Crown Melbourne Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Got 2 mates in this, they also said the blinds are killing them. One had 130k other about 80-90k (which apparently is av) at last break. Some of the hands I've heard they've played gives me hope for the 6 max which I might venture to play next week (won't however if the structure is as s**t as this one).

Only played this cos I'm thinking Opening Events usually attract a lot of players, but that was hella painful LOL. I can't believe some ppl re bought at or just before the break with blinds 600/1200/100? (stack 10k).

Last edited:
Only played this cos I'm thing Opening Events usually attract a lot of players, but that was hella painful LOL. I can't believe some ppl re bought at or just before the break with blinds 6/12/5? (stack 10k).

I've heard blnds 8/16k now and most stacks shallow. Two fellas I know have FT and also one of their mates who is likely a good player. One of them was once part of a fairly decent crew of players from back in the day (the day we are talking about being about 5 years ago) that included WaGeNWaRz but now doesn't play much anymore.

Sounds like a rubbish structure, I'm really turned off now about playing the 6 max next week.

BL anyway mate, if you had the K4 hand ship is super standard with those blinds and I think one of my mates knocked you out. Was hoping you could FT them and I could get you to say something to stir them up a bit. :)

We were 6 handed, yeah I had K4 soooted UTG, MP flats, BB ships, MP tanks. I was rapt to be against AQ. Blinds were going up next hand.

Last edited:
Yeah K4 soooted was me UTG, I was rapt to be against AQ. Blinds were going up next hand.

My mate Whits got you, apparently someone folded AJ in that hand after flatting your shove and folding to Whits reraise and the flop came down something like JJ9. Not sure what is worse, being dead on the flop or waiting to the river to be done by A high or whatever.

Anyway, good run - running deep, even without getting a really good score, is a confidence booster and says you must be playing well and that a very good score is only just around the corner. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I'll play tonight, I'm pretty run down. There's like 3 tourneys on Sunday but I'm going to the netball final at Hisense. Haven't looked what else is on next week.

Between the World Cup, full time work and some donkaments, I barely have time to scratch my ass!

Event 1: buy-in $125, fee 20%, stack 10k, levels 20 mins
Event 2: buy-in $250, fee 12%, stack 12k, levels 25 mins

Structure is identical though. I won't bother.

Was looking at playing the Main but I'm oncall for work from Friday 7pm.

So later I'm thinking I'll play Friday day but there's no day flight :thumbsdown:

Had a couple friends play the WWU HORSE on Sunday and commented that a min-cash was 4x the buy-in.

http://www.crownpoker.com.au/result/6480/winter-warm-up-event-6-h-o-r-s-e-

That's ridiculous. If I were TD, I would want the bubble to not be so big. Given that most Crown tournaments are not freezeouts, they should be aiming for a min-cash of 2-2.5 x BI, which is what they usually do. I played around with some numbers to come up with what I thought was a fairer payout structure. I am not so fussed with exact percentages at the top, I am more concerned with the bubble. Don't pay the bubble so much, in fact, pay an extra player.

Buy-In: $300+50 ... Entries: 29 ... Pool: $8900
1st | 38% | 3305 | 34% | 2958
\2nd | 28% | 2435 | 26% | 2262
\3rd | 19% | 1655 | 18% | 1566
\4th | 15% | 1305 | 13% | 1131
\5th | 0% | 0 | 9% | 783

Last edited:
Bubble in the 6max was quite high, about 2.5 the buyin

Played tonight but wasnt meant to be, busted around 30th with 12 paying

Had small balled my way to around 30k when I got in a hand with someone. I open J9 he calls BB with KT, flop J68, he checks, I bet, he check raises (the whole act stunk, would be calling down super light here), turn is a 7, he pots it I call, river is a K and he checks I check * life nh

Then got moved to a table that had me and 5 other players who wouldve been probably in the top 7-8 players skill wise in the tournament, it was lol absurd. It was a bit of a running joke do it was fun at least. Got a double AT>QJ in pre, then opened TT from UTG, got a caller and flopped top set on T79 board, he got cally and we got a runout of 8 turn 6 river for a straight on board I folded to a shove

Got AT in vs A9 pre and chopped after a flop of K75, turn K river 5, then later shoved Q6 fromt he SB and BB peels an ace and calls, peels the second card and its a second Ace. I have as many outs as possible going to the river with top pair, flush draw and a straight draw but brick

Last edited:
Then we had this hand, which I'll put in a seperate post as it might be long and confusing

So the hand ends with the BTN in seat 5, it needs to move to seat 6 for the next hand but it doesnt. The dealer deals the first card to seat 6, and he puts out his SB (his second SB, he didnt pick up that he posted it last hand and should be the button)

On the other side of the dealer, seat 1 who should be the SB posts his SB, and the BB posts his BB.

Cards are dealt, UTG folds and I fold, and its here we realise the error

The dealer is fairly arrogant and just says "well its significant actions just play" and we all kind of pause like can we get a ruling? A few seconds past and after some questions the dealer says again its significant action, but snce its only been 2 folds we want a ruling. So we call the floor, in the meantime while waiting for the floor the dealer still says siginificant action despite us all waiting, but then the next player to act moves all in while we wait (why he does this I dont know, he might not have realised we had called the floor and trusted the dealers word)

So the floor comes over, and then rules it as significant action (of course it is, since a player has now shoved, though he shouldnt have). So floor says the SB in seat 6 is the actual small blind again, and seat 1 is the BB again and needs to complete. Bad luck you're paying the blinds twice. Now seat 2 who put out the BB asks what he has to do? The floor rules that he can have the BB back and now has his option

Here is where it got ugly

He asks the floor if he bets, does the shover get his action back (is it treated as an out of turn but, which quite clearly it should be), but the floor rules that regardless of what the seat 2 does, the shovers chips are staying in the pot, hes all in regardless. He confirms this several times, while the shover is like wtf? so theres lots of comotion and railers are jumping in with advice as are players, so the seat 2 then just jams all in

So the original shover is in shock, saying he should get his option back, which he should, but the floor clearly ruled before he wouldnt. Theres a whole lot of 'this isnt right', then the floor changes his decision and says he can his action back. So seat 2 flips it, saying he wouldve limped if that was the ruling so the shove wouldve stood. Instead he shoved thinking he was all in anyway.

So the original shover insta mucks and the ruling stands that he got his action back

Then the player in the SB has AK (who shouldnt have been SB), calls the shove and seat 2 has AT but wins

What a * around, amazing to see the floor make such a bad ruling despite being told clearly its wrong, then changing it back after action had taken place because of the original ruling

lol i actually did that today

SB shoved on my, I squeezed a 6 to start, said its a 6, 2nd card was a duence and I show folded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back