Crowley a Don

Remove this Banner Ad

"Crowley played 188 games for the Dockers including the 2014 Grand Final."

Bugger, I must have missed this game, who won?

Crowley should be banned again. It's come to light that whilst on provisional suspension he played the 2014 grand final.

Totally cool with him playing for Essendon. Still has a couple of years left in him, you'd think, and Essendon will definitely benefit with him being on the team.

Have fun over there, Crowls.

Delighted for Creepy to get another chance.

I would hate for him to get booed on return. I like to think that he will receive a pretty warm welcome, until he roughs somebody up.

I'm confused about this one. I love Crowley, and I'm glad he's playing again. But I have zero respect for Essendon anymore. So good on Crowls. And I hope he has a great year. But I also hope that Essendon don't win any games because they don't even deserve to be in the comp this year.

Like you said, Crowley have admitted to his wrong doing and done his time. He totally deserved a second chance.

Good spin by Essendon as well, indirectly hinting to their players that all is not lost and it's possible to come back from the suspension.

Essendon as a team may still be suffering from this years from now. I'll give them a pass.
It's Hird et al that deserved greater punishment.

I dunno. Now they have one player that admitted what they took & took responsibility for their actions.
Urgghhhh didn't he try appealling it?

Not really a case of him admitting he took it and copping it as it was first time around.

Do people also forget that he thought he was 'hard done by' and Freo were cruel to him for giving him the axe? There was some article around where he was acting petulantly and whinging about how we cut him. In actuality, he was lucky we didn't tell him to piss off as soon as his appeal was rejected. He went behind the club's back and although I didn't want him in the 2015 team, I'm sure the club would've given him a few run arounds.

Pretty nonplussed about this in general. Who cares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great for him! only downside is for Fyfe, Hill or Mundy who will get him when we play them

I'm not too concerned, I think what makes Crowley a great tagger is not only his fitness base, but his ability to get under his opponent's skin... When you've played football with someone for so many years, it'll certainly get the competitive juices flowing but I doubt he'd be able to (or even attempt to) gain a psychological edge on any of them.

Will be a great spectacle though!

Essendon picking him up at least means the club will have no moral dilema when they re-call the other 12 players who copped the 12 months

Am looking forward to the following games now:

Essendon v Hawthorn (Crowley v Mitchell)
Essendon v GWS (Crowley v Johnson)
Essendon v Geelong (Crowley v Selwood(s) and Dangerfield)
Essendon v Fremantle (Crowley v Everyone)
Essendon v West Coast (Crowley v West Coast fans & Masten for fun)

Essendon v North Melbourne (Crowley v Harvey)

Also can we get a "We aplaud what you have overcome" banner made for our game v Essendon for funsies?

Not really a case of him admitting he took it and copping it as it was first time around.

Do people also forget that he thought he was 'hard done by' and Freo were cruel to him for giving him the axe? There was some article around where he was acting petulantly and whinging about how we cut him. In actuality, he was lucky we didn't tell him to piss off as soon as his appeal was rejected. He went behind the club's back and although I didn't want him in the 2015 team, I'm sure the club would've given him a few run arounds.

Hmmm, what an unexpected post.

I wonder if the club will organise some kind of farewell for him in round 11, considering he never really got one last year. Would be strange having a club sanctioned farewell for a player playing for another team, but there are pretty extraordinary circumstances that have lead him here.

Actually he didn't "appeal" it. Once tested positive he was provisionally suspended till he went to his hearing. At the hearing he put his case forward and was found guilty with the ban shortened for mitigating reasons. No appeal. He copped his year.

As to his petulance and his none appearance at the Doig he admitted afterwards he had just been disappointed and said things he regretted. And the none appearance at the Doig was a stupid decision in and he apologised to the club and team mates.

Slightly diffent to the story you have told.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back