List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you recall a pair of brothers by the name of Nick and Josh Daicos who were also Blues supporters? Wasn't an issue in the end lol
Nick was... briefly.
Josh, never was.

Money talks. He’s on role player money at the pies and that’s not going to change. If the Suns made him a lucrative long term offer like they’ve done for other role players in the past (Brandon Ellis anyone?) then he’d be silly not to consider it.
They’re a side on the rise, too. If they don’t play finals this year, they’ll be there next year.

Work under Dimma with a beach lifestyle with some strong talents on a four or five year deal and good pay. Could well leave.

giphy.gif
100 game player Noble is worth the same as 1 gamer Richards.

Classic Big Footy.

Cameron is a top 10 ruck in the league based on this year. Talk of moving him is nuts.
Yep.

Cameron will never be a forward. He’s a ruck ( closing in on AA form) who is capable at times of kicking a goal.

Cox will eventually be replaced by a ruck forward or a forward ruck

Do you recall a pair of brothers by the name of Nick and Josh Daicos who were also Blues supporters? Wasn't an issue in the end lol
Only Nick. Josh has always been pies, through and through.

They’re a side on the rise, too. If they don’t play finals this year, they’ll be there next year.

Work under Dimma with a beach lifestyle with some strong talents on a four or five year deal and good pay. Could well leave.
The sun is his natural enemy however, so the Gold Coast may not be so appealing from that perspective

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood is open to trading back into the first round of the national draft this year but could end up getting the player it wants with with Hawthorn’s second-rounder.

Collingwood is aware it needs to get back into the draft in a big way and will use as much as $4 million of cap space by the end of 2025 to hit the free agency market.

But its needs are with key backs and key forwards so if the Hawks pick ends up around pick 22-25 the players the Pies want might end up in that range.

Murray Bushrangers twins Jack and Matt Whitlock could be available in that range as key backs in the mould of the McKay twins, although some recruiters have them higher.

So with the national championships approaching, the Pies will do their due diligence on where they need to be in the draft to secure their next-gen key talls.

this is crazy thinking from the club.

imagine using a 1st round draft pick on a KPF /KPD from the National Draft instead of shopping in the $2 bin after everyone else has already finished their shopping.

imagine having to wait eons for an 18 yo tall to develop and potentially play a senior game when the team is clearly still in the window.

how is this thinking even being seriously contemplated by the club ..oh thank goodness, the club offered up it's 1st rounder (+ 2nd rounder) for a position it was already well stocked in ..phew!! now, to get back to the bottom of that $2 bin.

Yep.

Cameron will never be a forward. He’s a ruck ( closing in on AA form) who is capable at times of kicking a goal.

Cox will eventually be replaced by a ruck forward or a forward ruck
Ok that’s nonsense. Cameron was literally recruited as a forward/ruck and he proved himself to be quite competent at it, overtaking Cox in the role in his first year at the club.

Whether we should move him forward is another argument altogether, but to say he can’t do it is patently wrong.

Ok that’s nonsense. Cameron was literally recruited as a forward/ruck and he proved himself to be quite competent at it, overtaking Cox in the role in his first year at the club.

Whether we should move him forward is another argument altogether, but to say he can’t do it is patently wrong.
Taking my poetic license too literally as usual. I never should say never. But it does fire you up so that’s a bonus.

He should not be moved forward is my base case.

It’s cox and the forward craft cox provides is where we need to find a replacement. Whether that’s a ruck who can kick a goal or a genuine forward who can ruck will be the decision. Cameron should not be the permanent forward though. He’s in career best form doing what he’s doing.

Last edited:
Taking my poetic license too literally as usual. I never should say never. But it does fire you up so that’s a bonus.

He should not be moved forward is my base case.

It’s cox and the forward craft cox provides is where we need to find a replacement. Whether that’s a ruck who can kick a goal or a genuine forward who can ruck will be the decision. Cameron should not be the pet ant forward though. He’s in career best form doing what he’s doing.
Yes yes, every time you get something wrong it’s somebody “taking your poetic licence to literally” 🙄

Yawn.

No joke, serious. Nick followed the Blues for 3 or 4 years because Stephen Silvagni took him along to all their games.
Koutas son followed the Pies.
So did Kouta

Cameron is a top 10 ruck in the league based on this year. Talk of moving him is nuts.
Sure, but I think Moyle will be better. In the 2 games he's played this year he's been elite - hardly the perfect metric, but 3rd highest average AFL player rating of all ruckmen this season.

I think by mid next year it would probably be Moyle over Cameron as a ruck, and Cameron easily over Cox as a ruck/fwd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back