Crown: Aussie Millions

Remove this Banner Ad

red+black I'm unsure of why you want to overbet 4bet jam that spot, I think you're being very results orientated in regards to that hand. In every tournament the winner is the person who accumulates all the chips. Getting it in KK vs A10 would be going along way for balsiger to win the tournament. I understand you win the 100% of the time but when you 4bet (Not all in) you give him the chance to do what he did with Ax qq etc. It's alot harder for him to call off with those hands.

If my thinking is incorrect please let me know but I'm sure the pros would rather there opponent 5bai rather then fold a hand like A10 there.

I'm no professional but I totally agree with you. The only reason you might 4 BAI there is for ICM reasons, but having said that that's really a very fishy play - only other reason I can think of is if the villain calls 100% of 4 BAI jams but folds 100% to ~ click backed 4 bets, not really a likely situation.

red+black I'm unsure of why you want to overbet 4bet jam that spot, I think you're being very results orientated in regards to that hand. In every tournament the winner is the person who accumulates all the chips. Getting it in KK vs A10 would be going along way for balsiger to win the tournament. I understand you win the 100% of the time but when you 4bet (Not all in) you give him the chance to do what he did with Ax qq etc. It's alot harder for him to call off with those hands.

If my thinking is incorrect please let me know but I'm sure the pros would rather there opponent 5bai rather then fold a hand like A10 there.
yeah, being results oriented. If Barer min 5-bets, Balsiger can shove but Barer probably calls anyway given the strength of his hand and the money in the pot. Obv you want to make correct decisions over the long-term, but while I would happy to call $500 all-in with KK against AK, I wouldn't do so with my entire life savings inc. house/car.

I don't play enough nor have read enough about bet-sizing, but I'd feel more comfortable shoving with the nuts and forcing my opponent to a decision, especially if my life is on the line. I guess it's the difference between old school smallball and new school 5-bet bluffs.

I recall this hand, HU at the WSOP with even stacks. Hinkle would never call all-in with 10-4dd.
http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2008-world-series-of-poker/event-2-1500-nlhe/post.49650.htm

Seidel is the bubble boy.

Dwan busts in 6th. Negreanu is 4/5, if he busts next, he will have made a 50k profit on both SHR events.

100k: 5 bullets, won $550k
250k: 3 bullets, won $800k (so far)

Last edited:
Quoss gone, happy about that. Ivey, Ike, Timex, DNegs left.

Ike has now made a profit across the SHRs, 6 bullets in 100k, 2 in the 250k.

Payouts: 4m, 2.82m, 1.9m, 1.25m

Lifetime: Antonio 26.2, Erik 20.3, DNegs 20.1, Trickett 19.9, Hellmuth 18, Ivey 17.7, ... Timex 8.3

Last edited:
Timex down to 1.85BBs and is UTG. Good.

FFS. He triples up then doubles up :thumbsdown:

FFFFFS he's gone from 185k to 2.3m. As long as he doesn't get HU I'll be happy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was there when Seidel came back from a 9:1 chip disadvantage to win this vs Trickett a few years ago - Tricket thought he could roll straight over the top of him. I guess these old pros have seen a lot of this stuff before.

Ike being a bit too aggro judging from these HH.

I was there for that also. I saw Sam after with his gf walking through the food court and he was very upset. I'd love to have a 7-figure bad day!

This HU will be awesome viewing, albeit probably 7 months away or so.

I was there for that also. I saw Sam after with his gf walking through the food court and he was very upset. I'd love to have a 7-figure bad day!

This HU will be awesome viewing, albeit probably 7 months away or so.

He was pissed of that day as you say, you have a good memory - I remember him getting more and more agitated as the tide turned, then walking off after he'd lost, not a happy camper. Pretty sure he thought it was in the bag beforehand.

Like all of these productions we'll just see some edited stuff that doesn't give a sense of the entire picture.

Negreanu ...
100k: 5 bullets, won $550k
250k: 3 bullets, won $800k (so far)

Ike has now made a profit across the SHRs, 6 bullets in 100k, 2 in the 250k.

So DN put down $1.25M and Ike dropped $1.1M across 2 events. That must be a serious backing deal (assuming they don't own 100% of themselves). By that I mean it must have been part of the negotiation that they had X number of bullets to fire. It's not like the One Drop where the buy-in is a one time set figure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back