Crown Melbourne Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing 1/3 for 30 mins, just parked the car at Crown cos tonight will be chaos on the roads. Arj Barker is 3 to my left. I won my first hand playing the board, other guy mucked LOL.

I'd suggest rail for a bit, watch the game. Get to know the mechanics of playing. as you are new, get used to verbalising CALL or RAISE.

Crown has the Shane Warne Superstack series starting this weekend with $100/$150 events running through the weeknights and a $300 Accumulator Main Event at the end of the week

Each tournament has a $5 or $10 donation to the Shane Warne Foundation in the buyin

I went in for a cash game session last week but faced the same problem I do everytime I go in there, the place just isnt what it used to be.

When the new setup (1/3, 2/4 and 5/5) was implemented I thought one of the games wouldnt survive. It seems really only 1 game has survived and its 2/4. 5/5 only ever seems to have one or two tables running max and 1/3 is severely lacking as well.

The 2/4 tables arent impressive either. Most of the old 2/5 grinders now play there because the 5/5 is so bad, while all the bad 2/3 players now play 1/3 which is unbeatable because of the rake. I cant think of any decision Crown has made in the last couple of years that has benefited the room.

I wish they could run a normal poker room, with a decent 1/2 thats somewhat beatable/breakeven, a 2/5 and a 5/10.

If they feel they need a 1/3 option then have it but I would prefer if it was just 1/2 and 2/5

Plus theres just too many part time grinders in there wearing track pants and talking strat at the table to make the game enjoyable. Guy next to me spent half the time I was there walking around sucking on his smoothie before coming back and taking 13 minutes to play a hand. Too many players treat the room like its their lounge room imo

Haven't been to Crown for months but was planning to play a couple of those Shane Warne tournies next week

Got to agree with your last paragraph Judds, and that's from months back playing those freerolls they had for wsop.

Not to mention the LOUD music that is completely unbearable. I went a couple Saturday nights ago and hated being there. Could barely hear myself think. Foreign pros say they enjoy coming here (to play tournaments). I'm sure they wouldn't be as complimentary if they ever played cash in Melbourne.

Not sure anyone knows how to run a poker room in Australia. Skycity here in Adelaide has the same issues with unbeatable rake and reg infestation. Plus stupid things like 20 seconds to act at all 2/2 tables, which does nothing to speed up 99% of actions and is just annoying on the 1% of the time that you need to tank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played the SWSS Main event tonight, peaked at 35k from 25k starting before losing a big flip for 20k then another flip for the rest

They've actually presented a decent day 1 structure for an event of this size, but it's amazing how they refuse to make a couple of simple changes to make it better. It's insulting to the customers that giving us 500bb starting stacks effects whether people play or not

Scrap the 25/50 level and start at 50/100 and then you can either add a 250/500 level or a 1200/2400 level for day ones or a 2500/5k level for day 2

Not that an extra level deep will make a major difference in the end game of the tournament. Variance in relation to coolers and shorties winning flips etc will always be the determining factor of how long the final few hours of these events go

Also obviously put antes on day 1

There was a megastack? Tournament I played with the same problem, starting with 500bb is pretty pointless.

Though two people got it in on the turn in a limped pot where neither had the nuts so I guess you just cant be too deep.

Playing today, warnie busts on a table near me and pit boss asks if he wants another seat

He says yeah alright and asks for the same seat he was in and of course nobody says no to earnie

Doesn't bother me just found it interesting, wonder if they were breaking any gaming rules allowing it

Swingy day to say the least

25k starting, grinded to 32k then flopped two pair twice and got run down with flushes down to 7k, got AJ>99 aipf and turned an ace to get to around 15k before being grounded down to 10k at 150/300 last hand of level/re enter period I'm in BB, someone opens and gets a call I ship it blind and both call

Board runs out 6c6h7c3d9c and opponents have AK and AQ, I squeeze my first card which is the ace of clubs which is ok and then the 2c giving me the flush and triple back to 30k

After the break get back down to 7k before a series of double ups and coolers and donations, I have 210k at 600/1200

Lost a fair bit with top 2 v bottom set and ended up back down to 70k

Table changed and I then win an Ak>QQ flip and boss around a bit doing lots of stealing etc, back to 230k

Then lose AQ<AT aipf down to 170k, grind back over 200k before bluffing off most of it to end the day at 80k coming back at 2/4

Busted 3rd hand of day 2 aipf with KKs v AQ for 46bb ace in the window

What a waste of a drive in

Playing today, warnie busts on a table near me and pit boss asks if he wants another seat

He says yeah alright and asks for the same seat he was in and of course nobody says no to earnie

Doesn't bother me just found it interesting, wonder if they were breaking any gaming rules allowing it

Re-entry has only recently been bought in to Perth tournaments. Occasionally when I have busted and re-entered they have asked which table I wanted, let alone same or different, which I thought was incredibly wrong for lots and lots of reasons. Usually I just answer whatever, but there was once where I specifically said "new seat" since the old one was the worst in the house by a mile.

Definately not cool in my opinion in general, though I can somewhat understand why they might want S.K Warne on table 31 or 10

Yeah Warney was seated in the same seat today

Yesterday he went from 31 seat 6-7 to seat 10 when he asked after his 3rd or so reentry, then he had 31 seat 10 again today

It would be great if you were on his table but obviously cause I wasnt I would prefer he had a chance of landing on my table

but yeah its obviously bad but forgivable in this instance I guess

JuddsABlue or anyone else.

Played ~6 hrs of $25 crown blackjack on the main gaming floor, immediately followed by another 4 or so hours playing $50ph crown blackjack in the maple room. Bets ranging from min to $300.

What, if anything, am I likely to get out of this seeing as I've never had my play rated before and I'm only a bronze sig club member.

JuddsABlue or anyone else.

Played ~6 hrs of $25 crown blackjack on the main gaming floor, immediately followed by another 4 or so hours playing $50ph crown blackjack in the maple room. Bets ranging from min to $300.

What, if anything, am I likely to get out of this seeing as I've never had my play rated before and I'm only a bronze sig club member.

lol thats a decent binge

Knowing how lazy crown staff are, depending on how many times you ventured into the 300 range they were probably ignored unless you brought it up with them "whats my average bet dealer?" will usually force them into action

The crown club works on credits, 1 credit is 450 points within a week, to get silver you need 5 credits within 6 months, gold is 25 credits within 6 months (teak room), platinum (mahogony room) is 150 credits in 6 months

Im not a massive blackjack player but I know volume is key so if you were sitting at the table and playing as long as you say you were you should earn a few credits. Someone told me that $30 min for a full hour is worth about 1 credit, so if you're $25ing for 6 hours I would think you would draw a couple of credits from that, then then maybe a couple more from the $50min session

You can check by putting your card in the VIK machine in Crown and it will tell you how many credits you've earned

You'll also crack up free table play, no idea how much you wouldve got but I'll set the line it about $50~

In saying all this I dont really play blackjack in Crown and theyve recently gone through some changes and I havent been getting what I would expect (playing craps) so im not sure if theres been a change or just some lazy dealers not regging my play

Silver is great for free parking, Gold is great for free underground parking basically 24/7 especially weekends and also $40 worth of free drinks in the teak room per day if you're ever there before/after footy etc. Platinum is great but nearly impossible to get for general gamblers, you need a really heavy 6 months and a big bankroll

I was gold for 2 years but didnt get enough credits in the last 6 month period (didnt even get close, had something like 6 credits) but was given Gold again for another 6 month period which was nice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back