Multiplat Cricket 24

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno, i like cricket 22/24, think it's pretty darn good effort at a realistic cricket game for a studio their size, i like AO Tennis, it plays realistically well and am glad they are doing it, i've never played Rugby League Live, and it's really just AFL23 needing some gameplay improvements and i don't really have an issue with Big Ant outside of that. I really enjoyed AFL Live and that era of 2010-2014-ish. Enjoyed Casey Powell Lacrosse 18 was a good fun sports game. I am disappointed that AFL23 hasn't really taken off yet, i hope they have a plan to kick it into gear for next season though.

Overall i'm pretty happy with Big Ant, obviously AFL23 wasn't smooth launch and still needs some tweaking, but if they can get around to that then that would be cool, overall i don't have any real problems with them aside form that. Not saying they didn't deserve certain criticisms either. But y'know, why be a hater, it doesn't really help anything.
I was talking specifically about the efficiency of downloading the content off the academy to have real teams, logos, players in the game. For example if I want the official Bangladesh team with real logo, uniforms and players with likeness, I need to search and download a realistic creation for each player individually. Adding to this the search filters are limiting, for finding the most realistic version of players and teams. I’ll download one player and it won’t appear on the team, or be available in the free agents to add to the national squad. Or I’ll download an average player with accurate likeness and the skills have all been boosted to the mid 80s. Another option is I’ll download a whole Bangladesh team because it has the correct logo, uniforms and players but then the logo won’t download and I’ll be stuck with the bigant logo. Or some of the player skills are boosted, giving the bangladesh national team a rating of 84. Then I need to say yes and no or other options to 20 different things when downloading 1 team. And some options selected will or won’t work. It’s poorly executed. Then just to make it more confusing I need to workout if I link or unlink a player. Sometimes you need to, sometimes you don’t. Then some downloaded players will reset their career stats. Then you factor in the academy bugs that are lingering still, It’s just impossible!

Last edited:

Just had my very first game of this. I started with Ashes, bowled England out for 15. There were 8 catches by Travis head at silly mid off my pace bowlers and the other 2 were runouts when the batsman decided to run when it was in my keepers hand.

Next I started a career mode, noticed there was a female in my male squad?

Then I had a runout when I was firmly in and it was given out.

What is going on?

Just had my very first game of this. I started with Ashes, bowled England out for 15. There were 8 catches by Travis head at silly mid off my pace bowlers and the other 2 were runouts when the batsman decided to run when it was in my keepers hand.

Next I started a career mode, noticed there was a female in my male squad?

Then I had a runout when I was firmly in and it was given out.

What is going on?

Big Ant is going on....

Will be popping this one back away until some decent updates hopefully happen. What a bummer really wanted to kick-start a career mode when it's cricket season!

Will be popping this one back away until some decent updates hopefully happen. What a bummer really wanted to kick-start a career mode when it's cricket season!
I've just been playing Cricket 22 again for now, whilst I wait for it to get gradually better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no way it’s scripted. It no doubt has a significant RNG component, but how would you possibly script it? Be billions of unique gamestates to script if that were the case
Try quit the game right as a you bowl a ball or face up. If you receive a Yorker for example and quit before it saves, the first ball they ball to you when you resume again is a Yorker.

If the AI is batting and snicks off to you, quit the game and do it again, they snick off again that ball.

At least that’s what I found before I stopped playing and the only reason I came across that was the stupid run outs.

Try quit the game right as a you bowl a ball or face up. If you receive a Yorker for example and quit before it saves, the first ball they ball to you when you resume again is a Yorker.

If the AI is batting and snicks off to you, quit the game and do it again, they snick off again that ball.

At least that’s what I found before I stopped playing and the only reason I came across that was the stupid run outs.

Those could be based on context though. The AI bowling would just be because their ball type is already decided at that point. Maybe the entire over is "scripted" and each over is taken from a possible set of 500 overs, for example.

When you're bowling, probably need more context but if you're bowling the same ball each time then that could be why. If not, then maybe it's come about because of the context you created in your previous overs. As a cricketer myself there are many times I think a bowler could have taken a wicket with any ball on a particular delivery due to the pressure they'd created.

In saying all of this I don't think BA games are much chop these days and haven't played cricket 24. I just think the idea that they script wickets impossible. But I do believe they might be very random and not the result of any plan or strategy. I found this in their previous games.

Just picked up the game the other day and I have enjoyed the gameplay. My favourite feature though has been the ability to play a career with associates, however, that leads me to my main gripe, the ratings of certain teams.

I'm sure most are aware of how certain teams will appear to be low-rated, but once downloaded are boosted insanely to the point where I installed a 77-rated USA. Germany, Kuwait and Thailand are out of whack too, I spent most of my afternoon tweaking Germany to make them 54 overall, will unfortunately have to submit myself to the same task for the other two.

Is there a workaround figured out yet for downloading certain teams so as to not boost their ratings to the point where Zimbabwe are better than India?

Also, my other gripe is with the sheer lack of detail around certain licensed players. I'll just leave the two photos of Ireland's Peter Moor to serve my argument. That "licensed" badge in the top right just rubs salt into the wound.
GCfZgCqaMAA9Zkf
GCfZgNvaYAAttxV

I'd say if you want to play it now, stick to licensed competition modes, Big Bash etc and until I figure out the team rating download fix I'll safely launch myself into a USA career mode.

I’ve been having a blast playing cricket24, also think it’s more refined and improved upon 22 as well. Really good, very realistic now as well. I think it’s the intuitiveness of the controls that are really tight and fun.

Really good, can’t stop playing this and Final Fantasy 7 Remake at the moment.

AFL23 needs a bit more refining but has improved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back