Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Co Coaching thing already happens. Nathan Buckley was basically head coach with Mick and the same with Leon Cameron under Kevin Sheedy.
If there were to be two coaches it would be a main coach that gets all the limelight (Bomber) and another guy that just does all the actually training and match day stuff (Bolton).

Cameron and Sheedy yes, and it was Williams for the first year doing the real coaching, but Buckley was far from basically head coach under Mick. It's common knowledge that Mick kept Bucks at an arms length and a half after the Kirribilli agreement was made.

I can't see us going down that path though. We'll need a senior guy to be that figure head and with Thompson on the outs as suspected there's no one else available to take that position.

Cameron and Sheedy yes, and it was Williams for the first year doing the real coaching, but Buckley was far from basically head coach under Mick. It's common knowledge that Mick kept Bucks at an arms length and a half after the Kirribilli agreement was made.

I can't see us going down that path though. We'll need a senior guy to be that figure head and with Thompson on the outs as suspected there's no one else available to take that position.
I always thought he had strong control over the players especially the midfield group.
Also i don't think we will go down that path but Mark Thompson would be the only coach willing to help a younger one get experience.

The co-coaching recruitment process is a bit stupid. Both coaches will apply with different ideas, goals, techniques etc. They will be constantly butting heads if they're plonked together. Let them apply for the co-coaching straight up.

178175.gif

This guy is now back in melbourne image.jpg Gary Ablett is also back in melbourne after his trip to the US and the suns selection panel started the interview process in melbourne on Monday. coincidence ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please no.
AFL clubs are a professionaly run business these days, and when a senior head coach gets sacked , its for legitimate reasons.
Posters here have mentioned the likes of Ratten, Sanderson ,Voss, Mcartney etc,,,, but guys these sacked coaches are the guys that couldn't make the cut.
Now surely as a well run business we shouldn't even be entertaining the prospect of putting these failed coaches back into the chair so to speak.

AFL clubs are a professionaly run business these days, and when a senior head coach gets sacked , its for legitimate reasons.
Posters here have mentioned the likes of Ratten, Sanderson ,Voss, Mcartney etc,,,, but guys these sacked coaches are the guys that couldn't make the cut.
Now surely as a well run business we shouldn't even be entertaining the prospect of putting these failed coaches back into the chair so to speak.
amen

We need a guy like Bomber, yes Ive said it before, but he ticks all the boxes in regards to taking us to that finals arena.One has to admit, he did a very good job this season in getting Essendon to the finals as a caretaker coach, with all the distractions of the ASADA issues and with a list not so great.!!. hence his not so serious attitude. I would think he would become full on if he was nominated as our coach on a say 3 year contract.Believe his commitment would become full on, as I feel his commitment at Essendon this year was say a 80 to 85 % effort., if I can say it that way.

In a shock move, Guy McKenna has been named as Gold Coast head coach after none of the named candidates actually wanted the job.

McKenna was later quoted - "I used up all me sick days and really wanted a holiday. So I figured that I'd get the sack and come back two months later when the board remembered that no one wants to coach us... Other than me of course"

Yeah, that's really not how it works though. By your logic, Leigh Mathews should never have coached Brisbane.

Or Blight shouldn't have coached Adelaide or St Kilda, or Ayres at Adelaide, and that Sheedy should have stayed in "retirement"

Dont forget the debacle at Collingwood when they took on the sacked Tom Hafey and had their September holidays ruined by Grand Final appearance after Grand Final appearance. The swans took on twice sacked Hafey and saw finals.

Look forward to a club claiming a victory with a bloke who has been sacked without the success of the above mentioned and becomes better the second time around.

Ratten to me looks that guy. He wasn't bad at Carlton. Guys like Watters, McCarthey and Neeld had as impressive assistant coaching records as Dew, Bolton and Tudor.

Dont forget the debacle at Collingwood when they took on the sacked Tom Hafey and had their September holidays ruined by Grand Final appearance after Grand Final appearance. The swans took on twice sacked Hafey and saw finals.

Look forward to a club claiming a victory with a bloke who has been sacked without the success of the above mentioned and becomes better the second time around.

Ratten to me looks that guy. He wasn't bad at Carlton. Guys like Watters, McCarthey and Neeld had as impressive assistant coaching records as Dew, Bolton and Tudor.
Ratten seems to be happier and "lighter", not having that burden that Hird and Buckley have (the Hird-God effect).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back