Collingwood’s Josh Thomas, Lachie Keeffe accept two-year bans for taking banned drug clenbuterol

Remove this Banner Ad

:drunk:

I'm not sure how anyone who posts here as frequently as you do needs to pointed in the direction of the specific posters I'm talk about.
Have noted occasional posters running down the HTB / thread etc. Haven't taken their names down for future reference so probably wouldn't notice in particular an upswing in their activities. Am I supposed to be caring about this?

no-one seems to be focusing on the fact that it's two players. One you can understand, it's a rogue player juicing on his own time. But two? Is it then naive to think there aren't others who are at least aware and probably involved? And they were on a trip away, where do two people independently source this stuff?

Tullamarine?

I suspect the players have eaten something to cause the positive tests.

Their actions thus far (allowing names to be put out etc) are hardly actions of guilty drug takers.

I could be wrong, just a hunch.

Essendon on the other hand....

HAHAHA

unless they have eaten a freshly cooked Racing Horse I very much doubt it was something they have eaten.

A couple of things from this thread ...
  • The differences in these two cases are much much larger than just one having positive tests and the other not - one appears to be 2 individuals operating outside of their club's knowledge - the other appears to be a system within the club that may have given banned substances to a large proportion of it's playing group, possibly without their knowledge
  • I know that there is maybe a glimmer of hope in the "Mexican meat" angle or the "Asthma" prayer, but I hope that people realise how bad it sounds to try and use these as legitimate excuses
  • Surely no-one believes this was "held back" or "brought forward" to be announced today? I can imagine the decision was made fairly quickly to deal with it ASAP so that it would be the smaller story if it all goes awry for the bombers tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, this, the Crowley case and the Hunter betting incident just shows how stupid the average footballer is.... Sad really....

Too true. And any parent that lets their child use a footballer or any other sports person for that matter, as some sort of a role model to look up to, is IMHO, a complete dill!

It would appear that football ability and some sort of intellect or even common sense, is mutually exclusive for the average day modern footballer.

Last edited:
Have noted occasional posters running down the HTB / thread etc. Haven't taken their names down for future reference so probably wouldn't notice in particular an upswing in their activities. Am I supposed to be caring about this?
You tell me? You keep replying.

From the AFL Website, the 2015 Anti-Doping Code:
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/AFL Anti-Doping Code 2015 FINAL.pdf
17.2 Ineligibility for Presence, Use or Attempted Use, or Possession of Prohibited Substances or Prohibited Method
The period of Ineligibility imposed for a violation of Clause 10.2 (presence of Prohibited Substance or its Metabolites or Markers), Clause 10.3 (Use or Attempted Use of Prohibited Substance or Prohibited Method) and Clause 10.7 (Possession of Prohibited Substances and Methods) shall be as follows, subject to potential reduction or suspension pursuant to clauses 17.4 and 17.5, or 17.6:

(a) The period of Ineligibility shall be four (4) years where:
(i) The Anti-Doping Rule Violation does not involve a Specified Substance, unless the Player or other Person can establish that the Anti-Doping Rule Violation was not intentional;
(ii) The Anti-Doping Rule Violation involves a Specified Substance and the AFL can establish that the Anti-Doping Rule Violation was intentional.

(b) If Clause 17.2(a) does not apply, the period of Ineligibility shall be two (2) years.

Since Clenbuterol is an S1 prohibited substance, it is NOT a specified substance, therefore (a) 4 years could apply.
apparently we are still on the old code according to Ings; 2015 not ratified yet

Has Pert pushed them under the bus already
If you get a gangrenous finger you cut it off to spare the arm.

Dem boys are ****ed.

So Essendon accused of taking a substance that allegedly aids recovery and with no positive tests.

Collingwood players return a positive test to a substance with anabolic properties that would no doubt enhance performance.
Yes.

And...

I reckon if someone at Hawthorn or Carlton slips up the activity would be even higher tbh

It was actually reported a two weeks ago that our entire list had tested positive for EPO and stanzonol while players were being given dexedrine on game days but as we are irrelevant Norf minnows, nobody noticed.

You do understand that positive drug tests are not the only way to be busted right? Are you intentionally dense?

Key word "busted"

No one at Essendon has been yet.

Crowley on other hand has, thus Fremantle has more drug cheats than Essendon.

Fact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back