Toast Congratulations Travis Boak - 350 games

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know that I've not had the same admiration for Trav as most, I think he's lacked that je na sais quio that puts him at the elite champion level. I'd take Hawkins a zillion times over him, no question. Tuck on the other hand, good consistent player in a consistently excellent team. If Boak played in that Hawthorn side, he'd be considered a slightly over rated champion too.

Travis Boak 351 AFL games + 20 night series / preseason games.

The last night series / preseason premiership was 2013 Brisbane beat Carlton. The 2017 preseason games were the last lot counted by the AFL for the 200 Club purposes and therefore in their AFL Record Season Guide totals.

So some trial games that have nothing to do with winning a night series / preseason cup get included in AFL players totals between 2014 and 2017 seasons inclusive

Russell Ebert played 392 games for PAFC, some places record it as 391 games, and that included SANFL premiership season games + SANFL night series cup / preseason cup games + national night series cup / preseason cup games run by the ANFC / NFL.

So for a proper Apples vs Apples comparison Boaky is about 26 games from Herb's record.

Edit:
At end of 2013 season Boak had played in 12 night series cup / preseason cup games.

So after Rd 3 Melbourne game which was 351st the proper comparison is;

351 + 12 = 363 v Russel Ebert's 392.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back