News Collingwood Cheerleaders / dance troupe

Good idea having cheerleaders / dance troupe at Collingwood games?

• Yeah

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Nah

Votes: 91 74.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw it live for the first time on Saturday. My god, what an abomination! You could feel the awkwardness in the crowd. I was looking all over the ground and I couldn't see a single person in the crowd getting into and dancing. Fail.
Yes because people are going to just bust out a move on the spot.

Cant believe so many of you are angered/cared by this stuff.

Yes because people are going to just bust out a move on the spot.

Cant believe so many of you are angered/cared by this stuff.
I only mentioned that because some people were saying that kids would get into it and dance, but I couldn't even see a single one that was.

It's a ridiculously stupid idea, and it's embarrassing to watch. I think that's more than enough of a reason to be annoyed.

Glad to see 70% of people disliking the dance troupe. I thought I might be the only one.
What a waste of money.....
Let's get some bands back at the start of games - even get some undiscovered talent to sing is better than the dance troupe (I think I preferred meatloaf and that's saying something)...
Get the place rocking and up beat before the game, not bored and disappointed.

Why can't the Auskickers have their moment without stupid dancers and shitty music blaring over the speakers? That's the only good "entertainment" aspect of the footy; letting the little kids get a chance to play on the MCG.

And they didn't even come up with a 2nd dance routine for half time either. The exact same dance was done twice. Once was more than enough. It wasn't exactly Swan Lake, was it?:oops:

Kanye may have been born an American but in the end he will be known as the saviour of the world. He is the real Mr Worldwide, not Pitbull.

I must admit that I don't know much about him. I feel somewhat disconnected by that type of urban music that he appears to be involved in. From what I have heard, he seems to be a little too consumed with Jesus, which isnt unusual for an American. He also appears to be a little too consumed with telling the world about himself and what he thinks, which again isnt unusual for an American. Personally, if I'd had a choice I would prefer to import their dance troupes and leave their obsessive religious thoughts and extreme individualism in their own backyard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kanye may have been born an American but in the end he will be known as the saviour of the world.
Pfffft, Seedsman already saved the world. Didn't you get the memo?

At least the kiss cam or whatever that s**t is gets a few laughs out of the crowd.

But that dance troupe was terrible. They were wearing clothes!! Seriously, who does that!?!?

yes. I hate those americanisms of wearing clothes...girls with black and white body paint would more useful. I question the inclusion of male dancers too. I just dont see the point of it.

Not only would that be lame that would be insulting

They weren't angels.....

1915 Anzac soldiers riot in Cairo's Wazzir brothel district
During the afternoon and evening of 2 April (Good Friday), an estimated 2500 New Zealand and Australian troops rioted in the Haret Al Wassir red-light district of Cairo’s Ezbekieh Quarter. The so-called ‘Battle of the Wazzir’ supposedly began as a reprisal for the spread of venereal disease and was not helped by rumours that Egyptian pimps had stabbed soldiers. It became a milestone in the unofficial history of the Anzacs.

Many of those involved were drunk. The houses of prostitutes were ransacked and their furniture thrown into the streets and set alight. Local firefighters were prevented from putting out these fires when their hoses were attacked. The military authorities had to use mounted police, ‘a squadron of yeomanry and picquets of Lancashire territorials’ to restore order. The subsequent inquiry heard from few reliable witnesses; the Australians and New Zealanders blamed each other. As a consequence, all leave was stopped.

Some argued that such events were inevitable with large numbers of men crowded together far from home (and close to being sent into battle). Despite the efforts of the military authorities, a ‘Second Battle of the Wazzir’ would be fought on 31 July 1915.

They weren't angels.....

1915 Anzac soldiers riot in Cairo's Wazzir brothel district
During the afternoon and evening of 2 April (Good Friday), an estimated 2500 New Zealand and Australian troops rioted in the Haret Al Wassir red-light district of Cairo’s Ezbekieh Quarter. The so-called ‘Battle of the Wazzir’ supposedly began as a reprisal for the spread of venereal disease and was not helped by rumours that Egyptian pimps had stabbed soldiers. It became a milestone in the unofficial history of the Anzacs.

Many of those involved were drunk. The houses of prostitutes were ransacked and their furniture thrown into the streets and set alight. Local firefighters were prevented from putting out these fires when their hoses were attacked. The military authorities had to use mounted police, ‘a squadron of yeomanry and picquets of Lancashire territorials’ to restore order. The subsequent inquiry heard from few reliable witnesses; the Australians and New Zealanders blamed each other. As a consequence, all leave was stopped.

Some argued that such events were inevitable with large numbers of men crowded together far from home (and close to being sent into battle). Despite the efforts of the military authorities, a ‘Second Battle of the Wazzir’ would be fought on 31 July 1915.

No one is saying they were angels, but the majority of them died to protect the rest of us so they deserve a bit of respect don't you think?

A bunch of hip hop gangster dancers isn't exactly how I would choose to show that respect

No one is saying they were angels, but the majority of them died to protect the rest of us so they deserve a bit of respect don't you think?

A bunch of hip hop gangster dancers isn't exactly how I would choose to show that respect

Well I suppose it would be out of character for the day....certainly as far as how the AFL is promoting it. As for protecting Australia, I suppose a lot of the original anzacs had thoughts of doing something for the British Empire. I think we all respect the ones that charged forward because they didnt want to let their mates down. To go back to a previous post, I wouldnt like to see Australia import the American reverence for the military...

Back