Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

SBL Logo.jpg WABL Logo.jpg Jarr Flames.jpg Coop 1.jpg Flames Black.jpg Flames White.jpg

Hey Guys,

Long Time Listener / First Time 'Caller' :)

Can I just say first of all I am amazed at some of the Graphic Design talent on this website. Some of the jumpers etc designed have been nothing short of superb and is one of the main reasons I have decided to do this post on here.

I am one of the Directors for a State League Basketball Club over here in WA, and we are in the process of changing our apparel supplier for 2016 & Beyond. With this in mind, we are wanting to use some of the amazing skills on this forum to assist us in creating our new range of apparel (Playing Uniforms, Warm Up Tops, Polo Shirts, Tracksuits) and for what we decide are the best designs overall (Encompassing all five of the sections) we will happily offer a cash prize of $250 to the winner. I have attached our Logo, as well as some examples of our current apparel which we would love to see 'modernised'. Uniforms wise we need a Black and White set with the attached State Bball League / 'SBL' logo as well as the club logo encompassed somewhere in the design. We also need a black set for our 'Junior Rep Teams' which is to be similar to the Black SBL Design but slightly different and with the attached WABL logo in place of the SBL Logo.

Aside from that, and a request for a design similar in style to the BBL Brisbane Heat 'Pants' with the Flames for a tracksuit pants option, we hopefully will generate the necessary 'likes' to warrant a competition being held. Thanks for your support in advance!!

***I won’t start asking for bids for this until the Can-Am comp is underway, at the very earliest***

The missing piece from these new league competitions is South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. By the time this competition gets underway, I’m sure we’ll all be a bit drained from long league type competitions. So I’m going to do this one a little differently, and have it in a cup format, not too dissimilar to the FIFA World Cup.

The Copa América is an event held across the Americas, bringing together teams from South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. Unlike the other international competitions, Copa América has only one division; all teams are playing on the same field (more on that later). Competing teams are split into groups (roughly 4-6 teams per group, depending on numbers), with each team playing the other teams in their group twice (or once, depending on numbers). The best performing teams from each group then qualify for the finals, the nature of which will, again, depend on numbers.

The idea of having all teams competing against each other, rather than divided, isn’t to exploit or belittle less experienced designers, but rather to encourage them to step up their game to compete against the big shots. This will be a fairly quick fire competition, I’m expecting the group stage to last around 6 rounds at most, so it’s not like new guys will have to go through months and months of massive losses. And, who knows, maybe there’ll be some surprises.

Edit: There'll be no official seeding to decide on groups, but I will be using previous competition results, experience, and general goodness of posters to decide who goes where, to get the most even competition possible.

Competing teams will need home and clash jumpers, shorts and socks, as well as a logo. The logo won’t be voted on, so don’t stress if that isn’t your strong suit, but I’d like to have one for each team to make graphics and that.

Again, I won’t get started on this for quite some time, but had the idea so thought I’d chuck it up before I forget.

Last edited:
***I won’t start asking for bids for this until the Can-Am comp is underway, at the very earliest***

The missing piece from these new league competitions is South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. By the time this competition gets underway, I’m sure we’ll all be a bit drained from long league type competitions. So I’m going to do this one a little differently, and have it in a cup format, not too dissimilar to the FIFA World Cup.

The Copa América is an event held across the Americas, bringing together teams from South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. Unlike the other international competitions, Copa América has only one division; all teams are playing on the same field (more on that later). Competing teams are split into groups (roughly 4-6 teams per group, depending on numbers), with each team playing the other teams in their group twice (or once, depending on numbers). The best performing teams from each group then qualify for the finals, the nature of which will, again, depend on numbers.

The idea of having all teams competing against each other, rather than divided, isn’t to exploit or belittle less experienced designers, but rather to encourage them to step up their game to compete against the big shots. This will be a fairly quick fire competition, I’m expecting the group stage to last around 6 rounds at most, so it’s not like new guys will have to go through months and months of massive losses. And, who knows, maybe there’ll be some surprises.

Edit: There'll be no official seeding to decide on groups, but I will be using previous competition results, experience, and general goodness of posters to decide who goes where, to get the most even competition possible.

Competing teams will need home and clash jumpers, shorts and socks, as well as a logo. The logo won’t be voted on, so don’t stress if that isn’t your strong suit, but I’d like to have one for each team to make graphics and that.

Again, I won’t get started on this for quite some time, but had the idea so thought I’d chuck it up before I forget.
Trinidad and Tobago are in!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Australian Rules Football Association (Name is still a WIP) is looking to have its first season! In this competition 16-18 locations will be selected and designers will create what they think would be the best team for each location on a regular basis. At the end of the season all the winners from the previous 16-18 weeks will be put in a free for all poll and the teams with the most votes will go on to the finals stage.

The Australian Rules Football Association (Name is still a WIP) is looking to have its first season! In this competition 16-18 locations will be selected and designers will create what they think would be the best team for each location on a regular basis. At the end of the season all the winners from the previous 16-18 weeks will be put in a free for all poll and the teams with the most votes will go on to the finals stage.
Isn't that essentially Locality of the Week?

so an international cup?

will the team name be up to us or would it be pre-determined to be, say, the miami heat, no matter what?
Just in Australia

I'm thinking of just letting people use whatever name they want, as long as they say how it's relevant to the particular location. Or, it could be voted ahead of time what nickname would be used for the location, but I feel that if I do that it'd be too similar to AFL Rebooted

I sorta wanna limit the amount of comps going on otherwise I think there could be a bit of burnout amongst the board

Happy for all the pieces of the puzzle that make up the Champions League to go ahead, but maybe only one or two 'weekly' comps apart from that (which require new designs each week, other than a league-style format). Otherwise it becomes too busy and also intimidating for outside members

Thoughts on a competition for designing new logos/labels for companies and ranges of products.

I reckon we could all have a bit of fun designing new logos and stuff like that for sports companies, beer labels, food packaging etc.

A bit left field but I think varying the types of thing you design can only help budding designers diversify and learn new skill sets on PS, AI, Paint or whatever program they are using.

Peace

Thoughts on a competition for designing new logos/labels for companies and ranges of products.

I reckon we could all have a bit of fun designing new logos and stuff like that for sports companies, beer labels, food packaging etc.

A bit left field but I think varying the types of thing you design can only help budding designers diversify and learn new skill sets on PS, AI, Paint or whatever program they are using.

Peace
I remember one called Non-sports logoOTW, I ran it for a few weeks then forgot about it.
We could bump that if there's interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back