Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Gov

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely this poll only needs one option?

It’s Oscar every day of the week and twice on gamedays.

I don’t even think this broke down shitbox version of the Eagles could ‘Alex Pearce’ this captaincy appointment.

Surely this poll only needs one option?

It’s Oscar every day of the week and twice on gamedays.

I don’t even think this broke down shitbox version of the Eagles could ‘Alex Pearce’ this captaincy appointment.
Or would that be added pressure that OA doesn't need yet?

Oscar probably. I came round him. I want young captain not stop gaps.

In fact I want us to break the record for young captain ever in afl.

In saying that the only issue with captaincy is the likely hood of captain being dislodged by another player in the future is unlikely. Looking at you Harley Reid

Or would that be added pressure that OA doesn't need yet?
No picture this a 19 year captain winning a flag. Is far better then a 28 year old captain winning flag.

I mean look at it from a marketing perspective

I remember the doc with Ben cousins he was deemed too young to be captain (by Brian cousins).

But in retrospect Id like to have that dream again of having a young captain

If we have a Nic Daicos or Andrew Brayshaw or JHF type I'd be frothing at them being captaincy.

Harley Reid for captain

Last edited:
How's TK for captain material?

I haven't really seen anything that screams leadership from Tim. Not to say he can't, I just haven't seen it and neck tatts are the effing worst.

He also has a huge burden to lead the midfield for the next few years. I would really prefer he foccused on that.

Club should just back in Oscar I reckon. He can be that bridge between the older guys and the new bloods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Worsfold was captain at 22, after 75 games.

Oscar will be 25 and played around 82 games.

He’s not even that young a captain.

Can’t be Barrass - even if he doesn’t leave it’s pretty obvious that he’s got that firmly on his agenda right now - not to mention he’s 28 in a couple of months.

Can’t be Duggan - he burns the ball and will ideally be replaced by someone younger, and better within 2-3 years….at which time he’ll be 29-30.

John Worsfold was captain at 22, after 75 games.

Oscar will be 25 and played around 82 games.

He’s not even that young a captain.

Can’t be Barrass - even if he doesn’t leave it’s pretty obvious that he’s got that firmly on his agenda right now - not to mention he’s 28 in a couple of months.

Can’t be Duggan - he burns the ball and will ideally be replaced by someone younger, and better within 2-3 years….at which time he’ll be 29-30.

I don't think Duggan's kicking ability affects his leadership credentials. In fact I would argue if Duggan is at his ceiling, I'd be more inclined to go with him as Captain. It would weigh heavily on whoever is given the role for the next few years. We can afford for Duggan to carry that burden given his output. If it affects Oscars performances well there goes a lot of pretty critical goals.

Thankfully both have tried their hand at it this season and both have put out some of their best games while in the role.

For me it's Oscar.

He already is extremely well spoken and considered in media apperances (which captains will need to do).
He busts his gut every time he's on the field.
He has had captaincy on game day before so has had a taste for it already and has done well and as per the latest coast to coast pody he's comfortable with delegating when needed.

He is a diehard for the club and I can't see it being anyone else.

I was pretty bullish on Barrass as captain previously but it didn’t appear to sit all that well with him in the games he was stand In captain. Just seemed like it overwhelmed him a bit

Conversely, Duggan and Allen both stepped up when given their turn so it’s a race in two I think.

Either one I’d be fine with but with the retirements of Shuey and Hurn combined with the young players starting to emerge it feels like we’re seeing the end of an era

It remains to be seen what happens off field this off season but the time feels right for the club to forge a new identity. With that in mind I think Oscar Allen serves as the best choice to be the face of the club as we embark on the journey back to the top.

I’ve no issue with Duggan but I have the feeling Allen could blossom into one of the great AFL captains

Oscar Allen by the length of the Polly Farmer freeway

Based off the games we've seen this year where it was handed around, it's surely Allen - plus he is the right age and clearly well loved by players and fans.

That said I do get the feeling Duggan would rise to the task and you'd trust him to set a pretty good standard.

I reckon if Allen played a full season last year then Shuey would have handed him the captaincy at the start of this year. It’s a no brainer he’ll get it…surely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back