List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, we’re getting good players who wouldn’t have produced the same had they remained at their previous clubs.

Having said that, short memories abound, because people here were spewing we paid a future second for Hill, or paid anything at all for Frampton. It was worth it because they outproduced their market value.

Mitchell was always a bargain.
Yea would've been much happier if we had won over Liam Henry instead and traded a F2 for him as Saints are doing. That would be a Hill type equivalent trade.

Gambling a F1 on Schultz just seems like a bit of arrogance that we won the premiership this year. It's not like we dominated the competition/finals this year. There was quite a bit of luck involved in the close games that we ultimately won.

Other teams must love dealing with Wright. I mean, we’re getting good players who wouldn’t have produced the same had they remained where they were, but we’re ******* generous. Imagine you’re a list manager for another club, and your player is tossing up between Essendon and Collingwood, or Geelong and Collingwood? You’d be praying they chose us.
Yes, and we get the player we have targeted, who gives a feck about anyone else?

You can forget the JUH or King dream for next season it would seem.

I can live with the future first given we've just won the flag and are loading up for another shot.

More annoyed that we had to include the Adams compensation also rather than our later second round selection.

Not a deal breaker however. LOL.

Ah well at least we get to play with our "1st" round selection this year and bring someone else in 12 months earlier.

Yea would've been much happier if we had won over Liam Henry instead and traded a F2 for him as Saints are doing. That would be a Hill type equivalent trade.

Gambling a F1 on Schultz just seems like a bit of arrogance that we won the premiership this year. It's not like we dominated the competition/finals this year. There was quite a bit of luck involved in the close games that we ultimately won.
* me you sound like a Melbourne supporter

Yes, and we get the player we have targeted, who gives a feck about anyone else?

Hyperbole. Obviously there has to be a limit on what you’re prepared to pay to get “the player we have targeted”. I’m not suggesting we exceeded that, only that we seem to pay a premium that no-one else does.

Can't believe we didn't get a contracted gun small forward for a future 8th rounder :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Entire administration should be sacked
Hyperbole: exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Trouble is, there were not many in this thread who thought he wasn’t worth a 1st
What was said was that we didn’t want to give a future first (again) or have to add a second to a first rounder

Like I said, we’re getting good players who wouldn’t have produced the same had they remained at their previous clubs.

Having said that, short memories abound, because people here were spewing we paid a future second for Hill, or paid anything at all for Frampton. It was worth it because they outproduced their market value.

Mitchell was always a bargain.
Fair enough - the ends do tend to justify the means.

But that's the whole point right? We can't say we did well until the end of next year.

Also if Freo take a dud pick with our future 1st, and Schultz goes on to just be a serviceable player for us (not a star)... Who wins the trade?

Too many variables.

We've paid slight overs to get a contracted guy out of his club. Essendon refused to do that in 2021 with Bobby Hill and now he's a Premiership player for us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like Schultz would have much higher profile and higher accepted trade value amongst supporters if he played in Victoria. His stats over the past two years - in a notoriously difficult and inconsistent position - are excellent. He's Jamie Elliott but half a dozen years younger.

I think we'll now trade Ginnivan and also this year's first rounder, so that we have some picks to work with next year.

Hes shaped a flag winning list with limited resources and now he’s going for the jugular of back to back and we’re still whinging. You can be safe and hit the draft hard with early picks like Carlton have killed it at or you can go chips in when you have an opportunity to do something special. I think Wrighty is doing a remarkable job of trying to do a bit of both. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I feel like this "in Wright we trust" mantra is getting a bit overblown. He didn't shape this premiership list in a year. It's been a decade in the making. McCrae basically took the "Buckley list" to 1 point from the GF in his first year. If we had the luck we had this year in finals last year we could've been premiers in 2022 before GW really got started. It was already a good list and just needed good coaching.

People who had a crush on Dan McStay shot down anyone questioning his deal last year - we need to trust Wrighty and Fly they said - yet those SAME PEOPLE are getting their hackles up over the Schultz deal.

Trust Wrighty and Fly, even if it puts some pressure on other players on the list to actually earn their spot in the senior side!

I feel like this "in Wright we trust" mantra is getting a bit overblown. He didn't shape this premiership list in a year. It's been a decade in the making. McCrae basically took the "Buckley list" to 1 point from the GF in his first year. If we had the luck we had this year in finals last year we could've been premiers in 2022 before GW really got started. It was already a good list and just needed good coaching.
Honestly I think we’ve got glaring holes in our list everywhere which makes Fly even more of a freak. The bookends for starters

One thing is for sure, we aren’t a club who dallies around for picks and sweeteners etc like some other list bosses do aka SOS, Mackie etc.

We seem to not overly worry too much as back ourselves in to find players at any pick or via any stream be or draft, trade, FA, SSP, mid season etc.

We won a flag paying two players at other clubs when it was all doom and gloom post 2020.

We still have a first and second rounder this year to take in the national draft too so I’m backing them in again to find a player for the future too.

we unquestionably paid overs

but i do like:
_the capacity for Hogans gags
_that Sarge is a 'small' with the build of an M4 Sherman tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back