List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what way, and were we reamed last year? Have we been reamed under Wright?
Trading a F1 and second round for a player in his prime (ie max output) that we are only paying $500k p.a. for.

Getting pick 27 whilst paying $250k p.a. of 2x AA/B&F player in Grundy whilst Freo get a F1 and second round for Schultz.

First round draft pick Henry who had played more games than most players from the 2020 draft class and is now a 40 year forward going for pick 25 whilst Schultz gets a F1 and second round.

Other teams must love dealing with Wright. I mean, we’re getting good players who wouldn’t have produced the same had they remained where they were, but we’re ******* generous. Imagine you’re a list manager for another club, and your player is tossing up between Essendon and Collingwood, or Geelong and Collingwood? You’d be praying they chose us.

That's my take. He gets deals done which is great but we are too generous and then when players wanna get traded we trade them for a nothing pick.

I think we all hope that our future first is pick 18 next year but you never know and it could fall to pick 12, this draft is particularly weak and so could next years but I am sure we would all expect a pick between 14-18 our future first to be enough by itself.
14-18 could also slide further down as a result of academy and Father Son. We wont be imploding like Geebung.

We brought Wight in to get deals done for the players we target. So far, he has hit the mark.

Wright gets deals done because other clubs know he is fair & reasonable to deal with. If you want to ben other clubs over, hire Dodoro

Other teams must love dealing with Wright. I mean, we’re getting good players who wouldn’t have produced the same had they remained where they were, but we’re ******* generous. Imagine you’re a list manager for another club, and your player is tossing up between Essendon and Collingwood, or Geelong and Collingwood? You’d be praying they chose us.
You cannot be serious

Some clubs like Essendon and Geelong want to be the clear winner during trade week. While I think we can be a bit easy at times I don’t mind the just get the deal mindset especially when we’re bringing players in.
Exactly, Dodoro cares about winning trades, than getting players to win finals, he's won trades for 20 years and look what Essendon have done, bugger all

The best part about it is that the trade literally broke on the AFL House twitter account, which is usually just to formalise news 15-20 minutes after the journalists pick up on the story and feed on it like a crow on a carcass.

Drama free, no journos getting preferential stories. Just business.

Lets just pray Wright got this deal out the way because he has other ideas for pick 19.

How much did we give up for Tom Mitchell, Billy Frampton and Bobby Hill combined?

Like I said, we’re getting good players who wouldn’t have produced the same had they remained at their previous clubs.

Having said that, short memories abound, because people here were spewing we paid a future second for Hill, or paid anything at all for Frampton. It was worth it because they outproduced their market value.

Mitchell was always a bargain.

Trading a F1 and second round for a player in his prime (ie max output) that we are only paying $500k p.a. for.

Getting pick 27 whilst paying $250k p.a. of 2x AA/B&F player in Grundy whilst Freo get a F1 and second round for Schultz.

First round draft pick Henry who had played more games than most players from the 2020 draft class and is now a 40 year forward going for pick 25 whilst Schultz gets a F1 and second round.
Ancient news - Henry was always going home. Grundy had to go, and it helped us win the flag.

Wright is in charge now, and so far he hasn't put a foot wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like we've overpaid for a player that's nice to have but isn't really a need. I wish we'd looked for a trade for a player in another area of the ground for what it's cost.

Imagine the outcry if Wright traded 14 27 and 33 for 11 like Melbourne did
Hes shaped a flag winning list with limited resources and now he’s going for the jugular of back to back and we’re still whinging. You can be safe and hit the draft hard with early picks like Carlton have killed it at or you can go chips in when you have an opportunity to do something special. I think Wrighty is doing a remarkable job of trying to do a bit of both. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Perhaps because posters are occupied with doctoring up their shredded rectums after the jolly roggering they've endured from this trade.
Great work. I was waiting excitedly for the first mention of absent lube, but that tops it.

#nolube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back