List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat up. He doesn’t sound like he is staying at GC though. Standard lines for a soon to be departing player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crikey, and save close to a million a year in salary. Never again Collingwood let a player and manager bend us over a barrel.
Judging from recent comments from Bucks, the only reason Brodie got that contract is because Ed came in over the top. He and the footy dept had actually come to the decision to trade him rather than give him that contract.

what trade year would that have been mate?
2019. Assuming they handed over two firsts (Brodie was coming off 2 AA’s and was being talked up as the most valuable player in the game), it was pick 8 for 2019, and Adelaide got the spoon in 2020. They were bad enough that I think it’s safe to assume that Brodie wouldn’t have made enough impact to alter their ladder position given how putrid he was once the Brisbane hub kicked in.

It seems as though we have a superabundance of half backs and small forwards in the squad now. Although Key Position Players would be brilliant acquisitions to bolster our spine, I'm more worried about our midfield depth, considering the impending retirements of so many of our old-stalwarts brigade. Would love to bag Jhye Clark from Geelong or other players of that ilk to bolster our inside mid depth over the next 12 months.
I am not expecting Collingwood to have a single figure draft pick next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Begg not rate a mention or have we been allowed to retain him as a rookie?
The fact we have re-signed him but hasnt been upgraded does imply they have approved the new rookie rule for MSD allowing them an extra year

The fact we have re-signed him but hasnt been upgraded does imply they have approved the new rookie rule for MSD allowing them an extra year
Probably also means 3 in the draft, as they need to go from 33 to 36 on the main list.
.I find it odd that they've upgraded Markov seeing he had two more possible years as a rookie. They would have kept more flexibility for next year by upgrading Begg.

Probably also means 3 in the draft, as they need to go from 33 to 36 on the main list.
.I find it odd that they've upgraded Markov seeing he had two more possible years as a rookie. They would have kept more flexibility for next year by upgrading Begg.
Yeah, with the fact you have to get to 36 and SSP/Rookie list players dont go on the primary list, and it doesn't seem we are interested in anyone in DFA -- You'd have to take 3 in the draft, you'd imagine.

2019. Assuming they handed over two firsts (Brodie was coming off 2 AA’s and was being talked up as the most valuable player in the game), it was pick 8 for 2019, and Adelaide got the spoon in 2020. They were bad enough that I think it’s safe to assume that Brodie wouldn’t have made enough impact to alter their ladder position given how putrid he was once the Brisbane hub kicked in.
that's painful. Jamara or Logan Mcdonald could have been our key forward for the next 10 years.

Yeah, with the fact you have to get to 36 and SSP/Rookie list players dont go on the primary list, and it doesn't seem we are interested in anyone in DFA -- You'd have to take 3 in the draft, you'd imagine.
Could take one in PSD. Would that avoid a 2 year contract obligation?

Thought we would go a DFA but as you said it is not what we have done before. So now I think it will be to see if anyone is available we like at our 3rd pick. If not we can just elevate another rookie after the draft which would leave 3 Rookie spots.
I also thought Begg would make more sense but I suppose they wanted to put the Flag player on the primary list.

This place would have absolutely blown up over it! I was one of the few on here critical of the deal in 2020 and talked him up as a trade option early in 2022, but even I would have struggled to wrap my head around that trade. My guess is Bucks added some mayo on the story of the FD deciding to trade him.

They had to fill the senior list, probably had no other pro scout options and didn’t want a 4th ND pick

This place would have absolutely blown up over it! I was one of the few on here critical of the deal in 2020 and talked him up as a trade option early in 2022, but even I would have struggled to wrap my head around that trade. My guess is Bucks added some mayo on the story of the FD deciding to trade him.
Yeah BF would have melted, particularly the “we must retain him at any cost” crowd.
Honestly I would have struggled to get my head around it at the time as well, but knowing what we know now about our cap issues and what we had to do in 2020 in order to fix that, is it really so hard to believe that Bucks is telling the truth? Clearly we couldn’t afford what he was demanding at the time, so moving him on at his peak value would have been the most logical thing to do from a FD perspective, regardless of the howls of anguish they’d receive from the supporter base in the short term.

Yeah BF would have melted, particularly the “we must retain him at any cost” crowd.
Honestly I would have struggled to get my head around it at the time as well, but knowing what we know now about our cap issues and what we had to do in 2020 in order to fix that, is it really so hard to believe that Bucks is telling the truth? Clearly we couldn’t afford what he was demanding at the time, so moving him on at his peak value would have been the most logical thing to do from a FD perspective, regardless of the howls of anguish they’d receive from the supporter base in the short term.
I was one who was pissed off at how Treloar was treated, but given the salary cap situation, it was the right decision.
That said, it wasn't his fault that the situation arose - it was our incompetent contract handling that kept kicking the can down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back