Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
UK Virus ALERT

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

The Russians have said “Its not us”
Hahaha this is class. Enjoyed this thoroughly.

Media is seriously over-reacting and causing people to panic. Fighting over toilet paper at the supermarket is one of the most embarrassing things I’ve seen
Media started going nuts in the past fortnight and the situation escalated.

I started prepping a month ago because I've been following this from the beginning and the signs did not look good.

A week ago I though it all a storm in a tea cup. But I don't think so any more.

Australia presently has a bit over 100 diagnosed cases. That's about the level that Italy had just two weeks ago. Italy now has more than 10,000 cases and more than 600 deaths (a 6% mortality rate!) and their hospital system is on the verge of collapse.

Australia's greater decentralisation, lower population density (outside SYD and MLB) and younger population may all help reduce the spread and mortality compared to Italian rates but its gonna get considerably worse here before it gets better.

As far as footy goes, I expect that at some stage, perhaps as early as Rd 1, AFL will be played in front of empty stadiums with fans prohibited. Players contracting it and whole teams being put into isolation seems quite possible too. Note that the Doggies are severely restricting player/supporter interaction at their season launch tonight. That's going to become the norm.

In the real (non-footy) world, the biggest concern is the USA. Donald Trump and his team initially laughed it off as fake news and did nothing much in the early stages. They're not laughing it off now. The number of confirmed cases in the USA is hugely understated because they were so slow to get going with testing. The number of cases/deaths there is going to really spike in coming days. Financial markets are already anticipating it, even if the data doesn't yet confirm it. Think about all those people riding the packed New York Subway to work every day over recent weeks and living so densely, with all that coughing and spluttering, touching hand-rails, turnstiles, door knobs, bathroom cubicle locks, etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not worried about the footy, as l think it will be business as usual, but if supporters are locked out of games, hopefully it's our Marvel Stadium matches!
I'm more worried about the share market at this stage...💩

I'm predicting the season will be abandoned when all is said and done.

I cannot envisage a scenario where the season isn't disrupted beyond a simple crowd ban.

Can't see the season been abandoned, and even if there is a crowd lock out, it looks like it will be one match for each team.
The only thing that could destroy the season is if there was a mass outbreak at a number of clubs.

Can't see the season been abandoned, and even if there is a crowd lock out, it looks like it will be one match for each team.
The only thing that could destroy the season is if there was a mass outbreak at a number of clubs.

Going by the Media that is Possible

If a player or staff member at a football club contracts the virus, that would mean the whole club has to go into two weeks quarantine automatically.

If that happens across multiple football clubs, the schedule of the season will be severely disrupted.

If a player or staff member at a football club contracts the virus, that would mean the whole club has to go into two weeks quarantine automatically.

If that happens across multiple football clubs, the schedule of the season will be severely disrupted.
Bizarre enough that Pies could snag the flag - seems we need something weird to get us over the line :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back