Multiplat Cricket 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Is pretty amusing that a game thats bragged about licensing and authenticity all week has half the teams missing and can't even get an Australian Player right.
I don’t think attention to detail is on the criteria for getting a job at bigant.

A new patch just came out. Is it worth me updating from Cricket22 yet? I will never buy another bigant game on release day again!

Interesting that Xbox isn’t pushing through the update… Would’ve said cricket 24 is nearly matching how broken AFL 23 was. Until I loaded AFL and it crashed just trying to open a certain player in academy

But this game has serious problems. Fielding, batting, Cox bowling and Hawkeye, I also don’t understand why waste all this time on licensing when the customer base was doing their job for them. Without the India national license it already makes problems for the game. But instead they waste time overseas capturing ipl team licenses, but outside of the kits (which aren’t 100% either) there’s else behind the license

I will cut big ant some slack though. EA FC have 100+ times the budget and while that’s playable and this arguably isn’t. For them to have game breaking issues. No wonder companies like BA struggle. Crazy to think that 2k right now are the ones releasing mostly finished games.

And for the people asking. 22 is 4 months worth of patches ahead of Cricket 24

I will cut big ant some slack though. EA FC have 100+ times the budget and while that’s playable and this arguably isn’t. For them to have game breaking issues. No wonder companies like BA struggle.
Big no. Big ant decided to shoot themselves in the foot. Taking on 4 sports games in 9 months. Incompetence with time management. They deserve no slack at all.

I'd cut some slack if they actually gave a s**t about their customers.

Like I know their games always release in a poor state (well, really since AO Tennis) and eventually become OK, but even that pattern seems to have stopped as they have discovered just how much they can get away with.

Which is our fault too. They know how desperate we are and exploit that.

Big no. Big ant decided to shoot themselves in the foot. Taking on 4 sports games in 9 months. Incompetence with time management. They deserve no slack at all.
Probably went too far on the afl thread since I’m banned and no chance of that changing.

I do agree with this though. Why the hell are they making so many games at once. Rugby is already a disaster. The reason for the game was the World Cup…

I do agree with this though. Why the hell are they making so many games at once. Rugby is already a disaster. The reason for the game was the World Cup…
Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still got the tennis game to come likely after the rugby game, if it plays anything like the two AO Tennis games and Tennis World Tour 2... they might as well forget about it.

The company either grew too quickly, or got too greedy, or both. Or just complacent/lazy?

AFL Live 1 had a few bugs on release but was well-polished. They were doing play tests at JB and EB Games months before release. It was a great game and really put them on the map.

Bradman 14 had the academy released months beforehand. Huge community involvement. Trailers and screenshots released at reasonable times in advance. Again, a few bugs on release, but overall a game-changer for the industry. They have since forgone all community involvement just for a few half-arsed licenses. The sad thing is that the true fans of this game/genre never cared about the licenses and preferred the academy. However, those licenses will probably net BA more money, and hence Cricket 24 was a "smart decision"...

Time for another company to have a crack at our two most beloved sports.

They also used to post like tutorial/new mechanics videos on YouTube in the lead up to release and have in-depth previews with legit videogame media like IGN (remember the days when we all knew exactly what we were getting at launch?) who may then turn around and give the finished product a 5 or 6 out of 10 if the game deserved it.

Now they outsource it all to YouTubers who ... don't, while dismissing negative reviews as "clickbait" :/

Last edited:
The company either grew too quickly, or got too greedy, or both. Or just complacent/lazy?

AFL Live 1 had a few bugs on release but was well-polished. They were doing play tests at JB and EB Games months before release. It was a great game and really put them on the map.

Bradman 14 had the academy released months beforehand. Huge community involvement. Trailers and screenshots released at reasonable times in advance. Again, a few bugs on release, but overall a game-changer for the industry. They have since forgone all community involvement just for a few half-arsed licenses. The sad thing is that the true fans of this game/genre never cared about the licenses and preferred the academy. However, those licenses will probably net BA more money, and hence Cricket 24 was a "smart decision"...

Time for another company to have a crack at our two most beloved sports.
The cricket games are still good, they just aren't improving/adding enough between releases.

Still got the tennis game to come likely after the rugby game, if it plays anything like the two AO Tennis games and Tennis World Tour 2... they might as well forget about it.

They haven't said anything for more than 6 months on it. Sounds like it will be trash like the others.

I know nothing about video game programming, but is it too simplistic to expect BA to have made Cricket24 by building on the Cricket 22 game? And if this is the case, you’d expect it to be vastly superior to 22, so how come it’s in the state it’s in?

I am finding it very difficult and time consuming to download players with likeness while ensuring they keep realistic skill levels, real stats etc. this whole academy thing is poorly executed, really fiddly and inefficient at creating the realistic experience I am looking for.

I am finding it very difficult and time consuming to download players with likeness while ensuring they keep realistic skill levels, real stats etc. this whole academy thing is poorly executed, really fiddly and inefficient at creating the realistic experience I am looking for.

I dunno, i like cricket 22/24, think it's pretty darn good effort at a realistic cricket game for a studio their size, i like AO Tennis, it plays realistically well and am glad they are doing it, i've never played Rugby League Live, and it's really just AFL23 needing some gameplay improvements and i don't really have an issue with Big Ant outside of that. I really enjoyed AFL Live and that era of 2010-2014-ish. Enjoyed Casey Powell Lacrosse 18 was a good fun sports game. I am disappointed that AFL23 hasn't really taken off yet, i hope they have a plan to kick it into gear for next season though.

Overall i'm pretty happy with Big Ant, obviously AFL23 wasn't smooth launch and still needs some tweaking, but if they can get around to that then that would be cool, overall i don't have any real problems with them aside form that. Not saying they didn't deserve certain criticisms either. But y'know, why be a hater, it doesn't really help anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back