Toast Congrats to FFC. Top spot is ours!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the commentators mentioned today that we were the first team since Essendon 99 to be on top of the ladder for 19 weeks in a row? I don't know if that sounds right though?

Either way, very proud of the club for this achievement today.

That's correct first team to be top spot for 19 weeks.

Congratulations!! Well deserved. Been top 2 all season, what an achievement!

I find the lack of respect for Freo over the past 3 months absolutely staggering. FWIW, I cannot see you blokes missing the GF. And from there, you are always a shot.

One week at a time buddy your blokes are going to be tough.

Congratulations!! Well deserved. Been top 2 all season, what an achievement!

I find the lack of respect for Freo over the past 3 months absolutely staggering. FWIW, I cannot see you blokes missing the GF. And from there, you are always a shot.

I think your boys will be tougher than a lot think.. See you in a fortnight.

Good win today to wrap up the minor premiership.

Sydney over here in week one is definitely the preferred option. A win and a week off is always a big boost, but even more so this year with some very good teams in the bottom half of the 8. You wouldn't want to run into Richmond or the crows in the second week of the finals in a sudden death game. Two very good teams capable of beating anyone on their day.

Still, first things first and that's Sydney. Never forget their effort to knock off the crows in Adelaide in week 1 of the finals in 2012 when no one gave them a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy today. It's more symbolic than substance I suppose, but minor-premierships aren't just handed over either. It's a great feeling to have been top of the ladder most of the year and to finish there.

Well done to all players, coaching staff, supporters, the whole lot.

As happy as I am, I don't want this to be a consolation prize. Let's throw everything at this boys - bring home the big one!!

Yay! Mixed feelings about this as I woud not have been concerned in the slightest had we dropped to second. A good recognition for the boys for all their hard work. I want another crack at the GF or the season will be a disappointment.

I'm in the camp that believes that we can turn our form around quickly and a lot of our issues are to do with effort. This will double during finals and things will get back to how they were earlier in the season.

I feel players like Barlow, Mundy and Fyfe have been cruising to the finals as the do a large percentage of the grunt work. Finals reverts back to a more one on one style game and we will shine.

Trying to convince myself a little bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back