Toast Congratulations Matt Priddis - 2014 Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

2iar988.jpg

well done

did not watch the presentation
this one have to catch the end.
a surprise but not a surprise, told he could be a winner very early in the season
refreshing to see someone who wins it by playing football than trying to be a show pony.

Great performance from Priddis, thoroughly deserved and couldn't ask for a better individual. Non-establishment and doesn't desire to be.

I've spammed the other threads with why I feel he was a worthy winner, but I think the best part about his year was that he was actually damaging. Simpson has used him well and to his strengths, he's always had a tremendous work ethic and uncanny ability to find the ball and his distribution from the middle has been exceptional this year.

******* love Simmo, such a measured intellect, who has integrated himself into the team whilst paying due to his predecessor.

So happy for him, a champion bloke and player.

Let's hope the rest of the midfield steps up and understand what it takes to give 100% and the reward that can come with effort.

Shuey, Gaff and co. Have the talent, do they have the desire?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some simple advice to those who struggle to understand basic English =

1- This thread is called 'CONGRATULATIONS Matt Priddis -2014 Brownlow medallist"
2- Theres other treads debating his ability, value to team, weaknesses etc...
3- If you don't like the guy see #2 above

So stoked for Pridda and the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WCE 2015- the foundations are laid, Simmo and the builders are moving in!!

some times the honest battler wins one over the superstars. Onya Priddis for a surprisingly Feel good moment.

Could also be a Geelong supporter. They don't seem impressed over at their thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2014-brownlow-medal.1077642/

hahahahah oh god this thread is hilarious. I think we honestly need a thread dedicated to the hilarity that is people thinking the AFL doctored the last round. Even after the AFL was crushingly vindicated in Federal Court, people still want to believe that it is the antichrist.

Selwood has had much better years in the past, if he had won he would have been just as big of a Bradbury..... if one considers Priddis to be a Bradbury.

congrats Priddis. Listening to the way he spoke when he accepted the award was quite humbling.

I expect him to cop a lot more attention next year, and hopefully Shuey and Gaff can get off the chain and run amok.

I think this will be a real lift for the team getting a little win like that. Seeing one of your best mates being rewarded for effort.

I'm excited to see what this does for the team, I feel there'll be greater morale through pre season and a belief within the midfield.

Spoke so well on Talking Footy afterwards and very humble when on stage, knows exactly where he stands among his peers, but clearly very happy to win.

I think it's great for Simmo as well, will give him a world of confidence knowing his coaching habits were able to produce a Brownlow medalist.

Whether you want to declare him the best player or not, he was the most deserving in the sense that he was ahead of every other player as judged by the Brownlow's parameters.

The AFLCA has different parameters, as does the MVP, as does the Eagles B&F, and so on. All could spit out very different results and the credibility of such awards are subjective.

Fyfe won the MVP and came 2nd in the Brownlow. Does that mean Robbie Gray's AFLCA award is a joke? Who is the best player out of those two? It's rather conflicting isn't it? Or perhaps you're just being pedantic.

By 'brownlow parameters' you mean all the other players who were suspended, injured or rested?

Matt Priddis having another medal doesn't in any way affect the on field performance of the West Coast Eagles.
So who gives a s**t?

It's an accolade, for both him and in a way his teammates, to enjoy in what was an up and down season. It's a small piece of joy in what was an up and down but ultimately dissapointing season.
Have a lollipop to feel better.

Personal opinions about Priddis shouldn't matter right now, people who wish to congratulate him can do so and people who wish to challenge that he was the best player in the comp (which he obviously wasn't for mine) can also do so.
I have no personal opinion of Priddis. I'm sure he's a nice bloke. Good luck to him. That doesn't mean I'm giddy with excitement over him being named the arbitrary winner of an award that, frankly, seem less relevant than ever after him winning it.

Doesn't mean we can't be happy for the guy.
Doesn't mean we can't also acknowledge that his win is absolutely bloody pointless.

I guess what I'm getting at here is it seems as though you're unhappy Priddis won the medal, or at the least confused that posters on here are happy he won the medal. What's the harm in having a bit of joy in a shitty season, this affects nothing going forward so let's just enjoy it
See above. You are acting like it matters when it doesn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back