Multiplat Cricket 24

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we can officially say that Big Ant are cooked.

Whatever has happened with this company since Nacon took over has pretty much made them a joke and god help us all for whatever else they are putting out. I think we can put a line through Tiebreak and Rugby 24 and frankly, If this is what they're serving up now for every title. I hope that AFL 23 was a big money loss for them and they don't bother with another one. I'd rather have the AFL license with somebody else if this is what they think is acceptable to sell to the public on day one now.

I’m buying it because there’s no alternatives and their previous games were enjoyable for me.

I’ll keep an open mind and see how the game play is which is the most important aspect.

Best thing about Xbox store is easy refund.

When Don Bradman first realised, I thought it was such a great start and an awesome stepping stone for future releases. I’m a cricket nut and haven’t bought a game since Cricket 19. Flogging a dead horse as others have said but looks like minimal improvement since 19’. Frustrating

Well at least Cricket 22 was a good game so I guess we’re at least getting a better product then AFL 23 was at launch.

renews cbs GIF

Who made Shane Warne 99? Codemasters?

Bring 'em back.

renews cbs GIF

Who made Shane Warne 99? Codemasters?

Bring 'em back.

They themselves didn't set the world on fire following that.
Ricky Ponting Cricket (05) which was made by a lot of the same team from the 90's Brian Lara/Shane Warne Cricket days was pretty decent. Their next entry started a downward spiral :-/

I’m buying it because there’s no alternatives and their previous games were enjoyable for me.

I’ll keep an open mind and see how the game play is which is the most important aspect.

Best thing about Xbox store is easy refund.

Should hold out for the inevitable gamepass release

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nacon sure bought a lemon. Hopefully they can get a refund.

Cricket is the exact same story as afl live. Great foundation with dbc14 and went backwards rather than forwards from there.

Alright I’ve played a 20/20 at Perth Stadium Australia v England and I’ve gotta say that what I’m playing is far different to what I’ve seen online.

I’ve had no bugs. Fun gameplay , some very nice looking new shots. Love the pull shot off the spinners.

Variety of wickets , even had a couple of played on bowled wickets where the stumps don’t go flying out of the ground.

Graphically some of the player models look really good Cummins, Warner, Stokes and Mark Wood in particular.

The bat manager selection screen is easier the bats are up close and look really good.

The negatives that I’ve seen so far is even though they have 2023 bay models for Grey Nic Kooka New Balance and a couple of other brands all the Aussies and England players were using the same bats from the last game or in the case of some of the English they were using the non brand bats. I know this can be done easily to change it on licensed players via the bat manager it’s just a pain in the ass to do and considering they have the new bats there why wouldn’t they be done?

The Aussie kits don’t have a sponsor on the front, looks awful. The England kids look mint.

The IPL and PSL etc being licenced is funny because half the players aren’t looking anything like they do and then any Indian player from RCB like Kohli aren’t scanned in or name even on the game again for me it’s minor as the community downloads will end up doing a better job but again it’s a bit annoying.

Gameplay wise I haven’t got to much to gripe about, I saw one overthrow for 4 but outside of that it was pretty fun and it did feel different than 22 with some new animinations and cut scenes.

Perth Stadium looks awesome to.

I’ll try out some red ball and see what it’s like.

The gameplay footage looks rough as guts, players clipping through everything.

If they even employ someone for socials, they'll be getting rinsed by the Indian fans. The CEO's block fingers will be getting a huge workout too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they even employ someone for socials, they'll be getting rinsed by the Indian fans. The CEO's block fingers will be getting a huge workout too.

There was a fair bit of it in Cricket 22 as well - players "running" through stadiums - no wonder AFL 23 had interchange benches in the center square :p

Is there any improvement to the Career mode? Before 22 all the talk was about sponsorships and player progression but none of it made any sense and the sponsorship seemed pointless.

I haven’t had any of those bugs at all and actually had some real good game play. I’ve had 2 overthrows for four and that’s it. Everything else has been solid so far.

The only thing I’ve witnessed with bugs is the academy so far.

This is the best day 1 /2 experience I’ve ever had with a BA game before. I can’t remember back to Bradman game but so far I’ve found this more enjoyable than any of the recent ones.

I think we should be honest about this because we are dealing with a very different type of issue compared with AFL 23.

AFL 23 is s**t. Utter s**t. The marketing was deceptive (e.g. Pro Team), the gameplay a huge step backwards from their 12 year older game, and the release was utterly shambolic. Still not even out on Xbox.

Cricket 24 is a clone of Cricket 22. I must say I have barely in my life seen a more blatant clone. Even EA games do more than this. And even the features they did advertise are not done properly, e.g. all the licensed teams being half-baked and the "revolutionary new fielding" being far from it. HOWEVER... Cricket 22 was ultimately a very good game. It was an improvement on Cricket 19, albeit with a poor release that needed several patches to finish. This does mean that Cricket 24 is still a very good game. However I have no compulsion to buy it given things have barely changed.

This company really is struggling unfortunately :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back