List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the timing of this discussion to be a bit premature.
Like looking for a new wife while you're still living with and married to your current one.

Like looking for a new wife while you're still living with and married to your current one.
more like looking for consent for a three way;)
Or watching pr0n more to the point

cue the comments...

Seems strange no one has tried to pry one loose. Long term contracts maybe? For some reason Gws always seems to be the subject of raids and GC goes overlooked.

*I'm not familiar with the contact situations.

But the three can probably co-exist. It really depends on how Gold Coast want to use them all.

It could pretty easily work out as Dixon as the deep forward, Lynch as more the athletic forward who can lead higher up the field and Day the relief ruck who would play most of his minutes presumably forward.

Dixon as a Queenslander is someone where I don't think he really would necessarily have that much interest in leaving unless he wasn't getting a game.

Lynch is their franchise key forward and arguably after Ablett their second best player. So he is one a lot of clubs would love to have, but it would take him to request a trade back to Victoria as a Victorian for that to really happen as he would be no doubt a priority for GC to retain.

Then Day is a South Australian so that's probably more where he would look to move if anywhere, and probably for opportunity or family reasons that could plausibly come about.

Though I haven't really with any of them got the sense they want to move, with no real big rumours of interest in moving from any of them with GC a club where players get there, and seem pretty happy to stay.

What may in time change that key forward situation is their recent top draft pick in Peter Wright who was taken at 8 overall. Wright is capable both as a key forward and a ruckman, so once he develops, that might be more when someone of you could call it this four, could realistically become available.

Then similar story with their ruck situation. If say Peter Wright becomes that key forward who can relieve in the ruck, probably a Tom Nicholls or Zac Smith could become available for clubs looking for a ruckman. And Nicholls as the Victorian rather than Smith who is the Queenslander of the two probably is the one more likely to go.

So they'll be the rough storylines with those tall forwards/rucks to follow in Gold Coast's situation.

*I'm not familiar with the contact situations.

But the three can probably co-exist. It really depends on how Gold Coast want to use them all.

It could pretty easily work out as Dixon as the deep forward, Lynch as more the athletic forward who can lead higher up the field and Day the relief ruck who would play most of his minutes presumably forward.

Dixon as a Queenslander is someone where I don't think he really would necessarily have that much interest in leaving unless he wasn't getting a game.

Lynch is their franchise key forward and arguably after Ablett their second best player. So he is one a lot of clubs would love to have, but it would take him to request a trade back to Victoria as a Victorian for that to really happen as he would be no doubt a priority for GC to retain.

Then Day is a South Australian so that's probably more where he would look to move if anywhere, and probably for opportunity or family reasons that could plausibly come about.

Though I haven't really with any of them got the sense they want to move, with no real big rumours of interest in moving from any of them with GC a club where players get there, and seem pretty happy to stay.

What may in time change that key forward situation is their recent top draft pick in Peter Wright who was taken at 8 overall. Wright is capable both as a key forward and a ruckman, so once he develops, that might be more when someone of you could call it this four, could realistically become available.

Then similar story with their ruck situation. If say Peter Wright becomes that key forward who can relieve in the ruck, probably a Tom Nicholls or Zac Smith could become available for clubs looking for a ruckman. And Nicholls as the Victorian rather than Smith who is the Queenslander of the two probably is the one more likely to go.

So they'll be the rough storylines with those tall forwards/rucks to follow in Gold Coast's situation.
Hey KM we havent heard anything from this bloke sense draft day have we that everybody liked pre-draft a wile ago http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/player-profile/mason-shaw

Hey KM we havent heard anything from this bloke sense draft day have we that everybody liked pre-draft a wile ago http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/player-profile/mason-shaw

Speculative developing tall at this stage. Year 1 played a mix of reserves/league footy in SA. Year 2 played exclusively league footy. So he is progressing and he has gone from in season one just managing the 5 goals from 7 games as opposed to in season 2 where he managed a better 25 goals from 14 games.

Big forward obviously, can also push up the ground some. Still has a fair way to go. But this year will tell us more about him. It will give us a better indication of how quickly his development (ongoing) is going for him and based on that, those extra years of data will make it easier to project who he can be.

At this stage until he convinces me he hasn't. So he is more someone I'm aware of, without having such an interest that I'll look at his numbers from week to week or watch for him in those SANFL games I see him play this year. But being so early in his career and showing in his first two seasons improvement, you can't completely dismiss him at the same time.

Do we need another Midget?
Serious? Prestia is an absolute gun. I'd have him in our squad over pretty much anybody except Pendles, Sidebottom, Swan, Reid and Cloke.

Height is a great attribute but when you have the skill set he does and the ability to execute on game day you are already on the up.

Serious? Prestia is an absolute gun. I'd have him in our squad over pretty much anybody except Pendles, Sidebottom, Swan, Reid and Cloke.

Height is a great attribute but when you have the skill set he does and the ability to execute on game day you are already on the up.

Well then we need to get Rid of Blair and Dwyer

This analogy might make sense if AFL lists numbered one and contracts indefinite.

On Prestia and TD's idea of him being a midget. I don't see his height being so relevant to his play. He has his weaknesses - footskills/consistency of footskills even though he does have a 60m kick on him. But regarding his height, he more than makes up for it with his sheer strength that it just doesn't matter with him and in no way prevents him from being an effective/productive midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speculative developing tall at this stage. Year 1 played a mix of reserves/league footy in SA. Year 2 played exclusively league footy. So he is progressing and he has gone from in season one just managing the 5 goals from 7 games as opposed to in season 2 where he managed a better 25 goals from 14 games.

Big forward obviously, can also push up the ground some. Still has a fair way to go. But this year will tell us more about him. It will give us a better indication of how quickly his development (ongoing) is going for him and based on that, those extra years of data will make it easier to project who he can be.

At this stage until he convinces me he hasn't. So he is more someone I'm aware of, without having such an interest that I'll look at his numbers from week to week or watch for him in those SANFL games I see him play this year. But being so early in his career and showing in his first two seasons improvement, you can't completely dismiss him at the same time.

My mate is Masons manager.
I'll ask him how he is going and his contract status when I see him next.

Given this is the trade talk what are we willing to give up?

The only two players GWS would probably want are Witts and Reid, their midfield is stacked with both inside and outside players, small forward/midfielders are also good on after this years draft. Maybe Adam Oxley but he won't fetch us a Treloar, Shiel or WHE. Cox looks like he can't lose a hitout, if he picks the game up okay at VFL I wouldn't mind trading Witts.

To a Port or the Crows Broomhead, Kennedy and Scharenberg are most likely what those clubs are going to be into. Given their ruck stocks are fine Grundy wouldn't be that valuable. Port with Lobbe and Ryder and Adelaide with Jacobs being more of a solo ruck, can't seeing them spend big on a back up ruckman at best for them short/medium term. Can't see Grundy wanting to do that either.

West Coast and Fremantle, does anyone ever deal with them?

Brisbane, maybe a three way deal getting Aish to Adelaide. Considering how Brisbane upgraded their midfield (without going into too much detail) and how Gold Coast already had a strong a strong midfield and added Mitch Hallahan Josh Thomas would not have any value even if he wasn't suspended. Keeffe would have had value as classy key defenders are always useful. Considering Brisbane's unprofessional approach last year and the fact our chips are now probably gone we'll probably won't get a deal done here. Adam Oxley have some value to Brisbane but GC have a fair share of tall classy half back flankers.

The only two players GWS would probably want are Witts and Reid, their midfield is stacked with both inside and outside players, small forward/midfielders are also good on after this years draft. Maybe Adam Oxley but he won't fetch us a Treloar, Shiel or WHE. Cox looks like he can't lose a hitout, if he picks the game up okay at VFL I wouldn't mind trading Witts.

To a Port or the Crows Broomhead, Kennedy and Scharenberg are most likely what those clubs are going to be into. Given their ruck stocks are fine Grundy wouldn't be that valuable. Port with Lobbe and Ryder and Adelaide with Jacobs being more of a solo ruck, can't seeing them spend big on a back up ruckman at best for them short/medium term. Can't see Grundy wanting to do that either.

West Coast and Fremantle, does anyone ever deal with them?

Brisbane, maybe a three way deal getting Aish to Adelaide. Considering how Brisbane upgraded their midfield (without going into too much detail) and how Gold Coast already had a strong a strong midfield and added Mitch Hallahan Josh Thomas would not have any value even if he wasn't suspended. Keeffe would have had value as classy key defenders are always useful. Considering Brisbane's unprofessional approach last year and the fact our chips are now probably gone we'll probably won't get a deal done here. Adam Oxley have some value to Brisbane but GC have a fair share of tall classy half back flankers.
It's a pretty straight forward system:
1.Find a slightly disgruntled gun player
2.Get in his head early using an emotional tie and large sum of money to convince him that it would be in his best interests to leave his current club fostering a general hatred in the process.
3. Tell him to demand a trade to your club stating that he won't entertain any offers from other clubs.
4. Offer picks you don't require and a fringe player.
5. Tweet like a 12 year old douche bag.

Any picks that are required.

In terms of players any players not named: Pendlebury, Elliott, Sidebottom, Cloke, Grundy, Witts, Moore, De Goey, Reid, Broomhead, Scharenberg, Freeman and Swan.

Otherwise no others would be off limits, or no others should be off limits. Just some players you'd prefer not to trade/players who would be of more value to us than the next team.

In terms of players any players not named: Pendlebury, Elliott, Sidebottom, Cloke, Grundy, Witts, Moore, De Goey, Reid, Broomhead, Scharenberg, Freeman and Swan.

Otherwise no others would be off limits, or no others should be off limits. Just some players you'd prefer not to trade/players who would be of more value to us than the next team.

I assume that's due to the fact we'll never be able to get full value for him?

It's a pretty sad list when only 4 players out of 44 are in that age sweet spot (23-28) and untouchable...

IF we get a Top 5 Pick. It would be fort someone who is a Elite Prospect/Talent.

No One would want Swan. As he be too old

No One would want Swan. As he be too old

Even if there was interest he's not going to leave.

Swan said it himself he can't be bothered to leave. It would be the ultimate disrespect to a club champion by trading him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back