News Craig Vozzo appointed Essendon CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Craig - I think he will do a great job.

I'm really dirty at Nisbett over this. We trained Vozzo for 10 years but never bothered to put a formal succession plan in place. What do we do when Nisbett retires in a year or so? Or are we planning to let him go until he's 80?

Nizzy: "I'm not leaving!!!"

Leonardo Dicaprio Enthusiasm GIF by Jordan Belfort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was groomed to take over from Nisbett. This will put a spanner in the works for the club.

It's unfortunately what happens in organisations that don't manage their management transition well.
Good people will look elsewhere and or, be head hunted if the person has had to, or is having to, wait too long for the old guard to retire.

If true is a bit of a blight on our Board.

Vozzo has been the heir apparent for sometime now and it's understandable that either he has lost patience with our time line to replace Nissy, or he is such an obvious choice and candidate that he has been poached.

Its a common weekness of many good organisation and that is, timely and adequate transition planning with high up staff in management.
From my time in the Commercial Sector I have seen this scenario play out on numerous occasions.

Well aside from Trevor suddenly dropping dead he had no chance of that role at the eagles. Suck a shame we lose a good person and operator because Trevor has a gig for life.

All very odd.

Stepped away from working with us for ages, and had a CEO spot opening up for him soon here.

Something doesnt add up - he must have had a falling out with the club or something.

All very odd.

Stepped away from working with us for ages, and had a CEO spot opening up for him soon here.

Something doesnt add up - he must have had a falling out with the club or something.
Maybe Essendon simply approached him and it was too good an opportunity to pass up?

Shame

Thought he was a good operator and had seemed like a quite natural fit as successor to Nisbett

Clear now, it it wasn’t already, that Nisbett will be around for another 2 or so years yet. When on radio, the new chairman (Fitzpatrick) gave the impression they weren’t in any hurry and that the eventual replacement would likely come from outside the club

As Monocle has said, it’s now lead to Vozzo either getting impatient or Essendon thinking he was gettable

Good appointment by Essendon

Good luck to Craig.

Let’s be realistic here though - he was moved sideways (backwards?) at WCE several years ago now after seemingly heading towards a key role on the executive. We don’t know what happened there but he didn’t appear to be in line for the CEO position at WCE.

More happening behind the scenes than just ‘guffawwww Nissy bad!!!1’.

Give it a rest. If we get back to winning premierships (for a 4th time, while he’s been in a senior position), you’ll be all over Nisbett again, singing his praises.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back