News Don Pyke appointed next CEO commencing Jan 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Simmo got rid of him when he started and then somehow he found a way back in again

Cockroaches are hard to kill off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does he actually do?

He is Nisbetts version of MI5, all be it a one man team.

So he pretty much does whatever the puppet master asks him to do.
He and the puppet master know where all the skeletons, of player mess ups are buried and he controls the hush money.

Flatlining in Vegas being just one of many sordid tales, that were cut off at the pass.

Hell ……. I wouldn’t even be surprised if he knew where Jimmy Hoffa was buried.

Last edited:
Looking forward to Pyke raising us back to our true level and bringing fear and intimidation to our opponents.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F9841b4a1-c488-4817-9849-edaa7ccc5e27

He will get the board to do that every time the players lose a game.

Seems to be at least an upgrade on having a plane full of senior citizens sing the club song at them.

I thought both spoke very well.

Gaines will be the next Chair after Fitzpatrick, from what I have heard about her in commercial spheres, she is highly capable and well regarded.

Was good to hear and see her front the media, she portrays a confidence that’s encouraging and uplifting.

Pyke likewise spoke well, and did a good job of feeding the chooks with answers to their questions.

I must say that whilst not wanting to get carried away to far with enthusiasm, but the appointment of Pyke gives me good reason to feel confident that the tide is about to turn for my much loved Club.

And that’s a good thing because I have been as grumpy as *, the last few football seasons, as losing and soft co(k performance have never resonated well with me.

I know that Mrs Monocle has been looking forward to the Eagles turning games around as she has learnt, over the years that weekends for her are generally more enjoyable, if the Eagles win.

Some of you guys already know this story.
But five years ago Mrs Monocle was complaining, that if I spent half as much time and as much passion, following the stock exchange, then we would most probably have been living on the property down South.
I was encouraged ( good word ) to give up following junior football and stop going on Big Footy, ….. it got a bit serious there for a few weeks.

So I bought her a new Mercedes, after which the pleasantries resumed and I was all ok to keep my interest in the Eagles and junior football.

Last edited:

thanks for that UR.
Impressive interview by both Pyke & Gaines.
CEO not being on the board was a big positive, as well as hearing Pyke talk about what he can bring & Gaines presenting exactly what you want from a board leader/potential head
Still be a while until we're contending, but great signs. The ride back up is gonna be fun.
*play the interview record in reverse & Pyke says 'Just take Reid'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back