Crown Melbourne Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Big drama I meant the idea of 11 handed tables, not any comments about the talent, or lack of, in these events.

RE: players looking to get in, I heard a lot of stories of some pros trying to find a way in, its obviously a relatively speaking soft tournament, but that does nothing to knock the effort of winning it all. The lucky hands, they are all bound to happen at some point.

Big drama I meant the idea of 11 handed tables, not any comments about the talent, or lack of, in these events.

RE: players looking to get in, I heard a lot of stories of some pros trying to find a way in, its obviously a relatively speaking soft tournament, but that does nothing to knock the effort of winning it all. The lucky hands, they are all bound to happen at some point.

Yep, to win you have to bink/fade, all that matters is that the decisions leading up to the bink/fade are the right ones, ie shoving with K 10 from the bttn in a 3x turbo/hyper turbo format is a good decision, binking vs an AA BB is just how you win these things.

i had a look at the apl website today, looks like they play a lot around the state, if i remember leading up to the main event i'll pop in for a satty as they place a lot in my area

which dive did you win your seat in matty assuming it was from our area

i had a look at the apl website today, looks like they play a lot around the state, if i remember leading up to the main event i'll pop in for a satty as they place a lot in my area

which dive did you win your seat in matty assuming it was from our area

Hey guys, no disrespect taken!
I agree whole heatedly with what happy said it's basically a super soft 3x turbo. Which coupled with the players being terrible and not knowing how to play the structure makes for an easy run once you make day 3 and obviously when you run good you will win the tourney at no stage during the last 60 did I think/worry about losing because all my push/fold ge was +ev and I knew if I applied pressure these guys wouldn't know how to handle me! I know a few pros from around our area played but not many.

I kinda see this as a stepping stone I took a shot at the aissie millions this year and bricked after playing good. I am also going to wsop so will see how I go there but maybe was lacking abit of confidence which I now have in my game!

Juddy I won my seat in a 10r at the brook hotel. But they're was plenty of satties on around the place I got a seat to it next year so hopefully a decent run in the am main and then b2b in this would be great!

I think I still have a long way to go with my poker but I'm improving everyday and that's all you can do!

Sorry for long post!

On the plus side I went to kitchen workshop tonight for the first time 7/10... Thoughts?

Great hit Matt, 100k is very sweet. Well done.

Which coupled with the players being terrible and not knowing how to play the structure makes for an easy run once you make day 3 and obviously when you run good you will win the tourney at no stage during the last 60 did I think/worry about losing because all my push/fold ge was +ev and I knew if I applied pressure these guys wouldn't know how to handle me!

Possibly you've misread me as I've won one of these types of things, albeit one with a lesser requirement of skill - I realise it is tough, very tough, to win and not denigrating your win in any way shape or form. As I said previously in this thread you obviously had a big edge over the field and deserved your win, hope it propels you to something even better in the poker world.

Last edited:
Juddy I won my seat in a 10r at the brook hotel. But they're was plenty of satties on around the place I got a seat to it next year so hopefully a decent run in the am main and then b2b in this would be great!

have you locked in wsop plans yet or you just know you're going?

im thinking of going again but not entirely sure, think I'll make up my mind around May

Let me know judd, have they released the full sched yet? i'll probs just play a few deep stacks aswell they are good fun and cheap I heard.

Here is my interary JuddsABlue -

7th LA

8th LA

9th LA

10th LA

11th LA

12th LA

13th LA

14th LA

15th LA

16th Anaheim

17th Anaheim

18th Vegas

19th Vegas

20th Vegas

21st Vegas

22nd Vegas

23rd Vegas

24th San Diego

25th San Diego

26th LA

27th LA

28th LA

29th LA

Last edited:
Just saw a pretty nuts hand just after I registered for the tourney un the 2/5. Got there after flop of J 7 2 with 2 diamonds and about 250 in pot
Older fella shoves for 340, young fella snap calls. They keep cards down till the 8 and another 2 runs out

Old fella has 6 2 off and young fella had 44

Crazy to me!

Played some 1/3 on the weekend. Straddle or gay raise, can't recall, then 3-bet to 26, four players see a flop.

FLOP: J:spades: 10:spades: 9:diamonds:

EP bets 75, MP calls, CO shoves ~450. BTN has everyone covered tanks and tanks but folds. EP grimaces and folds. MP calls.

MP: J:diamonds: 9:clubs:
CO: 8:spades: 7:spades:

BOARD: [J:spades: 10:spades: 9:diamonds:] [9:spades:] [4:hearts:]

big stack on the button, Maori or Pacific islander ...
... folded K:clubs: Q:clubs: on the flop!!

Last edited:
Played some 1/3 on the weekend. Straddle or gay raise, can't recall, then 3-bet to 26, four players see a flop.

FLOP: J:spades: 10:spades: 9:diamonds:

EP bets 75, MP calls, CO shoves ~450. BTN has everyone covered tanks and tanks but folds. EP grimaces and folds. MP calls.

MP: J:diamonds: 9:clubs:
CO: 8:spades: 7:spades:

BOARD: [J:spades: 10:spades: 9:diamonds:] [9:spades:] [4:hearts:]

big stack on the button, Maori or Pacific islander ...
... folded K:clubs: Q:clubs: on the flop!!
lolwhat?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Event 3 - WINTER WARM UP - $150 HYPER TURBO NLHE 10/10/10 (10k,10secs,10mins)

Woohoo! 10 minute levels in a live donkament!

I find the whole satellite situation at Crown really ****ed up. 3-4 satellites every day, most of which will be <15 players, rather than less satellites with a field of up to 100. I remember playing a $240 satellite about 8 years ago and we had over 120 players.

Last edited:
lol ironically the hyper turbo doesnt differentiate from the normal structure all that much

they dont skip any levels, they've added all the levels (75/150, 250/500, 350/700, 450/900 and the same in the thousand and ten thousand levels)

Also considering the 10 second time limit, along with no antes, its reasonable to assume the hyper turbo will see more hands per "level" than the normal strucutre

when I say level, I mean that although the levels will be changing frequently because there are so many added, at the first break the normal tournament ends at 400/800, this one will end at 500/1000, so not much difference at all, and like I said considering the 10second shot clock and no antes so quicker dealing, we could be getting more hands in this than the others. All the while the starting stack is the same

So in the hyper turbo, you could see more hands up to the 400/800 level than you would see in the normal structured events at that time

25 left, I'm just over avg. With the structure I'm no guarantee to finish much higher.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back