Opinion Colin Sylvia

Remove this Banner Ad

He has been disappointing and I've been in his camp since we signed him as I thought he would be some icing on the cake.

He will be an easy target this week - rightfully might I add, has had 6-7 opportunities and only started the sub once so he only has himself to blame.

Probably a fair call coming from anyone else but Cometti usually uses that column to troll Fremantle at every available opportunity.

Your right, he loves to throw a back hander at Freo, but that article just says what the majority are thinking!

Colin's past has been lazy, not zealously committed and going through the motions games interspersed with the odd display of brilliance.
Kind of the opposite to Matt De Boer. Last weekend was an example of what happens when a whole team plays that way. We have slowly been drifting towards an attitude of entitlement of victory, rather than the previous belief in the need for manic pressure. Maybe the need for manic pressure in the game plan has been exhausting and Saturday was a culmination of that. Good to have the bye and reassess.

Colin's past has been lazy, not zealously committed and going through the motions games interspersed with the odd display of brilliance.
Kind of the opposite to Matt De Boer. Last weekend was an example of what happens when a whole team plays that way. We have slowly been drifting towards an attitude of entitlement of victory, rather than the previous belief in the need for manic pressure. Maybe the need for manic pressure in the game plan has been exhausting and Saturday was a culmination of that. Good to have the bye and reassess.

Yeah, I think there's something in that. All the top teams had a slip this week, ours was just significantly worse and costly. It takes a lot of mental energy to play top flight AFL every week, I think it's no coincidence that all the top 3 teams went to their bye early this week at least in their minds.

Not sure how that lets Colin of the hook though ... well clearly it doesn't' because, but for the odd moment in the Eagles game, I don't really remember him playing at the manic high intensity that most of the guys show week in and out.

Hey smoke ,how many more posters ,commentators have to come down hard on Sylvia before the penny drops.

Don't worry salim the penny is at the bottom of the well. I get it, people don't like Sylvia, maybe with good reason considering he rocked up underdone at the start of the season and has been average so far. I don't think it should be big deal to say that maybe a fringe player hasn't been as bad as some have suggested and that Dennis Commetti will kick anything purple to see if it gets a reaction.

If Sylvia plays against the Blues, which is still a strong possibility considering Walters is out, then I'll bet it's not too long before the Bronx cheers come out.

We haven't had "manic pressure" with or without Sylvia this season. We've over relied on Ballantyne to do the pressure acts but generally we've just been breaking teams with superior run and strength around the ball.

Don't worry salim the penny is at the bottom of the well. I get it, people don't like Sylvia, maybe with good reason considering he rocked up underdone at the start of the season and has been average so far. I don't think it should be big deal to say that maybe a fringe player hasn't been as bad as some have suggested and that Dennis Commetti will kick anything purple to see if it gets a reaction.

If Sylvia plays against the Blues, which is still a strong possibility considering Walters is out, then I'll bet it's not too long before the Bronx cheers come out.

You are totally wrong regarding the bolded bit. People saying he should be playing at WAFL level or just basic criticisms of him do not mean that they don't like him.

The plain and simple fact is that most Freo supporters would welcome him with open arms if he even hinted at the sort of performances he is capable of.

If he had averaged a goal a game this year (which I don't think is entirely unreasonable) he wouldn't even be looked at.

Personally I still think he played better than Mora on the weekend, wait till the hooks start coming out for him. Because it's almost a certainty that he gets dropped before the finals.

prior to the Saints debacle, I was firmly in the pro-Sylvia camp, but after seeing him live, I have gone the other way.
Drop
& here goes:
I'd prefer Clancee in the team than Sylvia after his terrible efforts.
Don't say things you will regret tomorrow willoblue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

prior to the Saints debacle, I was firmly in the pro-Sylvia camp, but after seeing him live, I have gone the other way.
Drop
& here goes:
I'd prefer Clancee in the team than Sylvia after his terrible efforts.

Worthy of a repeat.....

Wow...

Sylvia.....ouch

He gonna need aloe vera for that sweet, sweet burn.

Its got nothing to do with like or dislike of the bloke. The criticism is levelled at his lack of out put in all of his games incl Peel
I think every Freo supporter wants him to succeed,it should have been another link in our chase for the holy grail
Sadly he has been a non event from the day he rocked up late for pre season.

Some people must've won a lifetime supply of Kool Aid if they're saying Sylvia should continue to play for Fremantle. The bloke is useless – not only that, but he has no desire to not be

People saying he should be playing at WAFL level or just basic criticisms of him do not mean that they don't like him.

Its got nothing to do with like or dislike of the bloke.

Sorry I might have been a bit too casual with my language. I didn't mean people don't like him as a person, that's obviously ridiculous, we're pretty lucky to have a team who seem like really solid citizens but even if they weren't that wouldn't bother me all that much as long as they weren't absolute prongs.

I meant people don't like Sylvia in the team, with my greater point being that Dennis Commetti could have written a meanigful article about how disappointing the leadership was in the team to roll over in such a game when we're going for a top two finish and instead picks out a fringe player to kick - in my mind fire up the boo boys in the crowd knowing that he's already had some issues. That's why I included the bit about the Bronx cheer. Sorry for the confusion.

Gotta say I've been really disappointed with his out put. I was all for giving him 3 weeks to get the pace, he's had more and really shown nothing like the pressure/goals we need. I wouldn't drop him on last weeks game alone,but it's the reason I'd drop him.

Sorry I might have been a bit too casual with my language. I didn't mean people don't like him as a person, that's obviously ridiculous

As ridiculous as it may sound there have been plenty of posters here who have been saying they don't like Sylvia as a person since the day he arrived. Even now people are calling him a "flog" in the round 19 changes thread. Despite having obviously never met him.

Says a lot more about the "supporters" than it does about Sylvia IMO.

As ridiculous as it may sound there have been plenty of posters here who have been saying they don't like Sylvia as a person since the day he arrived. Even now people are calling him a "flog" in the round 19 changes thread. Despite having obviously never met him.

Post some quotes dickhead.

Show. Your. Workings.

Proof? I have never seen anything like that on this board. Posters here have questioned his work ethic and lazy attitude which is perfectly reasonable given he is a professional sportsman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back