Crowley the bench sitter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can someone please explain to me why Crowley had his first run at the 20 minute mark of the second quarter and then spent most of the last quarter on the bench as well?

We got flogged in the centre - again, and Crowley is our most aggressive midfielder and when he was on the ground he spent very little time in the middle. Does connolly actually watch the game?

Scham said:
We got flogged in the centre - again, and Crowley is our most aggressive midfielder and when he was on the ground he spent very little time in the middle. Does connolly actually watch the game?
I disagree. I thought other than the first 10 minutes of the first qtr, we went alright in the center.

BB gun said:
Ok, sorry I am wrong.
That area is a real concern for us. Might be time to send pav into the middle.
He was actually in there for the third centre bounce of the match after Adelaide kicked the first two goals, and stayed in there for most of the first quarter I think.

Scham said:
He was actually in there for the third centre bounce of the match after Adelaide kicked the first two goals, and stayed in there for most of the first quarter I think.
How did he go?
I remember him going in for the third centre bounce, however don't remember seeing him after that.
Polak went alright at CHF, MCpharlin at FF, Murphy kicking 8 in the WAFL.
JLO's knee a bit of a concern, he could rest in the forward pocket.
I don't know if Pavlich is capable of doing what he did in 2003, but if he is, i would play him in the midfield.

I thought pav looked ordinary. Seemed to be running at half pace except when on a lead. Dunno if he's carrying something but he did not look interested when there was a contest.

Rob said:
Jaysus, did you watch the game?

And Pavlich has to be carrying something, he looks a lot slower than he did last year.

yup i agree he has to be carying something...no way is he ever this lazy time for murphy to be sent up forward after his wafl game of 8 goals...seems hes hungry CC have the brains and play him up forward....at least he has speed to defend the ball iun the forward line unlike most of our other forwards...

as for crowley i dont understand CC tbh he is so attackign midfilder he gave us the impetus we needed when brought on 20 mins into 1st quarter why so late...CC not watching the game is he..

Scham said:
Can someone please explain to me why Crowley had his first run at the 20 minute mark of the second quarter and then spent most of the last quarter on the bench as well?

Because Haselby and Josh Carr were setting us alight. Because the forward line was a blur of motion and speed. Because our intensity at the contest has never been better. And our skills were silky.

Yeah, you do have to wonder. There were quite a few changes through out the match. But when you are missing all of the above -- changing people around won't make much difference.

Personally, I would have dragged McPharlin and left Medhurst one out at full forward. But no Medhurst has to round out his game playing as a defensive forward, and in the midfield.

Dr Ralph Dagg said:
Because Haselby and Josh Carr were setting us alight. Because the forward line was a blur of motion and speed. Because our intensity at the contest has never been better. And our skills were silky.

Yeah, you do have to wonder. There were quite a few changes through out the match. But when you are missing all of the above -- changing people around won't make much difference.

Personally, I would have dragged McPharlin and left Medhurst one out at full forward. But no Medhurst has to round out his game playing as a defensive forward, and in the midfield.

time for medhurst to get run i nthe WAFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scham said:

I couldn't believe it. Crowley is easily in our best 18 IMHO and should play atleast 3/4 each week. He's been playing well, and when you don't reward young players with game time it hurts their confidence. I sit right behind the bench, and he looked really disappointed. Everytime a midfielder came off he'd jump up to run on, only to be told someone else was getting a run.

The senior players already dislike Connolly, by treating the young guys poorly Connolly will really struggle.

dominguez said:
I couldn't believe it. Crowley is easily in our best 18 IMHO and should play atleast 3/4 each week. He's been playing well, and when you don't reward young players with game time it hurts their confidence. I sit right behind the bench, and he looked really disappointed. Everytime a midfielder came off he'd jump up to run on, only to be told someone else was getting a run.

The senior players already dislike Connolly, by treating the young guys poorly Connolly will really struggle.

i 100% agree with ur assesment i dont know whats hapeing in the coaching box to be honest...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back