Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought besides the *centric commentary at times (so brave), that Cometti and McAveny were pretty good, had a lot of positive stuff to say about us, knew about our injuries and poured on praise when required, particularly on Tarrant, Jacobs, Petrie, Swallow and Hansen.

Anyone see Benny Gales tweet that they put up on ch 7 ? a very thinly veiled crack at Lindsay Thomas getting high contact frees, clean up your own backyard floggo

You would think the Campaigner would have enough to think about than to waste time thinking about LT - GAGF

We had seats behind the goals next to the Cheer Squad so had an excellent view of the play up that end. Have watched the replay of the game I can't believe the biased commentary re Essendon's treatment by the Umps. Two examples: Petrie was clearly infringed attempting to mark in the first quarter, rebound, Essendon goal. No mention of it by the TV callers. Also McKernan kept attaching himself to Goldie, both arms around Goldstein's waist to stop him contesting in the ruck. Ignored.

It is an eye opener to see how many Essendon supporters in the media and their take on that Club. I know Carey was commentating but he seems to bend over backwards to show no favouritism.

I thought besides the *centric commentary at times (so brave), that Cometti and McAveny were pretty good, had a lot of positive stuff to say about us, knew about our injuries and poured on praise when required, particularly on Tarrant, Jacobs, Petrie, Swallow and Hansen.
Maybe, except I got really annoyed when Cometti said Waite should get 2 to 3 weeks for his late spoil. Seriously, does he know what Hodge, Yarren and Lewis got 2 and 3 weeks for?

Carey was the worst of the lot last night. Absolute dribble at best. I had to laugh when they were debating the free to Waite when Baguley just took him out....surely he can contest for the ball? was Carey's comment. Yes he can contest but he also has to contest in a manner other than flying into a player without realistically attempting to spoil. His spoil was nowhere near the ball and all he was trying to do was take the players body out illegally.

Maybe, except I got really annoyed when Cometti said Waite should get 2 to 3 weeks for his late spoil. Seriously, does he know what Hodge, Yarren and Lewis got 2 and 3 weeks for?
Well Commetti said that Essendon was a genuine premiership threat after they knocked off the Hawks. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's Firrito and Scotty Thompson

R202014FirritoUmpire.gif

Carey was the worst of the lot last night. Absolute dribble at best. I had to laugh when they were debating the free to Waite when Baguley just took him out....surely he can contest for the ball? was Carey's comment. Yes he can contest but he also has to contest in a manner other than flying into a player without realistically attempting to spoil. His spoil was nowhere near the ball and all he was trying to do was take the players body out illegally.
i will say this though, at least duck comments on things that have actually happened, and doesn't try to predict sh't like bruce. Some of the tripe he was vomiting, seriously pathetic, i'm pretty sure he actually thinks he can have an influence on the game. To think i actually liked him as a commentator at one point in time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back