Crows Sneak Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by thehardaway

Sorry you didnt answer MY question either. :rolleyes:
Or do you need to go back to primary school?

Fact of the matter is Geelong are a good team, who SHOULD have beaten Adelaide today. We didn't its another loss. Time to focus on next week.

Primary School? :confused: :confused:

Gee, that was a relaly good one..... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by gocatsgo
What's the count got to do with anything?

It doesn't matter what it was, the fact remains they missed 4 blatent frees in the Geelong forward line in the last quarter that cost Geelong the game and maybe cost them a finals spot

There's no telling what a result like this will do to such a young teams confidence

You sir, are making a fool of yourself.

You come out and blame the umpires for crucifying you, yet you have 6 more free kicks on the day, and then try to argue that it's irrelevant?

Talk about a sore loser!

Yes Cowboy we are playing above ourselves, at the moment. Unfortunately bad kicking has possibly cost us today, but everything balances out Geelong won two games that we were lucky to win against the Roos and Swans and lost two games that we should have won against the bulldogs and Crows.

It could be a good thing, The media might realise that when Mark Thompson say that he is not mentioning finals he is justified.

the run home
v Kangaroos ss
v St.Kilda (cs)
v Freo (s)
v Brisbane (ss)
v Hawthorn (cs)

It is a lot easier than some teams, but 3 of Geelong's Bogey Teams are there.

And the worst of all paying advantgae to gazza when there clearly wasn't any

I notice you aren't whining about the non-advantage call paid when the geelong player was running into an open goal and then proceeded to kicka point. It was clearly a sitauation where adv should have been called and luckily for your side it wasn't.

I'm not trying to pick an argument, but when Rohan Connolly uses the word 'Controversial' when describing a Geelong match, then you get the feeling there is a point to it.

I've got no doubt if you watch "on the couch' AND 'Talking footy' and read ALL the papers tomorrow, they won't be talking about Primus' kick to beat your mob!

Dave. correct another blatantly WRONG decision

Originally posted by Deestroy

You could use some grammar help, i.e. didnt, its. Also, when you said Geelong are a good team, it should have read Geelong is a good team. You really want to be picky over a one letter typo??

Actually, if I remember rightly, CFH started attacking OUR team first. If you want to be picky, I can pick up a lack of quotation marks when quoting me.

Simple fact is everyone has been waiting for Geelong to lose to start the usual crap. We lost. It happens. A game we should have won? Yes indeed.

Originally posted by bluecrow

HAHA. 4 free kicks? Where? And what about the ones you got and shouldn't have? Or the ones that weren't given to us? Like that dog Mooney (?) getting stuck into Goodwin (btw he should be reported for that). It all evens out.

Goodwin DID get a free for that. And reported for what exactly.

I'm not trying to pick an argument, but when Rohan Connolly uses the word 'Controversial' when describing a Geelong match, then you get the feeling there is a point to it.

I've got no doubt if you watch "on the couch' AND 'Talking footy' and read ALL the papers tomorrow, they won't be talking about Primus' kick to beat your mob!

Connolly is almost as big an idiot as you are - almost!

Why would they talk about his goal? It wasn't after the siren. We had a chance to clinch it and it didn't fall our way.

And I'm sure your woeful kicking will be mentioned alot more than these phantom "free kicks!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, one that went in your favour. Quite happy to take that but not those that didn't eh? If you're good enopugh you win regardless of the umps. Stop whining.

Originally posted by thehardaway
I don't see why we should be blaming the umpires, when we had 12 more scoring shots.

Well go and explain that to the idiot who keeps blaming your loss on it then!

Re: Re: Crows Sneak Home

Originally posted by Macca19
I think Mr Ayres might be saying goodbye to 1 or 2 grande after screaming out F**k You 5 times to the Cats fans in front of him.

Grand!No he won't be, they deserved it.5 times?

You don't mind losing when its fair and above board - But this was bordering on an inept display from those White maggots.

It was the most important game of the round and they bring down three incompetents that wouldn't know how to umpire in such a situation.

You can handle losing - You can't handle being robbed by something out of your control

Weren't they all Victorian?

Even a Cows supporter would realise they weren't the best team out there and simply won on defualt.

Quite simply if Geelong don't deserve to be in the top 4, then neither do Adelaide - They simply aren't good enough

The best side was robbed, pure and simple

Awwwwwww:p

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell

You sir, are making a fool of yourself.

You come out and blame the umpires for crucifying you, yet you have 6 more free kicks on the day, and then try to argue that it's irrelevant?
Not as much relevence as my IQ of 2.

Talk about a sore loser!

Do you have any idea about football or mathematics?
Explain to me how if a free kick tally should be 28 - 8 and it ends up being 15-9 (ie one team was jipped out of 13 free kicks and the other team got 1 more than it should have) how the result has nothing to do with the umpires?
And this explanation doesnt even take into account advantages that were/were not paid that cost goals.
Sheesh!

Someones looking stupid here mate and it aint the Geelong supporters your baiting, BTW did you even watch the game?
I hope for your sake you didnt.

cheers

Geelong deserved to win. They didn't.

If both teams played like that 100 times, Geelong would win 95 of them. Today was one of the 5.

Fancy scoring 18 times to 30 and winning. One of the most undeserved home and away wins I have EVER seen. Bit like Essendon's lucky win over Carlton in 1994 (we won 9.9.63 to 7.20.62 and were killed all game), Geelong were robbed, and were terribly unlucky.

An injustice, considering how much they dominated the match.

Originally posted by RoosterWedgie

Do you have any idea about football or mathematics?
Explain to me how if a free kick tally should be 28 - 8 and it ends up being 15-9 (ie one team was jipped out of 13 free kicks and the other team got 1 more than it should have) how the result has nothing to do with the umpires?
And this explanation doesnt even take into account advantages that were/were not paid that cost goals.
Sheesh!

Someones looking stupid here mate and it aint the Geelong supporters your baiting, BTW did you even watch the game?
I hope for your sake you didnt.

cheers

I did happen to watch most of the game, and on occasions both sides seemed to be "jipped" out of a few free kicks.

But blaming a loss on it is utter rubbish. You still didn't win, and like someone said before, if your a good side you should win regardless. Saying it should have been 28-8 is outrageous. Talk about being biased.

I wouldn't say I was looking stupid at all, unless you call pointing out facts looking stupid. You my good man, are the stupid one here.

Nice to see you changed my quote thingy too.....really mature... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dan26

If both teams played like that 100 times, Geelong would win 95 of them. Today was one of the 5.

Fancy scoring 18 times to 30 and winning. One of the most undeserved home and away wins I have EVER seen. Bit like Essendon's lucky win over Carlton in 1994 (we won 9.9.63 to 7.20.62 and were killed all game), Geelong were robbed, and were terribly unlucky.

It's Geelong's own fault Dan, they couldn't kick straight. You don't deserve to win if you can't put it through the big sticks!

Sorry Dan dear, but how is poor coversion "unlucky"? As I always say - you make your own luck and with 12 more scoring shots Geelong most certainly had the opportunity to win that game. I only watched a small bit of the match but from what I saw and have heard it was the strong pressure put on by Adelaide that won the game

No Dan, they didn't. Throwing away the hard work by kicking atricously forfeitied any "right" to win. Accuracy is as much a skill as getting the footy, just becuase you have one and not the other doesn't mean you "deserved" to win.

Bad kicking's bad footy. They've no-one to blame but themselves. And as much as they dominated, there's only one place it counts, on the scoreboard, where they didn't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back