List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
No free agent is willing to join it seems. We couldnt even get Dev Robertson to agree. Sam Taylor looking like he will stay put and ignore us. Chad Warner will just see us lose pick 1 if we go for a giuy like him

We are heading towards North Melbourne territory and no fans seem to care or want to change anything... Its bizarre

No fans seem to care?

Do you just post in here and not read any other posts?

Shuffling deck chairs on the titanic is all that is. We need financial investment, we need infrastructure changes, we need to be doing more then blaming irrelevant people for the true causes of our issues which is the injury list and inability to train at a high enough level

Didnt we just spend a gazillion dollars on a brand new training facility and infrustructure recently?

We just sacked and replaced half the people in the place.

We just sent our players overseas and interstate to seek world leading expert advice on injuries for Yeo, McGovern, Jamieson and Hewett.

Can you list exactly what else needs to be done which you are getting your knickers in a knot over not doing. No general statements. State exactly what else would YOU would do?

Last edited:

Can you list exactly what else needs to be done which you are getting your knickers in a knot over not doing. No general statements. State exactly what else would YOU would do?
Send Don Pyke out with a shovel, duh....

I just see people defending the club mostly
Then you are reading without comprehending. Just because people don't rant like a three year old, doesn't mean they are happy with the way things are or are defending the club. Being balanced and thoughtful tends to be far more productive in both discussion with others and life.

Shuffling deck chairs on the titanic is all that is. We need financial investment, we need infrastructure changes, we need to be doing more then blaming irrelevant people for the true causes of our issues which is the injury list and inability to train at a high enough level
The true cause of injuries is playing footy and training at the intensity required.

Didnt we just spend a gazillion dollars on a brand new training facility and infrustructure recently?

We just sacked and replaced half the peiple in the place.

We just sent our players overseas and interstate to seek world leading expert advice on injuries for Yeo, McGovern, Jamieson and Hewett.

This is propoganda 101. We cut corners and built a dumpster fire

We replaced irrelevant people who are not at the core of the issue

We sent 3 players overseas when it should be minimum 20

The changes are obvious to be done

• Spend 2-3 million on training facility upgrades to get them up to scratch including new surface, a actual injury recovery facility and do a full review on what the issues are with a open and honest conversation with fans about this
  • Leave WAFL, no questions asked
  • Send more then 3 players overseas for injury assessment. Common sense surely?
  • Lower ticket prices while we suck. We need to fill the stands at these times, not leech of those who are passionate and loyal

Can keep going?

Where is this "young talent leaving due to s**t side" coming from? 21-20-22 year old are not desperate for success. They aren't even at peak value yet.

I'd say at age 24/25/26 is where that may come into play. Refer to lids leaving when he was like 27.

Players kill two birds with one stone when they leave at 24/25/26

1. They are at max contract value
2. They can go to contender
Where has the hype like this happened to
A number 1 pick?

If you don’t think clubs ain’t in Reid agents ear, you’re kidding yourself. The offers will be big depending how he is tracking.

Not saying he will go because there is a lot of factors (how much he likes the City, mates with team mates ect)

It’s but about being successful it about trending the right way. Need a win bump next year without doubt to help keep Reid imo.

Last time the Eagles sent 20 players overseas it was to Vegas and we all know what happened…..

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

Last edited:
They dont defend the club from rational criticism.

Blind, dumb general statements such as what you and others make...........not helpful.
How is "the training surface isnt up to scratch" dumb and general?

Its perfecrly rational. Its tough to fix and requires money but its rational and can be done.

People wanting easy answers is the irrational aspect I believe

This is propoganda 101. We cut corners and built a dumpster fire

We replaced irrelevant people who are not at the core of the issue

We sent 3 players overseas when it should be minimum 20

The changes are obvious to be done

• Spend 2-3 million on training facility upgrades to get them up to scratch including new surface, a actual injury recovery facility and do a full review on what the issues are with a open and honest conversation with fans about this
  • Leave WAFL, no questions asked
  • Send more then 3 players overseas for injury assessment. Common sense surely?
  • Lower ticket prices while we suck. We need to fill the stands at these times, not leech of those who are passionate and loyal

Can keep going?

No

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where has the hype like this happened to
A number 1 pick?

If you don’t think clubs ain’t in Reid agents ear, you’re kidding yourself. The offers will be big depending how he is tracking.

Not saying he will go because there is a lot of factors (how much he likes the City, mates with team mates ect)

It’s but about being successful it about trending the right way. Need a win bump next year without doubt to help keep Reid imo.
If we are as talentless as is being made out then we can outbid any club because we won't have any other players demanding big money.

Or (much more likely) we will have a spread of young talent and be rising up the ladder.

Some of you need to cool your jets. We're in the hard part of the rebuild, but it will turn (as it always does). The only time rebuilds stretch to ten years is when a club stuffs up the first few drafts and has to go back to the beginning. I've already seen enough from the 2021 and 2022 draft crop to be confident there are several future best 22 players there, and so far Reid is looking like he'll be one of the top mids in the comp (and he's only played one game).

The club starts rising up the ladder in 2026 after Reid has had his third pre-season. That will give us a midfield with enough experience to compete (Reid, Ginbey, Hewett, Chesser, Hall), hopefully we've got a good second tall forward by then (Maric, B Williams or J Williams) and found some solutions to the KPD. The half back flankers will be solved by trades/FA or the failed mids moving back.

If we are as talentless as is being made out then we can outbid any club because we won't have any other players demanding big money.

Or (much more likely) we will have a spread of young talent and be rising up the ladder.

Some of you need to cool your jets. We're in the hard part of the rebuild, but it will turn (as it always does). The only time rebuilds stretch to ten years is when a club stuffs up the first few drafts and has to go back to the beginning. I've already seen enough from the 2021 and 2022 draft crop to be confident there are several future best 22 players there, and so far Reid is looking like he'll be one of the top mids in the comp (and he's only played one game).

The club starts rising up the ladder in 2026 after Reid has had his third pre-season. That will give us a midfield with enough experience to compete (Reid, Ginbey, Hewett, Chesser, Hall), hopefully we've got a good second tall forward by then (Maric, B Williams or J Williams) and found some solutions to the KPD. The half back flankers will be solved by trades/FA or the failed mids moving back.

Our draft crop is much poorer then those int he same situation however. North Melbourne and Hawthorn ahead of us well and truly. When you are behind the people in the same position as you then you are in a very bad way

Are there any players that are super boots in this year cohort?
I'd really like a Kane Farrell type to be able to break up our run to the right/kick it routine.

Someone with pace who can clear lines.

The likely number 1 draft pick Finn O'Sullivan. I wouldn't call him a true super boot but he is not only a very accomplished mid who is probably a touch more outside than in, is genuinely great overhead for his size, has the overall best athletic profile from testing (combined agility & speed and it's an only just) and he is a genuine 60m kick.

So the real question is do you want to draft and develop him as a future AA HB who can shift into the midfield when needed or do you just develop him as the super classy mid he is.

I genuinely think that you actually need 2 players with amazing kicking from the back half who can open up play as turnover is the number 1 start of scoring chains. You can blame the stand rule for this. Inside you need great contested ability, overall you need players who can win or at least break even on 50/50's and heading outside you need vision, kicking skills along with run and carry.

Unless the stand rule is changed (I doubt it) the game will continue to carry on in this manner. Combine this with 6,6,6 and you can carry a slower FF / ruck forward as long as they burst packs and are aggressive and you can carry a KPD who is a little less athletic if they have good skills and are big enough to again destroy the long contested ball or you can carry one who has the size and is reasonably athletic as long as the players around them have very good skills. Ball movement, speed and one vs one ability is the key to the future.

I actually have some faith in Don Pyke.

I don’t think he is a loser or someone who sits on his hands and waits for things to happen.
I dont have faith in the WAFC mainly is what id say to this

WAFC dont seem interested in seeing Eagles improve in even the slightest way. They seem more interested in West Perths social justice warrior battles then the West Coast Eagles onfield success

WAFC dont seem interested in seeing Eagles improve in even the slightest way. They seem more interested in West Perths social justice warrior battles then the West Coast Eagles onfield success
They'll care when their bonuses start getting smaller...

Our draft crop is much poorer then those int he same situation however. North Melbourne and Hawthorn ahead of us well and truly. When you are behind the people in the same position as you then you are in a very bad way
North has an impressive number of young kids because how could you not with that number of draft picks. Of course, they are still North, and could stuff it up. Now, I don't know Hawthon's list that well, but is their draft crop better than Reid, Ginbey, Hewitt and Chesser? I don't recall any names jumping out at me.

How does the WAFC impact the Eagles success? Genuine question.

The big problem with the WAFC is they waste so much money on their own self importance and staff and with how huge this state is there isn't enough money heading in the right areas to identify talent early enough, capture it and develop it.

The above area carries to the WAFL as well. If the WAFL clubs got even close to a fair share the WAFL salary cap could be doubled as well as the clubs having 1-2 extra staff meaning a lot more young talent makes it into not only the pathways earlier but even those who won't make AFL quality stay in the WAFL rather than being weekend stars who play for more money in other leagues.

They are need to be streamlined or for the life of me I never thought i'd say this but relinquish control to the AFL as long as the deal is good enough to secure a much higher share of funding for junior, state and community development.

The big problem with the WAFC is they waste so much money on their own self importance and staff and with how huge this state is there isn't enough money heading in the right areas to identify talent early enough, capture it and develop it.

The above area carries to the WAFL as well. If the WAFL clubs got even close to a fair share the WAFL salary cap could be doubled as well as the clubs having 1-2 extra staff meaning a lot more young talent makes it into not only the pathways earlier but even those who won't make AFL quality stay in the WAFL rather than being weekend stars who play for more money in other leagues.

They are need to be streamlined or for the life of me I never thought i'd say this but relinquish control to the AFL as long as the deal is good enough to secure a much higher share of funding for junior, state and community development.
Identity and develop talent for Geelong, St Kilda, Sydney and Brisbane?

How does the WAFC impact the Eagles success? Genuine question.
Hard to go into all the ways mate as its such a massive massive list. From preventing us spending extra cash, to the WAFL team rules which are absurd and make no sense, to the absolute abomination that is the W.A u18 program atm which is the worst in the country, to the general misdirection of every resource they have.

I think they need to stay out of our affairs and not get involved firstly. Stop stealing our money, stop treating our WAFL team like trash, stop worrying about West Perths social justice battles, stop crying about Adrian Barichs personal squabbles and instead focus on improving the u18s program is a good start

Last year was a great change for the club I will admit recruiting wise. We have abandoned the WA talent and went over east which simply had to happen. Its not ideal but hopefully its the wake up call these clowns need

Identity and develop talent for Geelong, St Kilda, Sydney and Brisbane?
Depth of talent is a main issue foremost. Eagles benefited HUGELY in previous times with those rookie list and late draft pickups that occured from that depth of talent. Without any depth, we are now left in the giant pile using pick 1 in the rookie draft on non WA players because the WA talent pool is so shallow, no one slides or can be picked up on the cheap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back