List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Settle down TD, I am worried about yout heart being able to handle all this anxiety :D. Dont worry we will get everyone available on the market :D. Until then take it easy bud, because we want you in top shape when the trade period kicks of to fire up all the welcome to Collingwood threads :D

Still got a Bloody Weak. I always had Anxiety Problems. I take Squel For it

Still got a Bloody Weak. I always had Anxiety Problems. I take Squel For it

Good way to kill anxiety is to do weighs Davo. Join a gym brother, lift some weights or start hitting a bag. You'd love it. Good way to relieve stress.

But you said you have more Info Pre-GF and Just wondering IF That Meant you where talking to your Mate on GF Day

Lol the GF was 24 hours ago

Good way to kill anxiety is to do weighs Davo. Join a gym brother, lift some weights or start hitting a bag. You'd love it. Good way to relieve stress.

Twisties work just fine spartan-magpie!

Keep it going Dave I know trade week is your finals series..........love your work.

I'm pretty sure afl players can use the averaging provisions that farmers do. Smooths there tax payments out.

averaging is used by nearly all footballers, like farmers their industry income can go up and down year to year.

distribution of income to family members has also become possible as well. the aflpa has been putting a lot of time into this as it effectively increases players take home pay, they even tried to pre annouce the outcome of the ato test case.

Twisties work just fine spartan-magpie!

Keep it going Dave I know trade week is your finals series..........love your work.

Especially with no Collingwood in the Finals

I said he's agile, not quick.

Slow over what distance too?

His agility and first steps aren't slow.

Also pace can be improved on.

If I could be ****ed I would make a tape of his slow arse making meters off "quicker" opponents from stand still starts in centre clearances or throw ins, his lack of pace is overstated and as I have previously said I think it is a lack of pace over distance rather then a lack of acceleration.

He may have smarts but smarts don't get you from stand point away from an opponent when both players move at the same time. His lack of pace is grossly exaggerated.

It's well known that Mitchell slipped in his draft year because recruiters regarded him as slow. He's a smart player who reads the play well enough that he doesn't need to be fast, much like Pendlebury.

Pendles ran a 2.96 20m, not exactly slow just looks like he is in cruise mode.

Mitchell I suspect ran a slower 20m at draft time but he has definitely increased it over the years, he also maybe a smart player but I've seen him on numerous occasions use acceleration to gain gaps on opponents.
He may not be elite paced but I reckon he is mid paced which is enough, people talk like he is a cripple and slowest player in the league which belies what happens onfield.

The above is great advice TD. I have an anxiety disorder (ocd) and weight training helps immensely, as would any form of exercise.

The above is great advice TD. I have an anxiety disorder (ocd) and weight training helps immensely, as would any form of exercise.

and Get into better Shape then I am now.

Though don't own any weights

You do have a very interesting writing style Saintly.
You are right.. for the tax system to work in your favor in this way you have to be a high earner in the first place so that the tax saved exceeds any real losses incurred and risk (not that there has to be real losses incurred.. the aim is for paper losses). The government is generally made up of very wealthy ambitious individuals who mix with business people and wealthy people all the time and then do their bidding. There's not much incentive for them to straighten out the tax benefits mainly enjoyed by the wealthy. I bet Mit Romney is still only paying 14% a year despite all the negative publicity it got. In terms of it being legal?? well there's always a huge grey area in this stuff and the as a criminal offense the burden of proof is very high.. so the risk is low.. consequently people push the envelope a lot.
Thank you, i think i write trying to catch up with my brain, i think thats what happens.
The funny thing about tax minimisation is that one group who likely (at times) pay "less tax" is busines or people taking payments with cash. Some in the pocket, some on the books.
So the employee and the honest people are subsidising for this group of cash takers. I find that somewhat amusing. But anyway as we move to an inevitable cashless society this will be less intriguing than it is now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few amusing melts on the Richmond board, and Treloar getting a lot of mentions again. Even their stubborn recruiting staff have finally taken no for an answer, but the supporters just can't.
Desperation is sinking in as another rebuild is only a couple of seasons away.

Dare say you meant Oxley and 39.

Another name that people don't seem to be putting much thought into yet apparently according to the media anyway wants out to Vic is Omeara.

If it came a choice between Omeara and Aish, Omeara all day long.

If we wanted Omeara we would have to give up someone of equal worth like deoey, Moore, Elliot, or Grundy. No way will they let him go for junk picks or c grade trades. If we get aish for not much great, but Treloar will cost us and we won't have much else to offer to get another big name.

It's not all about negative gearing. It's about having a portfolio of tax deductions which you utilize at the right time to avoid paying tax. OBVIOUSLY you do not do this unless the money you save in tax is considerably greater than any money you might lose in the business or investment. If you are earning $1 mill a year then this will pretty much always be the case. If it didn't work rich people wouldn't do it would they and there wouldn't be a whole industry with highly paid accountants employed to minimize rich peoples tax.

Btw..You have a very nice biggest problem in life...
I wish:cry:

I get the gist of what you're saying, but even the mega rich pay a lot of tax in one way or another. I recall someone asking Lindsay Fox the question about the low level of personal income tax he pays. He replied with the fact that he pays about $12M a week (or some such exorbitant amount) just in fuel excises alone, though Linfox.

If we wanted Omeara we would have to give up someone of equal worth like deoey, Moore, Elliot, or Grundy. No way will they let him go for junk picks or c grade trades. If we get aish for not much great, but Treloar will cost us and we won't have much else to offer to get another big name.

Was thinking 2016 first rounder and Seedsman.

They could want more but he comes with the injury risk now.

Amazing that the "Discussion of the Australian Tax System and how to avoid paying your share" thread has reached nearly 790 pages.

It's a bit annoying people keep talking about football in it though.
Guilty, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back