Contender for worst umpiring decision of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Stevie J earning a free kick for grabbing Sutcliffe around the neck and then throwing himself to the ground was another beauty.

Buddy's push was a horrible non decision.

McGlynn got a 50 for god knows what a few minutes later. He was 40m out and wasn't kicking well, and then brought him in to the goalsquare. That was a horrible decision too. If that was 50, then there would be a 50 paid for every mark paid.

McGlynn got a 50 for god knows what a few minutes later. He was 40m out and wasn't kicking well, and then brought him in to the goalsquare. That was a horrible decision too. If that was 50, then there would be a 50 paid for every mark paid.
Thank you , at last someone complaining besides me, about that absolute outrageous umpiring decision. It was like Port were subconsciously told your days over boys heres a goal for Sydney. It puts people off. Buddys push for whoever cares was a push in the back clear , he should not have had the shot for goal. You see stupid freesand fiftys and other stuff simply not paid, well that cost Port 2 goals. Umpires shouldn't be doing the scoring, and there are three of the mongrels and they "miss" something blatant, crap , I was 1500 miles away and saw it. So diod the caller who was 200 metres away. Undeniable.

Thank you , at last someone complaining besides me, about that absolute outrageous umpiring decision. It was like Port were subconsciously told your days over boys heres a goal for Sydney. It puts people off. Buddys push for whoever cares was a push in the back clear , he should not have had the shot for goal. You see stupid frees and fiftys and other stuff simply not paid, well that cost Port 2 goals. Umpires shouldn't be doing the scoring, and there are three of the mongrels and they "miss" something blatant, crap , I was 1500 miles away and saw it. So did the caller who was 200 metres away. Undeniable.

If a player is tackled and loses control of the ball it's play on.

If a player is tackled and loses control of the ball by dropping the ball it can be holding the ball or incorrect disposal.

Conclusion: Knocked out of the tackle is a stupid rule.
There are too many stupid rules, that's why it has to be changed , if the AFL don't , the game will get worse. We've already seen scores and game changes from idiotic decisions. Because the umps have to be Queens councils to understand the complication, when its a simple game.

If a player is tackled and loses control of the ball it's play on.

If a player is tackled and loses control of the ball by dropping the ball it can be holding the ball or incorrect disposal.

Conclusion: Knocked out of the tackle is a stupid rule.

The rule is "holding the ball".... So you want a player penalised for "holding" it when he tries to not hold it?

Note: This is all without prior.

Thank you , at last someone complaining besides me, about that absolute outrageous umpiring decision. It was like Port were subconsciously told your days over boys heres a goal for Sydney. It puts people off. Buddys push for whoever cares was a push in the back clear , he should not have had the shot for goal. You see stupid freesand fiftys and other stuff simply not paid, well that cost Port 2 goals. Umpires shouldn't be doing the scoring, and there are three of the mongrels and they "miss" something blatant, crap , I was 1500 miles away and saw it. So diod the caller who was 200 metres away. Undeniable.

Yeah, the Buddy non-free was perhaps one of the most obvious free kicks I haven't seen paid in a long, long time. Everyone down at the Alexandria Hotel watching it knew it should've been called and had a good laugh when the replays kept coming up. Hell, even Buddy knew - his look back at the umpire was guiltier than a 3-year-old being caught stealing chocolate from the pantry.

And the McGlynn 50 was pretty soft, too. I guess you could argue that it was there as he did get a little push in the back after the marking contest, but he obviously exaggerated it and the umpire fell for it. And with his kicking on Saturday night, he wasn't a lock to get it without the 50m penalty putting him on the goal line.

Geelong getting a 50m penalty for an interchange infringement after Stevie J DRAGGED Crowley into the Geelong interchange area.....absolutely ******* farcial....emergency umpire should've been sacked for that crap but wasn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few years ago two Sydney players tackled each other resulting in a free kick paid against Essendon. Never seen anything more ridiculous in my life.

Can't remember who the opponent was, but there was a free kick paid to Sydney this year, then the advantage was called - to the other side.

Selwood is a great player, great leader who gut runs hard, stands up when needed but he is not courageous.... Why, because when he sees contact coming he ducks, not like voss, Richuto, Harvey etc used to, they saw a tackle coming and stood up, lifted their arms, Took the hit, and then dished out and handball,to a team mate to keep the play going.
Our games has changed to much now as players will duck because you get a free kick for it

A few years ago two Sydney players tackled each other resulting in a free kick paid against Essendon. Never seen anything more ridiculous in my life.
That tactic was the way Sydney learnt to play that very close quarters , rugby style lock down. They used to get caught up in close packs and one Sydney player would handball to his own team mate a foot away then tackle him. If you have 6 or 8 players in a pack its a nifty but dirty little tactic , they perfected it. Confused the hell out of umpires.

That tactic was the way Sydney learnt to play that very close quarters , rugby style lock down. They used to get caught up in close packs and one Sydney player would handball to his own team mate a foot away then tackle him. If you have 6 or 8 players in a pack its a nifty but dirty little tactic , they perfected it. Confused the hell out of umpires.

Except in this case it was just two Swans players going for the ball. The closest Essendon player was a few metres away.

Geelong getting a 50m penalty for an interchange infringement after Stevie J DRAGGED Crowley into the Geelong interchange area.....absolutely ******* farcial....emergency umpire should've been sacked for that crap but wasn't.

Actually it was Selwood who did that.From memory Stevie J was the one coming off the ground,Selwood on.
Very clever by Selwood :D

That's the kind of free kick you can see from the back of the grandstand when you're only just half concentrating, yet not one umpire could see it? I don't believe that for one second. They pick and choose which frees they will pay, and which ones they won't. Then again, the umpire standing right there and could clearly see the push, was none other than Ray Chamberlain, a man who has butchered the rules for years including imaginary sirens in his head, so who knows?

I was at the game between the Crows and the Lions on the weekend and saw first hand the worst decision this year. Not sure if they showed it on tele, as I haven't watched the replay yet, but the decision to pay Jenkins a free kick (I think was the decision, rather than the mark) and then call advantage, and then give the all clear, and then to totally change your mind and call it back so Jenkins had to have a set shot, that has got to be one of the worst decisions of the year. The goal umpire was already in the motion of waving the flags to signify the goal, and the field umpire was shouting at him with his arms crossed above his head to indicate he had changed his decision. So much for umpires never changing their decisions. That was bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back