List Mgmt. Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FA is changing the length and quantity of player contracts. I suspect 3/4 is the new 1/2. It's forward thinking like this that will make the Buddy deal look so good in hindsight.

True, but even when his new contract is up he won't be eligible for FA. So either another club got involved or we locked him up long term on a small amount to help our salary cap going into the 2016/17 renewals which are important to the club

I agree with Vonn

But Rampes grow on trees, let him walk if he doesn't like 2 years

188-cm average kicks with heart who give a contest are a dime a dozen
100% correct. We have another 189cm left footed defender in the NEAFL who doesn't smoke and has more reliable kicking, just as one example.

hey no other club would talk to Rampe mid season now surely...

The criticism of Rampe is not called for. He is a terrific defender who is growing in confidence. He has a great left foot, which can break down AFL defences.

People are also critical of his moustache and hair. I can only assume that people who criticise his moustache and hair are envious because they can't have Sam Frost.

The criticism of Rampe is not called for. He is a terrific defender who is growing in confidence. He has a great left foot, which can break down AFL defences.

People are also critical of his moustache and hair. I can only assume that people who criticise his moustache and hair are envious because they can't have Sam Frost.

No one is being Critical of him at all

Great left foot? Maybe, pity said foot butchers the ball at times

I dont mind the Rampe deal. He' doesnt want to go anywhere, we don't want to go anywhere, so instead of say, i mill over 3 years, we do it over 4, save a bit on the cap, and he both parties are happy.

We have different definitions of 'terrific' and 'defender'.

Geez it's unreal. We are the best defensive side in the competition. Yet the only defender we don't regularly complain about is Nick Smith! Rampe's a local product. He's a very good player. He's a versatile player. Now I, too, would prefer he got rid of the tache but it's no manbun and he's a critical cog in the League's best defense.

You have to wonder what with Tippet being useless, Pyke looking cooked, Shaw, Goodes, and Richards past their use by dates, and Jetta and Cunningham being squibs how the hell are we sitting second???

I don't think Rampe's contract is $1 million per year so what's wrong with its length?

Geez it's unreal. We are the best defensive side in the competition. Yet the only defender we don't regularly complain about is Nick Smith! Rampe's a local product. He's a very good player. He's a versatile player. Now I, too, would prefer he got rid of the tache but it's no manbun and he's a critical cog in the League's best defense.

You have to wonder what with Tippet being useless, Pyke looking cooked, Shaw, Goodes, and Richards past their use by dates, and Jetta and Cunningham being squibs how the hell are we sitting second???

I don't think Rampe's contract is $1 million per year so what's wrong with its length?

You left out Mitchell's 'God aweful' kicking as well :confused::rolleyes:. Clearly, a lot of people on here have nothing better to do than constantly criticise the club they're supposed to love and trust!

You left out Mitchell's 'God aweful' kicking as well :confused::rolleyes:. Clearly, a lot of people on here have nothing better to do than constantly criticise the club they're supposed to love and trust!

I shouldn't be too critical. I've been calling time on Shaw for a long time. But it does reach a point where you wonder just how we are possibly any good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will be moving some reasonable players on so we can get some picks for them, then use them once we get Mills and Dunkley

I figured we would probably have to at some point, I am guessing it won't be Hannebery or Mitchell as a few people on the board seem to think.

I read a lot of negative comments on RWO and Bigfooty about Dane's appearance. It has to stop! People celebrate the individuality of Adam Goodes. Why not celebrate the individuality of Dane Rampe?

It's fine, people are allowed to have an opinion.

I've mentioned Hannebery before. I don't want him to go. But I suspect he may be offered $600k+ by a Victorian club which we can't match and he can't knock back.

Anything's possible, I'm on record as saying I think he'll stay, but we'll have to wait and see. We don't know at this stage so I will be leaving it at that.

It's fine, people are allowed to have an opinion.

I agree, but Dane Rampe deserves the same protection by Swans people as Adam Goodes. The same people will happily disparage Rampe's moustache, but will defend Adam Goodes's if any person said they did like his beard.

Is there a difference between criticising Rampe's moustache and
Goodes's beard?

I agree, but Dane Rampe deserves the same protection by Swans people as Adam Goodes. The same people will happily disparage Rampe's moustache, but will defend Adam Goodes's if any person said they did like his beard.

Is there a difference between criticising Rampe's moustache and
Goodes's beard?

No. Sorry. That is just bloody stupid. I love Rampe as a player. But that mo makes him look like a pansy. It's not as bad as a man bun, but it's not great.

Goodes was made Aust of the Year for his work with Aboriginal kids. He is being booed by opposition supporters largely because they saw it as a token appointment and a reward for pointing out a teen girl. Goodes does deserve to have that record corrected. Rampe deserves to have that moustache sledged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back