List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all keen to know what is happening with the players trying out, but the truth is, the club already knows a hell of a lot about these guys, otherwise they wouldn't be training with us.

I've been to two training sessions, and can only speak to what I saw. I noticed Jack Bytel because of his fitness and being at the front of nearly every sprint. Plus, he's a strong looking man with a good tank. Kicked well too. How will he fare in match play? Dunno.

The fact that Sofronidis didn't stand out to me, doesn't mean he won't be picked, of course. I just didn't noticed him. Port ruckman Brynn Teakle impressed may partner and he also liked Eyre.

You'd have to think an inside mid would be one selection and Bytel fits the bill over Sullivan in my book. If the Bulldogs didn't pick him up, there must be doubts over his capacity to step up a level.

We're all keen to know what is happening with the players trying out, but the truth is, the club already knows a hell of a lot about these guys, otherwise they wouldn't be training with us.

I've been to two training sessions, and can only speak to what I saw. I noticed Jack Bytel because of his fitness and being at the front of nearly every sprint. Plus, he's a strong looking man with a good tank. Kicked well too. How will he fare in match play? Dunno.

The fact that Sofronidis didn't stand out to me, doesn't mean he won't be picked, of course. I just didn't noticed him. Port ruckman Brynn Teakle impressed may partner and he also liked Eyre.

You'd have to think an inside mid would be one selection and Bytel fits the bill over Sullivan in my book. If the Bulldogs didn't pick him up, there must be doubts over his capacity to step up a level.
The Dogs aren't exactly on the hunt for inside mids though.

I’d be taking the natural footballer over the athlete in the inside mid position. I know nothing about these guys though, happy with the judgement of Dekka and the coaches on this.

I suppose that all three inside mids have to overcome some real or perceived weaker areas. (I also wonder if Long is actually in this 'train off' for a spot, along with Bytel, Sullivan & Husthwaite).

Last edited:

I can’t comment on the Sullivan Dogs stuff because I haven’t seen enough of them at state league level. What I would say is that Bytel is at a minimum stuck between levels because he’s too good for VFL footy, but never quite grasped his AFL opportunities. I would go with a mid following the loss of Adams and Bytel will offer as much as Macrae at a minimum.

moore never had a growth spurt. has was 199cm at draft time.
If you reckon that 4cm after he was drafted isn’t a growth spurt you’d be very, very wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4cm in 9 years is a growth spurt?

4cm in 3 months yes.
You think it took him until 2023 to get to 203cm? That would mean he was growing still in his mid 20’s which is not possible without having a medical condition.

Use your brain for a second please.

Edit: Is Darcy still growing?

Just in case you want to keep making such a ridiculous argument.

when did he grow the 4cm? you're the expert here.

according to the clubs website he was 200cm in March 2016. so he grew a massive 1cm from June 2014 to March 2016.

then the club says he was 201cm in July 2017... another 1cm unless the club's ruler is broken.

lucky his growth slowed down. he could've ended up a giant.

according to the clubs website he was 200cm in March 2016. so he grew a massive 1cm from June 2014 to March 2016.

then the club says he was 201cm in July 2017... another 1cm unless the club's ruler is broken.

He had a spurt at the age of 21.

If you’re going to reply to a post and ask for an answer, hit the reply button so I get a notification instead of having to chance that I’ll see it.

He grew 2cm in his first 2 seasons then had a 2cm spurt in early 2017. It might not seem like much to you but it can, and clearly did play havoc with his body given his soft tissue issues around that period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back