List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A list will look all sparkly after a grand final win but I think it's wrong to say we have no holes in the list. Our rucks are okay but battlers. It's a similar story for our KPP outside Moore. Another tall general defender would be helpful. We also lack higher end draft picks over last 4ish years.

I'd focus on youth this off season honestly. Hit the draft or otherwise look at 2-4 year players looking at their options. The Holmes or Clarke types fit that profile. If by chance a quality KPF decides they want a change I'd look but can't see anyone likely.
I don't think a KPF or KPD is needed. We might be able to improve with an upgrade but it would be very difficult and expensive to find. I don't see it as a priority. There's no hole there given how well our defence and offence performed, despite injuries.

We will of course be looking to improve, but there aren't any holes in our best 23 unless there are retirements or exits. Any club can improve in areas, but that doesn't mean there are holes.

You didn't need the SEN article to know that as soon as Oliver's name was floated in the media as possible trade bait it had nothing to do with his onfield performance, or their salary cap and everything to do with his long rumoured lifestyle choices.

Melbourne are fooling nobody and any club interested in him still will surely offer unders and test how desperate they are to get him out of the place.

How good is it. Sitting here having won the flag, watching other teams with player issues for once.

I know. I was just thinking how invested we have all been with past trade periods. This board has always been so passionate once our season finished in the past.

Now just sitting back hands clasped behind our heads laughing at other clubs, accepting that whatever our recruiters do we approve and just basking in our premiership glory.

Its a cool feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think a KPF or KPD is needed. We might be able to improve with an upgrade but it would be very difficult and expensive to find. I don't see it as a priority. There's no hole there given how well our defence and offence performed, despite injuries.

We will of course be looking to improve, but there aren't any holes in our best 23 unless there are retirements or exits. Any club can improve in areas, but that doesn't mean there are holes.
Our best 23 has proven they're good enough. But we had a dream injury run leading into the finals save for McStay and Adams.

Who would we have to rely on if say Howe/Murphy/Moore was out and Frampton already covering for McStay?

We do need some more ready made KPP depth.

You didn't need the SEN article to know that as soon as Oliver's name was floated in the media as possible trade bait it had nothing to do with his onfield performance, or their salary cap and everything to do with his long rumoured lifestyle choices.

Melbourne are fooling nobody and any club interested in him still will surely offer unders and test how desperate they are to get him out of the place.
Melb board is pretty delusional about this.
He is currently worth 2x top 10 picks apparently.
Sure…maybe if out of contract and no off field issues.

But not with a 7 year contract to go with it!
Not with Melb pushing him out (which is what this sounds like….watch this narrative change over the next 2 weeks!!)
Unless Melb pony up a massive amount of the rumourned $1M…..then they are giving him away for far less.

If a club is forced to take him on for the 7 years…that’s a massive warning sign.

This will be a very intriguing watch.

Would offer Dees our first and Ash Johnson that's about it maybe a future 1st thrown in.

Way unders for a player like Oliver unfortunately the news coming out about him and that huge contract is a massive massive concern.

This is the kind of trade which could absolutely destroy all the good things we have done at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melb board is pretty delusional about this.
He is currently worth 2x top 10 picks apparently.
Sure…maybe if out of contract and no off field issues.

But not with a 7 year contract to go with it!
Not with Melb pushing him out (which is what this sounds like….watch this narrative change over the next 2 weeks!!)
Unless Melb pony up a massive amount of the rumourned $1M…..then they are giving him away for far less.

If a club is forced to take him on for the 7 years…that’s a massive warning sign.

This will be a very intriguing watch.
We don't want that Ranga at our club, he would steal everyone's drugs and we would have no need for the collingwood party bus.

That they’re suggesting he should move in with Gawn should ring alarm bells. Sounds very much like they’re trying to monitor his behaviour. As a few have already said, it has Beams 2.0 written all over it. Let some other club try to sort him out.
Particularly odd given he's a veteran player.

Wells rocked up to pre season out of shape and could never get back to the required conditioning during his time here. It’s a shame because his class still stood up to AFL level.

Yep in his last game he was clearly BOG at the point where he jammed his knee into the turf.

If Elliott decided to retire (probably just bs) we should make a play for McAdam. McAdam and Johnon at the same club would hopefully inspire them both to play their best footy.

I could believe it.

Bruised and battered all his career, kicked one goal this finals series but got the flag.

If Elliott decided to retire (probably just bs) we should make a play for McAdam. McAdam and Johnon at the same club would hopefully inspire them both to play their best footy.
I would rather Liam Ryan than McAdam if we're looking to replace Elliott. Would probably just flat prefer Ryan.

Lycett will meet with Collingwood this week.
Not really a fan of this tbh but sort if lines up with what Craig Kelly recently said about list management and having to top up with seasoned veterans (for a year or two) to bridge the gap whilst we wait for the next crop (Steene/Begg) to come through.

Nothing confirmed, but sounding unlikely.

View attachment 1821456
If Doedee and Goldstein are out think we should go harder for Khamis and just leave it at that.

Seems like the type of player that would fit our system well. Tallish, good mover, versatile who can play fwd or back and push up the wings. Eventually take over the role that WHE has played so well the last 2 seasons. Could even play that intercept back role to replace Howe.

Not sure we'll be targeting many "guaranteed" best 22 options. The holes are no longer there. Main area we might want to improve is ruck, especially ruck/forward. Not a lot available and what we have is already pretty good.

If there are no retirements then we should just be looking for the best possible young recruits we can find. Mostly players with potential that have not yet reached it. Others could be players with a mark against them, etc injury like Doedee, who will be good if they can get right.

One player type I'd like is an elite runner with great disposal from defence. Basically a Nick type defender. Again, very difficult to find.
We may already have that player - Jakob Ryan.
His debut was inauspicious, but he has the traits.
And he's only just turned 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back