Collingwood vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

It was poetic. The s**t was flying from all directions from those 4 idiotic spuds, most of it just happened to land on Essendon.

Let's not cheapen how awful that display of umpiring was by focusing on the fact that Essendon copped it far, far worse, if you have your black and white glass eye on, there was still plenty to be bemused and infuriated by.
Agreed they were terrible all day, none should get a finals gig

Meaningless dead rubber...so obviously essendon went hammer and tongs. Their marketing department breathed a sigh of relief. The supporter base is so delusional they will bombard the essendon board with top 4 expectations for 2016 and buy memberships in record numbers.

Whoever comes in to coach them will have to carry the burden of this famous win. Shame on you collingwood for trolling.
Much like Richmond's marketing department every year hey?
Should probably be worrying about your own team next week than two sides going on mad monday tomorrow

Much like Richmond's marketing department every year hey?
Should probably be worrying about your own team next week than two sides going on mad monday tomorrow
Ahem...we play North next week. Celebrating already :cool:

It was poetic. The s**t was flying from all directions from those 4 idiotic spuds, most of it just happened to land on Essendon.

Let's not cheapen how awful that display of umpiring was by focusing on the fact that Essendon copped it far, far worse, if you have your black and white glass eye on, there was still plenty to be bemused and infuriated by.
absolutely. Disgraceful all around.

I did have to laugh though, because the only other time I've ever seen a player get a free for his own team-mate hitting him high was against us, when playing the Swans!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems like the only people saying this have Essendon under their name, however.
Are you serial? Pies got a massive ride all day. Crappy frees and 50s left right and centre while different set of rules the other way. Seems like Collingwood players can drop the ball in a tackle.

Essendon won contested and uncontested possession, clearances and tackles. That indicates they were first at the ball all day, which also normally translates to leading free kick count. Pies won that by 20-29. You got a ride.

Lol you could argue the Pendlebury one but the Kennedy one was an absolute disgrace. Hemmed up against the line and the kick missed his teammate by half a metre.

Established - you have no idea.

So how would you explain the Hooker mark that wasn't paid? Both teams had there chances, the better team won on the day.

They guessed down the other end as well when Hooker clearly marked it dead in front 30 out. It swings both ways.

No doubt, the umpiring standard has dropped again this year, something needs to be done.

As a neutral with nothing on the game i was frustrated with how the game was umpired. Would have been pulling my hair out if my side was playing.

Why complain? If Pies got the result they wanted?

Last edited:
So how would you explain the Hooker mark that wasn't paid? Both teams had there chances, the better team won on the day.
Yes on replay that was clearly a mark, I don't think anybody would blame the umpire though as it was one of those ones that deflected upwards off his arms from close to the ground.

Umpiring was very average all day I thought, both ways - and has been in most games lately. We certainly did get some poor ones too.

And Hooker took a leimate chest mark 30m out that wasnt paid. Collingwood had the best of the decisions today

Pies seem annoyed by that as well as Danihers miss, Edwards miss.

Boy they could have been relieved Hocking slotted it.

So would of those laying at 1.3 but then again they would have traded out well before

Last edited:
So Essendon had nothing to lose for and the Piesdid?

Pick 4 will do more good for Essendon. Seeing as though the Pies are trading their first, a win or loss was largely irrelevant to them although I expected Collingwood to win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back