Analysis Cockburn vs Freo - Should we move back

Remove this Banner Ad

No, but if you want to throw rocks you need to get your glass house boarded up.
One of the funniest things I've encountered on this site was a Greens voting poster constantly lecturing people about environmental issues for years. And then one day finding a post saying that they own not one, but 2 4wds. And in the city.

One of the funniest things I've encountered on this site was a Greens voting poster constantly lecturing people about environmental issues for years. And then one day finding a post saying that they own not one, but 2 4wds. And in the city.

The hypocrisy

The good news is we're heading into a period of sustained success, finding someone to replace Wooldside shouldn't be an issue. Might even help drive the bargaining process.

So the Wilson car park that is Fremantle oval is better?
The concrete terraces are such a great look.
The grass would be greener at Fremantle oval if there was any.
Even the Dockers marketing team think it's better.

Look where they take all the team pics etc - all in Freo or at fremantle oval.

Sharing facilities with the SFFC is less than ideal. I do like that we are heading back to our roots with regular training sessions pre-season and in-season at Fremantle Oval, and the girls play a number of their home games at Fremantle oval. The relocation to Cockburn was a good move. The government is now spending a bucket load of extra money to further improve and upgrade the facilities and the area around Cockburn.

Even the Dockers marketing team think it's better.

Look where they take all the team pics etc - all in Freo or at fremantle oval.
They take all the pics there because we are the Fremantle Dockers...

Highly doubt anyone actually at the footy club prefers the old facilities over the new ones.

Last edited:
Sharing facilities with the SFFC is less than ideal. I do like that we are heading back to our roots with regular training sessions pre-season and in-season at Fremantle Oval, and the girls play a number of their home games at Fremantle oval. The relocation to Cockburn was a good move. The government is now spending a bucket load of extra money to further improve and upgrade the facilities and the area around Cockburn.
Yep, one training session a week at freo. Would be good to see them walking on the strip after training and grabbing a coffee or vanilla slice.

Seeing change in Cockburn in the past 5 years more then Fremantle have in 30.
The new super shopping centre coming in. The development around the ARC. It’s positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing change in Cockburn in the past 5 years more then Fremantle have in 30.
The new super shopping centre coming in. The development around the ARC. It’s positive.
The wave pool will be pretty good at keeping some of the lads happy..
Fremantle location has turned into a hipster dumpster dive..

The wave pool will be pretty good at keeping some of the lads happy..
Fremantle location has turned into a hipster dumpster dive..

...turned into a revitalised hospitality precinct.**

Has had a great turnaround in the last 5 years. Was absolutely dead the 10 years beforehand.

If they can't build training facilities that are at least as good as Cockburn any full relocation back is not going to work. They should continue to look for opportunities to remain connected to Freo and if the local council doesn't want Woodside signage then the club needs to find a workaround.

If you speak to anyone at the club, they all want to be back in Freo.

Roachich wrecked it for everyone.

Yeah, I have spoken to multiple people there and not one has said they want to be back there. There were a couple who didn't mind it in either location.

All the talk I have heard is about how great the facility is and how large it is. Does anyone think we would have room for a similar size facility for both Men and Women in Freo?

It was a year and a half ago that I was in regular contact with different departments of the club, things may have changed since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back