Remove this Banner Ad

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Nothing substantial but Matty Johns stated a few things

FOX SPORTS News @FOXSportsNews · 19m
BEGINNING OF THE END: Matty Johns says infraction notices will be handed out next week to current/former @Cronulla_Sharks players #NRL

FOX SPORTS News @FOXSportsNews · 18m
Matty Johns says... * Up to 17 players will be handed notices * Six-month suspensions - only one month to be served in season #NRL #ASADA

FOX SPORTS News @FOXSportsNews · 18m
Bans only 6 months as players took substances unwittingly & club has already suffered significantly throughout investigation (Matty Johns)

haha, this will be funny if true.

NRL players get off more lightly than AFL. nudge nudge wink wink

As much as I like and follow the Storm, I am not across all things NRL. Do NRL sides have seconds, U19 like the good old VFL days that Cronulla can call up if they players miss the first month of the season?

As much as I like and follow the Storm, I am not across all things NRL. Do NRL sides have seconds, U19 like the good old VFL days that Cronulla can call up if they players miss the first month of the season?

Yes they have NSW Cup team and Under 20's plus all 19's,17's 15's I am pretty sure it is

Edit:I don't believe there is 19's

Yes they have NSW Cup team and Under 20's plus all 19's,17's 15's I am pretty sure it is

Edit:I don't believe there is 19's
Not like the AFL where an 18 YO can be a solid contributor though. Having said that, Cronulla is s**t anyway, so it'll just mean the difference between a wooden spoon and a WOODEN SPOON.

I bet Cronulla wished the NRL had a draft right now. :D

Not like the AFL where an 18 YO can be a solid contributor though. Having said that, Cronulla is s**t anyway, so it'll just mean the difference between a wooden spoon and a WOODEN SPOON.

I bet Cronulla wished the NRL had a draft right now. :D

They are looking at bringing a draft back, the Roosters are going to fight it though

Cronulla would lose only those players that were at the club in 2011, which would be barely a handful, most have moved on, primarily to the ESL or have retired.

They are looking at bringing a draft back, the Roosters are going to fight it though
I know they're looking at a draft, but why the hell would the Roosters fight it? They've got the smallest, most non-League (compromised by AFL and Rugby) catchment area of all the traditional clubs??????

I know they're looking at a draft, but why the hell would the Roosters fight it? They've got the smallest, most non-League (compromised by AFL and Rugby) catchment area of all the traditional clubs??????

I am not sure, I guess there would be rules attached to poaching players that don't exist currently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cronulla had the occasional jab
Essendon were getting systematic jabs

Cronulla is barely surviving
No sense in destroying the club

Because they are a rich entity that buys up everyone else's juniors. Think of it this way, they ALWAYS get the first draft pick. Rich entities don't like the playing field levelled.

As to whether Mathew Johns is on the money, that would be a gargantuan no if past form is anything to go by.

Theoretically the suspensions have to be determined by a tribunal, not ASADA. I suppose there could be a recommendation for 6 month bans to the tribunal but I'd be surprised if WADA allowed only 1 month out of competition.

have to agree with the others, take anything Johns says with a grain of salt

he has had more mis-fires than that dude on American Pie

I know its Roy Maters but he has predicted something like this for some time, ie that the NRL would get a better deal as they did not fight the process or seek to control it like the AFL/Essendon.

His views are that this will cause heads to roll at the AFL, his wife is one of the top sports lawyers in the country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back