Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

I have absolutely no doubt that he would.

A premier league title is the pinnacle for an English football club, even if the CL technically sits above it.

Taking Liverpool to a league title for the first time in the Premier League era would have left him with a much greater legacy though.

You assholes would be unbearable about it.

That's not a bad idea at all.

Obviously the Champions League is a little way down the track. We'll need FIRA and the new potential league style competitions to be running and close to completion before we really start getting into how it would run. Restricting it to one entry per person is a pretty good idea though.

In the mean time, let's try to get these league style comps up and running.
Do you think people should be able to update their templates in the CL?

Do you think people should be able to update their templates in the CL?
Yeah i'd definitely support this. Same club and colours but being able to update template and design. Especially given that some competitions might have ended 6-9 months before the Champions League starts

Gerrard owes most of his legacy to that CL campaign though. His detractors would still be like 'lol but giggs has like 500 more league titles than slippy G XD'
Well he won this years Faloon D'floor so that's an achievement.

Okay.

We're basically playing the long game here.

I'll be running FIRA as i've set out to for this season.

If craegus starts his North American league (kicking it off in say, June to stagger things nicely between FIRA/NAFL), i'll reduce FIRA to Europe only for next season.

If both of those things happen and all is well, we'll look at a Champions League setup starting at the conclusion of the 2016 FIRA season, so roughly September 2016.

Or so.

Alternatively, we could do one at the end of the North American League season and have that as the "4th" competition, with the calendar looking something like this:

tB2gKpA.png

This would mean we'd be looking at a Champions League a lot sooner, say by the end of 2015, but FIRA wouldn't be confined to Europe so you might have the Kakadu Crocs and the Pittsburgh Yellowjackets etc representing FIRA for the first year, with FIRA obviously reverting to Europe only the following year.

But it would work.

The Champions League would only have to be a knockout comp really. I'd suggest we'd initially look at 4 teams from each competition, divided into pools of 3 for the initial round of the CL, with 2 teams advancing, and straight 1 on 1 knockout from there on until we have a champion.

We could even petition for a badge for that champion.

Thoughts? craegus ideally you'd need matches starting in June, so you'd probably want teams set by early April at the latest. E92_ you've already brought this sort of thing up in a PM so i'm guessing you'd be in as well.

Yeah that sounds fine, just note that with all going well that should the North American league go ahead (1 more like as I am typing this) and should all new voting rounds go up on time, then the comp will run for no longer than about 9 weeks (3 days per voting cycle over 21 voting rounds) rather than the scheduled 6 months. Plus I may reduce the time for entries to be submitted as I am not a fan of the massive gap between bidding and submitting (I get people are busy but if OTW competitions are possible then it shouldn't take months to create a 3 guernsey set with logo).

I'm excited by this prospect of a Champions League. I'd also like to propose the idea of one of the competitions pioneering a format where cities/locations are set as locations for teams, and posters have to post bids to claim that city, and operate a team from said city.

I may take this on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that sounds fine, just note that with all going well that should the North American league go ahead (1 more like as I am typing this)

There's your last like.

You owe me.

So the North American competition is a go.

So welcome to the competition family the....

Can-AmLogo2000_zps3f047e7a.png

I will try the suggestion of having a set list of locations where people will have to bid to get that location rather than just letting them pick a location of their choice. I'm thinking of listing between the minimum 32 and 40 cities so that there is a choice.

Please feel free to make other suggestions for possible changes here and they can be discussed.

The bidding thread will be posted in the coming days.

So the North American competition is a go.

So welcome to the competition family the....

Can-AmLogo2000_zps3f047e7a.png

I will try the suggestion of having a set list of locations where people will have to bid to get that location rather than just letting them pick a location of their choice. I'm thinking of listing between the minimum 32 and 40 cities so that there is a choice.

Please feel free to make other suggestions for possible changes here and they can be discussed.

The bidding thread will be posted in the coming days.
I was thinking, if you dont mind, that we incorporate that Helix symbol into all long competitions logos as a way of tying them all together. If people would like (and going by the 10 likes rule) we can make that into a FJGD Board logo

I was thinking, if you dont mind, that we incorporate that Helix symbol into all long competitions logos as a way of tying them all together. If people would like (and going by the 10 likes rule) we can make that into a FJGD Board logo

Well it isn't officially my design (thanks google!!!), but I wouldn't mind seeing a similar helix logo used as my idea behind it was that the competition was created using the DNA (i.e. a collaboration of the members) of this board.

Well it isn't officially my design (thanks google!!!), but I wouldn't mind seeing a similar helix logo used as my idea behind it was that the competition was created using the DNA (i.e. a collaboration of the members) of this board.
Well I think we should make a collaborative effort as a board to create an overall logo, using the site colours of red, yellow and black of course

Remove this Banner Ad

Back