News Collingwood VFLW 2018 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
http://vfl.com.au/wp-content/upload...-Swisse-Wellness-VFL-Womens-Fixture-FINAL.pdf

2018 VFL WOMEN’S FIXTURE RELEASE
The 2018 fixture has now been released for AFL Victoria’s Swisse Wellness VFL Women’s competition.

The revamped competition will see Darebin Falcons, Geelong Cats and Melbourne Uni joined by Casey Demons, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn (formerly Box Hill Hawks), NT Thunder, Richmond, Southern Saints (St Kilda/Frankston), Western Bulldogs (VU Western Spurs) and Williamstown in 2018.

In its third year, the competition will start on the weekend of May 5 and 6, featuring 13 teams across a 16-round season. Each club will have two byes, plus a competition-wide bye on the Queen’s Birthday weekend.

With the addition of NT Thunder, six clubs will make the journey to either Darwin or Alice Springs to meet the first-ever interstate VFL Women’s team. Essendon will be the first club to head interstate (Round 3), followed by Western Bulldogs (Round 5), Collingwood (Round 8), Geelong (Round 9), Casey Demons (Round 12) and Hawthorn (Round 15).

The opening round will see reigning premier Darebin welcome NT Thunder to VFL Women’s, while Southern Saints will host Carlton (in Frankston), Collingwood will meet Williamstown in Oakleigh as part of a TAC Cup Girls double-header, Western Bulldogs play Richmond and Essendon will face Hawthorn – all Saturday games. The round will be completed on the Sunday with Geelong meeting Melbourne Uni.

Casey Demons will have to wait till Round 2 to start their first VFL Women’s campaign, with former Melbourne player Colin Garland to coach the Demons against Hawthorn. Garland is one of a number of new coaches, joining Scott Gowans at Melbourne Uni, Brendan Major moves to Essendon, Penny Cula-Reid will lead Collingwood and Amy Catterall joins Williamstown.

Fans will be able to experience a double dose of VFL action regularly in 2018, with 35 double-header games planned across the season, featuring Peter Jackson VFL and VFL Women’s matches.

There will be plenty of talent on show in the VFL Women’s competition in 2018, with 109 VFL Women’s players from 2017 currently on AFLW lists.

A three-week finals series will begin on the weekend of September 8 / 9 before the Grand Final on the weekend of September 22 / 23.

CLICK HERE for the full fixture

RD 1
SATURDAY, MAY 5, COLLINGWOOD vs WILLIAMSTOWN (WP) 2.30PM (which is Warrawee Park - Oakleigh)

RD 2
SUNDAY, MAY 13, COLLINGWOOD vs GEELONG CATS (OPO) 4.45PM

RD 3
SUNDAY, MAY 20, COLLINGWOOD vs RICHMOND (OPO) 2.00PM

RD 4
SATURDAY, MAY 26, WESTERN BULLDOGS vs COLLINGWOOD (VUWO) 2.00PM*

RD 5
SATURDAY, JUNE 2, HAWTHORN vs COLLINGWOOD (BHCO) 11.30AM*

RD 6
BYE

RD 7
SUNDAY, JUNE 24, COLLINGWOOD vs CARLTON (OPO) 4.45PM

RD 8
SATURDAY, JUNE 30, NT THUNDER vs COLLINGWOOD (TIO)

RD 9
SUNDAY, JULY 8, COLLINGWOOD vs DAREBIN FALCONS (VP) 1.00PM (Our one and only Victoria Park match)

RD 10
BYE

RD 11
SUNDAY JULY 22, CARLTON vs COLLINGWOOD (PCO) 12.00PM

RD 12
SUNDAY, JULY 29, MELBOURNE UNI vs COLLINGWOOD (AAO) 10.00AM*

RD 13
SUNDAY, AUGUST 5, ESSENDON vs COLLINGWOOD (RAMS) 1.00PM

RD 14
SATURDAY, AUGUST 11, COLLINGWOOD vs NT THUNDER (VENUE TBC) 4.30PM

RD 15
DATE TBC, COLLINGWOOD vs SOUTHERN SAINTS (MRR) TIME TBC (Morwell)

RD 16
SATURDAY, AUGUST 25, CASEY DEMONS vs COLLINGWOOD (CF) 7.00PM*

(* DOUBLE-HEADER WITH PETER JACKSON VFL MATCH)

Things that stand out to me.

Round 2. The VFL team plays at 11:30 at Olympic Park/MCG. The AFL team is playing at the G at 3:20 against Geelong. The VFLW team kicks off at Olympic Park at 4:45

Round 4. A VFL double header. The VFL team plays at Whitten Oval at 11AM. The VFLW team follows at 2PM.

Round 7. The VFL team plays at 11:30 at Olympic Park/MCG. The AFL team is playing at the G at 3:20 against Carlton. The VFLW team kicks off at Olympic Park at 4:45

Round 9. The VFLW team plays at Victoria Park at 1:00. The AFL team kicks off at the G at 3:20 (our away game)

Round 12. A double header. The VFLW team plays at Avalon Airport Oval at 10AM. The VFL team follows at 1PM

Round 13. A clash with the VFL team.

Round 2. The VFL team plays at 11:30 at Olympic Park/MCG. The AFL team is playing at the G at 3:20 against Geelong. The VFLW team kicks off at Olympic Park at 4:45

Be a Tiny Crowd at Start but Might get some Fans stopping there after the Cats Game

Round 4. A VFL double header. The VFL team plays at Whitten Oval at 11AM. The VFLW team follows at 2PM.

Like These Double Headers

Things that stand out to me.

Round 7. The VFL team plays at 11:30 at Olympic Park/MCG. The AFL team is playing at the G at 3:20 against Carlton. The VFLW team kicks off at Olympic Park at 4:45

Round 9. The VFLW team plays at Victoria Park at 1:00. The AFL team kicks off at the G at 3:20 (our away game)

Round 12. A double header. The VFLW team plays at Avalon Airport Oval at 10AM. The VFL team follows at 1PM

Round 13. A clash with the VFL team.
Add to that round 14:

SATURDAY, AUGUST 11, COLLINGWOOD vs NT THUNDER (VENUE TBC) 4.30PM

The AFL team hosts BL at Etihad that night, like the VFL fixture (NM, WB) my sense is the VFL are still trying to schedule Etihad double headers.

RD 9
SUNDAY, JULY 8, COLLINGWOOD vs DAREBIN FALCONS (VP) 1.00PM (Our one and only Victoria Park match)

An historic occasion? The first ever time a women’s team, in black and white, plays at Vic Park? Can’t wait.

Fixture changes.

Disappointingly given the historic aspect (first CFC women’s match at our traditional home) r9 now clashes with an away AFL game at the G (3.20 start). Pleasingly we’ve picked up another VicPark game in r14, a 4.30pm start that works in well with our home game against Brisbane that night. R15 clashes with our home game (1.45pm) against PA at the G.

• Round 9: Collingwood vs Darebin Falcons time changed from 1.00PM to 2.30PM
  • Round 11 (22 Jul): Carlton vs Collingwood venue change from Preston City Oval to RAMS Arena, Craigieburn
  • Round 14 (11 Aug): Collingwood vs NT Thunder venue confirmed as Victoria Park – Abbotsford
  • Round 15 (18 Aug): Collingwood vs Southern Saints date confirmed as Saturday August 18 and time confirmed as 2.00PM

Why would Adelaide Players be Playing in the VFLW and not the SANFL Women's ?
My guess is that either the VFLW is considered a stronger comp or playing in the VFLW gives their players more exposure to AFLW players; possibly both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is that either the VFLW is considered a stronger comp or playing in the VFLW gives their players more exposure to AFLW players; possibly both.

+ to be an 18 to 30 something getting the opportunity to bounce between Darwin and Melbourne ... what a gig!

(Assuming NT Thunder will be Darwin based?)

is our Collingwood team predominantly the same ? Understanding Molloy played for Diamond Creek last year , where does she play for this year

is our Collingwood team predominantly the same ? Understanding Molloy played for Diamond Creek last year , where does she play for this year
I read a while back that we'd have around 20-23 of our AFLW squad on our VFLW list. Like last VFLW season AFLW players will be on managed game time and won't play every match meaning players will be rotated in and out.

There's been a massive restructure to the comp:
  • 8 new teams (Casey Demons, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, NT Thunder (incl. Adelaide), Richmond, Southern Saints (Frankston Dolphins/St Kilda AFL) & Williamstown)
  • 2 teams re-named (Box Hill -> Hawthorn, VU Western Spurs -> Western Bulldogs)
  • 1 new alignment (Melbourne Uni with North Melb)
  • 5 teams exiting (Cranbourne, Diamond Creek, Eastern Devils, Seaford & St Kilda Sharks)
  • only Darebin remain unchanged, although their team lineup will likely be significantly different

I read a while back that we'd have around 20-23 of our AFLW squad on our VFLW list. Like last VFLW season AFLW players will be on managed game time and won't play every match meaning players will be rotated in and out.

There's been a massive restructure to the comp:
  • 8 new teams (Casey Demons, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, NT Thunder (incl. Adelaide), Richmond, Southern Saints (Frankston Dolphins/St Kilda AFL) & Williamstown)
  • 2 teams re-named (Box Hill -> Hawthorn, VU Western Spurs -> Western Bulldogs)
  • 1 new alignment (Melbourne Uni with North Melb)
  • 5 teams exiting (Cranbourne, Diamond Creek, Eastern Devils, Seaford & St Kilda Sharks)
  • only Darebin remain unchanged, although their team lineup will likely be significantly different

Thanks for the info barrackers!! Hoping they are televising this. Assuming be the case ? I cant wait a whole year for another season without watching our girls run around

I'm starting to get excited about this. Fixture changes notwithstandting, I assume our first game is still:

SATURDAY, MAY 5, COLLINGWOOD vs WILLIAMSTOWN (WP) 2.30PM (which is Warrawee Park - Oakleigh)

Now I dont want to bash the club again, but I cant find a list of our VFLW players anywhere on our website, and nor the VFLW fixture. Really hoping this can be rectified - please club.:)

I'm starting to get excited about this. Fixture changes notwithstandting, I assume our first game is still:

Now I dont want to bash the club again, but I cant find a list of our VFLW players anywhere on our website, and nor the VFLW fixture. Really hoping this can be rectified - please club.:)

Keep the info coming when you do find out!

Tempted to drive from Bendigo to watch. Having AFLW withdrawals

There was no announcement of our men’s VFL squad for 2018 instead the list was quietly added to the site, but that might not be a reliable guide. I’d expect a list to pop up on either our site or the VFL one in the next week or two once practice games and squads are finalised.

On practice games we drew our first and seemingly only one.

http://vfl.com.au/2018-practice-match-schedule/

Bit sad the Coach has to Keep People Updated what is Happening and nothing from the Club

Have we even officially re-appointed our coach?

I remember post season it was up in the air, but I haven’t seen anything more about it?

Have we even officially re-appointed our coach?

I remember post season it was up in the air, but I haven’t seen anything more about it?

No but be a Shock Now IF we make a Change

Remove this Banner Ad

Back