List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont know what Oli Henry has done to justify pick 6 in that list. v high for an undersized forward who has had a few good cameos to date. Ginni has a bigger body of work to date, and didnt even make the list

Averaged something like 1.9 goals a game which I’d reckon would have him bloody close to the top 20 league-wide. Certainly more than Ginni in 2022 (his best season) who only managed something like 1.7-1.8. His trajectory shows he’s also improved that average every year.

Last edited:

Kreuger has to be ahead of Frampton for a KPF. Otherwise he should have been delisted. Frampton is a last resort.

Frampton can play anywhere.
Krueger can’t even stay fit.
He is depth and will be gone at end of year surely.
Frampton should’ve had 2-3 goals in the GF, reckon he was too shocked that he was beating Andrews to the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frampton should’ve had 2-3 goals in the GF, reckon he was too shocked that he was beating Andrews to the ball.

That's a fairly generous read on Framptons forward prowess. That ball that hit him on the tit 25m out dead in front of goal that he never even got hands to under no pressure whatsoever and the second opportunity where he had Andrews dead to rights out the back 20m out in the forward pocket and got nowhere near that either are both pretty solid indicators of his ability as a forward, if his lack of output at two other clubs isn't enough for you.

Bit parts depth player down back maybe chopping out in the ruck for a bit I can live with, but the fella simply ain't a forwards a******e I'm afraid...

That's a fairly generous read on Framptons forward prowess. That ball that hit him on the tit 25m out dead in front of goal that he never even got hands to under no pressure whatsoever and the second opportunity where he had Andrews dead to rights out the back 20m out in the forward pocket and got nowhere near that either are both pretty solid indicators of his ability as a forward, if his lack of output at two other clubs isn't enough for you.

Bit parts depth player down back maybe chopping out in the ruck for a bit I can live with, but the fella simply ain't a forwards a******e I'm afraid...
And yet he's a Collingwood premiership forward. Played his role.
He will do it again.

Frampton can play anywhere, just not to a particularly good standard when it comes to the forward half. The first 7 years of his career had South Australians saying “he should have had x goals”. That’s not a new thing for him and he’s not magically going to become the forward we need after so many years in the system failing in the position.

The argument about Kreuger not being able to stay fit is ludicrous. If the club didn’t think they could get him right they’d have delisted him. As it stands, they haven’t, and he’s a much better forward than Frampton.

Frampton can play anywhere, just not to a particularly good standard when it comes to the forward half. The first 7 years of his career had South Australians saying “he should have had x goals”. That’s not a new thing for him and he’s not magically going to become the forward we need after so many years in the system failing in the position.

The argument about Kreuger not being able to stay fit is ludicrous. If the club didn’t think they could get him right they’d have delisted him. As it stands, they haven’t, and he’s a much better forward than Frampton.
In the latter half of the VFL season, Kreuger played 10 or so games consecutively, admittedly excusing himself from further play in some of those games due to minor injuries we were convinced would be major. Of those games, only a couple were stand outs. He did not set the field on fire, but he left us pondering what he might achieve at AFL level when the target of better disposal from team mates. We are not exactly over-burdened with CHF types now, so he will certainly come under consideration for a role.

Frampton would be a better player if he could get his arms and hands to do more than they do. His movement seems too trunk fixated and ignores the potential that upper body appendages provide. He'd do well to spend hours studying videos of his performances, with an eye to gaining greater prowess and control of his upper limbs. It's all very well to be a blanket, but at least be one that also has sleeves and gloves.

Pendles muffed an even easier mark in the final round against Essendon and he's no mug. It happens. He generally marks okay and on a normal day should have kicked 2-3 goals given his opportunities against Harris Andrews. That would have been an outstanding result. He will not be playing against Harris Andrews every week (if we do decide to play him from the goalsquare).

In the latter half of the VFL season, Kreuger played 10 or so games consecutively, admittedly excusing himself from further play in some of those games due to minor injuries we were convinced would be major. Of those games, only a couple were stand outs. He did not set the field on fire, but he left us pondering what he might achieve at AFL level when the target of better disposal from team mates. We are not exactly over-burdened with CHF types now, so he will certainly come under consideration for a role.

Frampton would be a better player if he could get his arms and hands to do more than they do. His movement seems too trunk fixated and ignores the potential that upper body appendages provide. He'd do well to spend hours studying videos of his performances, with an eye to gaining greater prowess and control of his upper limbs. It's all very well to be a blanket, but at least be one that also has sleeves and gloves.
He is still very fumbly and rarely clunks marks or gathers the ball cleanly which is an absolute prerequisite at the highest level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is still very fumbly and rarely clunks marks or gathers the ball cleanly which is an absolute prerequisite at the highest level.
Freddy reminds me of Jarrod Molloy. Goes hard in the air and at ground level. He's unlikely to take many contested marks, but if he can bring it to ground and also provide a contest and pressure at ground level, he'll be valuable.

Last edited:
I think Kreuger really has the capability to be a genuine forward target in our system. When he's not injured.

I also personally think Frampton could be a decent target if they spend this summer getting him to work on being nothing but a forward. Reckon come Round 1 he can be ready to play a good role.

Hell, even in the Grand Final he actually could have kicked 3 or 4 had he just clunked some basic marks. Which I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say he was probably just super nervous? It's not like he can't mark as a forward, we've seen him do it.
100% agree on Frampton, confidence is king. You never know what you’ll get unless you back somebody in.

Our problem isn’t our starting 23 for round 1 (assuming we don’t have any other preseason disasters), it’s post round 1 as injuries start to mount.

We are thin on for ready to go ruckmen. If we lose another tall then we are also unstuck.

This is further exacerbated by the quality of the talls we have. Moore is A grade, Mihocek and Murphy are not Uber tall…and thus can’t compensate. The rest are relatively unproven.

Whichever side of the argument you sit on , the key point is it would be idiocy not to use one of our 4 available spots on a key forward option. Hopefully Hine has no say in it

Whichever side of the argument you sit on , the key point is it would be idiocy not to use one of our 4 available spots on a key forward option. Hopefully Hine has no say in it
You do understand that Hine drafts kids based on what the club and footy dept want right..? It’s not like he actively goes out of his way to not draft talls, he had both Morris and Reid on his shortlist for our second selection…

A lot of people point out Billy’s missed opportunities in the GF but I think a lot of this was caused from being in two minds. Watch the vision closely and he was always fixated on Andrews at the expense of making the play and never left his side which was obviously the instruction.
I’m going on Fly’s comments earlier in the year. I’d prefer to focus on what a player is doing well rather than what they are not doing well.

You do understand that Hine drafts kids based on what the club and footy dept want right..? It’s not like he actively goes out of his way to not draft talls, he had both Morris and Reid on his shortlist for our second selection…
Just seems silly constantly complaining about Kreuger etc when we have 4 list spots available to use for alternatives. Unless we use them all on mids and flankers with high upside from alternative sport backgrounds

A lot of people point out Billy’s missed opportunities in the GF but I think a lot of this was caused from being in two minds. Watch the vision closely and he was always fixated on Andrews at the expense of making the play and never left his side which was obviously the instruction.
I’m going on Fly’s comments earlier in the year. I’d prefer to focus on what a player is doing well rather than what they are not doing well.
100%. I'd imagine it would have been difficult for him to deviate from the defensive to the forward mindset in those moments, particularly as it was obvious what his instructions and role were for the day...to keep Andrews out of the game. Which he played to perfection for 3 quarters.

I can guarantee Fly, Leppa are sitting him down to watch replays of where he can improve.
He's fast, strong, decent enough kick.

I blame GF nerves for his missed marks and also full concentration on keeping Andrews quiet.
His medal will make him hungrier for more.

I can guarantee Fly, Leppa are sitting him down to watch replays of where he can improve.
He's fast, strong, decent enough kick.

I blame GF nerves for his missed marks and also full concentration on keeping Andrews quiet.
His medal will make him hungrier for more.
Less than a weeks prep after no senior footy for a while is also a big ask. He did well , people mark him like he is an AA , guy was playing ressies and swapped all over the ground all year .

For me, Framps is underrated and maybe didn’t have belief. Adelaide wasn’t a great environment.

It really isn’t ludricrous to say Kreuger is injured all the time. He had enough talent to warrant one more year but I’m bullish given his history. We certainly shouldn’t be plotting for him to play as CHF. In 2022 he was supposed to replace Cox. In 2023, he would have had a gig at various points. Both times he was injured.

Regardless of personal opinion on Kreuger or Frampton it’s a good idea to find some more talls, particularly when Murphy is hanging on by a thread and could well be gone before the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back