• Other

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Gov

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pretty bullish on Barrass as captain previously but it didn’t appear to sit all that well with him in the games he was stand In captain. Just seemed like it overwhelmed him a bit

I think he's too much inside his own head for it. He sets a good example in effort but he's not the sort to direct teammates or go over and talk to one who's struggling and perk them up. You don't think of Hurn as a demonstrative player but he excelled in this. It's possible Barrass could too, in time, given this was his first year in a leadership role but he's behind a younger teammate in Allen.

Oscar is the obvious long termer. Would be very west coast to hand it to Gov for a year to give Oscar another year to develop his leadership. I don't hate that idea but we've had enough of captains who sit in rehab, so let Oscar dive in.

Last edited:
I feel like it's obviously out of Duggan and Allen.

Neither is a bad choice, I kind of prefer defenders as captains for some reason. Both are well spoken and highly regarded as being genuinely good guys, Duggo is tough as nails which I think helps as well (not that Allen isn't).

Get the players to vote on those two.

I don't think Duggan's kicking ability affects his leadership credentials. In fact I would argue if Duggan is at his ceiling, I'd be more inclined to go with him as Captain. It would weigh heavily on whoever is given the role for the next few years. We can afford for Duggan to carry that burden given his output. If it affects Oscars performances well there goes a lot of pretty critical goals.

Thankfully both have tried their hand at it this season and both have put out some of their best games while in the role.
but his kicking ability affects him making the best 22, which i am hoping he will no next year.

People doubted Beau Waters back in the day purely for his foot skills - well lack thereof. Duggan is no different. Oscar Allen for me

but his kicking ability affects him making the best 22, which i am hoping he will no next year.

This is the same bloke that has been getting pumped up this week over his game on the weekend. Club had him BOG. I know he cooked a few kicks early but if we don't believe he is B22 going forwards we should really be encouraging him to move on while he's got some value.

Personally I think he'll go pretty close to playing 250 games for us.

People doubted Beau Waters back in the day purely for his foot skills - well lack thereof. Duggan is no different. Oscar Allen for me

Waters never got the chance to be Captain. And if he wasn’t plagued by injuries and retired he likely would have lead us to the 2015 flag!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oscar Allen without a doubt.

Duggan and Hewett should also be in the leadership group and that would mean that's a really solid group for quite some time.

McGovern and Barrass to also stay in the leadership group.

Do we ever find out how to the TBC spots?

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 13.02.21.png

This is the same bloke that has been getting pumped up this week over his game on the weekend. Club had him BOG. I know he cooked a few kicks early but if we don't believe he is B22 going forwards we should really be encouraging him to move on while he's got some value.

Personally I think he'll go pretty close to playing 250 games for us.

Duggan's kicking being a liability has been overstated. He looked fine even good at times when the team wasn't god awful.

He's playing up around the ball more now, more pressure on his kicks, not his natural position etc. And he's also been nursing a knee injury for ages.

For some inane reason we're still comparing him to what we hoped he could be when drafted when it's been clear for years he's not becoming that. He's a solid B grade defender that most teams would have in their B22.

He's also an unconditional, relatively brave player that has stood up when asked to lead. That's not nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back