Autopsy Round 4, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelli always reminds me of Basil with the way she (and he used to) stuffs up calls, mangles cliches and just flat out says wrong things all the time.
But I reckon there's very few good commentators these days, most of them are pretty average
She made an absolute meal of Harley's first goal too.

First said that Petruccelle kicked it to him (it was Edwards)
Then we got the "BROKE ONE BROKE TWO" when a second player didn't even get near him
Then went off on some tangent about him being the most hyped pick in history like it has anything to do with the goal he just kicked.

Basil is a good comparison, she's as atrocious as he was. So are 80% of other commentators too but I would say there is a reason she has done 3/4 of the wooden spooners games so far.

Then we got the "BROKE ONE BROKE TWO" when a second player didn't even get near him
Then went off on some tangent about him being the most hyped pick in history like it has anything to do with the goal he just kicked.

Basil is a good comparison, she's as atrocious as he was. So are 80% of other commentators too but I would say there is a reason she has done 3/4 of the wooden spooners games so far.
She can see the invisible players!
Im telling you, goat commentator.
Its a feature not a bug. Tm

Someone have to insert new audio so we don't need to listen to the under-whelming Kelly

People on this board complain more about Dwayne Russell than any other commentator for his shitty cliche based commentary.

And whilst there is no doubt that a small minority whose dislike for Kelli Underwood may be gender based, let's not call everyone that dislikes her commentary sexist please. Both Sarah Jones and Kath Loughnan are fantastic at their jobs.
Jones is a disaster. She talks like she is recovering from a migraine during every broadcast.

Kelli is better at other media roles, she is not good at commentary. She probably still gets too much criticism compared to pencil necks like Luke Darcy who just have no idea.

As well as butcher Latin. "Standus Operatus"

602.gif

Just re watched the game and we were good. If only Darling could keep his feet, he would be a 5 times better player. he goes down at every contest, chase, tackle, he just can't keep his feet. The man is top heavy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just re watched the game and we were good. If only Darling could keep his feet, he would be a 5 times better player. he goes down at every contest, chase, tackle, he just can't keep his feet. The man is top heavy.
Well that’s why when you have a partner that goes down a lot you call them Darling..

It's one of the surer signs that your days are numbered IMO. It started happening to Bunga too and his legs are tree trunks.

Once you stop keeping your feet I think it's a sign that the body has had enough and it starts to betray you more and more, irrespective of what the mind is telling it to do.

You forgot:

"The crowd will tell the story... listen to this!"

"Wow"

The 2023 grand final was some of the worst commentary in the history of the league.

If I wasn't a partisan in 2018, I'd think SHEED, AY? was total garbage.

But since I am a partisan:

SHEED, AY?

Might be something to do with his martial arts background. Safer to fall than risk injury. He's been reasonably durable through his career.

I thought his game on the weekend was unobtrusively solid. Has his nose in front as third tall defender for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He’s been ok on the long ball in. He has also been getting lost and loose with his player when the forward entry has some precision. Hell learn but has a way to go. Understandable as he’s been a ruck, plus injured most of his career.

Kelli is better at other media roles, she is not good at commentary. She probably still gets too much criticism compared to pencil necks like Luke Darcy who just have no idea.
She has grown on me (in a not malignant way). I used to find her accent a real annoyance but, after a holiday in Qld that settled down a lot. She will never be top shelf but because she seems unbiased she is not the worst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back