Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chadstone vs Masala 15 points
North Bruns vs Sth Mornington 45 points
Canterbury vs Parkside 60 points
Box Hill North vs Mt.Lilydale 20 points
Manningham vs Point Cook 5 points

Hell I barely know these teams so won't do reserves tips, just keen to play this week. Apparently Point Cook are a pretty good side so good test firs tup.

Wowee this has certainly been an interesting off season with the new season's addition bringing along a new set of "Characters". It certainly appears that the division will be more competitive off the field at least. As I said last year I am not affiliated with any team currently, just love grass roots footy and have had a keen interest in D4. Was a fantastic comp last year, and looks like will be tight this year. I have played D4 and D3 in the past, and my views may be tainted by previous interactions (see below)!

My 20c worth for what its worth. Westbourne and Canterbury should be the best of last years remainders as both were super competitive in patches and with an inch of luck (Canterbury at least) could have been in D3. Manningham appear to have had an interesting off season, and depends on the quality of "ins" whether they will tread water, improve or drown. Point Cook will also be a danger. Box Hill North have a home ground advantage that should see them if not finals, then very close, but for me seem to rely on their top end talent more than others. North Brunswick, upper mid ladder I think, showed glimpses last year. South Mornington hopefully continue their slide into irrelevance, other than Hawthorn a less likeable crew you will travel miles to find. Parkside, the big unknown, will be very disappointing if they come in and dominate. No free kicks should be given to a club that turned its back on the VAFA, and when it got too tough, wants back in. Should have been either made to field two club 18 sides or filled the breach in D2 or D1 that had a side leave (if too tough a comp, bad luck two years of whoopings would have them in correct grade). Masala and Mt Lilydale, good luck to them, have both done their time and feel ready to return/embark as genuine clubs. But can't see them causing too much trouble for the top few. Chadstone in celebration year, have to get better, 3-4 wins is achievable this year, and their 2's actually put some competitive games out last year.

A final 6 is great in a division where there is no relegation, should keep the season open for longer:

My guess

Westbourne
Canterbury

Parkside
Box Hill North
North Brunswick
Manningham
Point Cook
(above in no particular order)

Sth Mornington
Chadstone
Masala
Mt Lilydale
(again in no particular order)

Rd 1 tips Seniors
Chadstone V Masala 24 points
Nth Brunny V Sth Mornington 145 points
Canterbury V Parkside 7 points
Box Hill Nth V Mt.Lilydale 45 points
Point Cook V Manningham 25 points
Westbourne

Rd 1 tips Reserves
Chadstone V Masala 8 points
Nth Brunny V Sth Mornington 125 points
Canterbury V Parkside 18 points
Box Hill Nth V Mt.Lilydale 15 points
Point Cook V Manningham 25 points
Westbourne

Apologies for length, that will be it for me other than tips.

Good luck to all and hope it is a ripping season.

Chadstone will never see a win in senior footy ever again. a bit of luck the will fold. there captain dave bennett is a ******* goose. I HOPE MASALA GIVES THEM A NICE WELCOME.
Don't you have somewhere better than bigfooty to be a troll?? And I'm not even affiliated with Chadstone, you're just wasting time mate.

Talk in D3 of maybe taking Sth Mornington back up to remove byes? Thoughts?
Another option bring Hawthorn back? Also removes byes.
Neither viable really this close to season start.

Talk in D3 of maybe taking Sth Mornington back up to remove byes? Thoughts?
Another option bring Hawthorn back? Also removes byes.
Neither viable really this close to season start.

Think this late the only viable option is to have a bye in div 3, with two up and one down at the end of the year.

Hopefully they (SFX) are back next year.

Its not ideal, but it is the best of a bad situation.

Westbourne
Manningham
Canterbury
Point Cook
Box Hill North
North Brunswick
-----------------------------
South Mornington
Parkside
Chadstone
Mt Lillydale
Masala

It will take us i reckon 2-3 rounds to show if the top 2 are ahead of the pack, tough not seeing Westbourne's outfit first round
i would suggest they make sneak around to another game, got My lillydale first but but that would be a hell of a drive two weeks in a row just to suss them out.

GAME OF THE ROUND:

Point Cook V Manningham

Chadstone def Masala by 21 points chaddy is a late charge
Nth Brun def Sth Mornington 80 points boys to get it done
Parkside def canterbury 26 points upset win over everyone's most disliked bunch in the comp
Box Hill Nth def Mt.Lilydale 15 points prob match of the round
Point Cook def Manningham 45 points Big step for PC this year
Westbourne (Bye)

I heard daniall cook from chadstone won't be putting his head over the ball again this year. couldn't even get a game in surrey parks ressies back in the day. when surrey didn't win a game for years. pumps weights all for show.

Hey knackers,

It's great to see a bloke who has done nothing in his football career have so much to say...
It's very easy to take pot shots over big footy, facebook and Twitter.... Bit tougher to actually do it face to face, oh maybe some Grog and your alright so I have heard.

A lot of people have put it and dedicated years of their life helping and working at chaddy.

On the real issues; its great to see so many people backing us to win some games this year, our 50th year, more sponsors then ever, lots of positives and actually a lot of passion and pride from the guys so far.... We aren't gonna take the comp by storm, but expect more consistency.

We might of lost Nick Boothman, which will be a loss, but we have picked up a lot of steady players again... And added two past BnF winners who have come out of retirement for the 50th year.

See you out on the ground.

Keith (Bill) Biggs

Last edited by a moderator:
Without any real reasons with plenty of unknowns amongst this group - Round 1

Masala vs Chadstone
South Mornington vs North Brunswick
Box Hill North vs Mt.Lilydale
Manningham vs Point Cook
Parkside vs Canterbury
Westbourne - Bye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'm tipping there's about 440 blokes who played in the grade today who are as sunburnt and sore as I am...

Worst bit was trying to put sunscreen on after doing a warmup, was sweating like a pig and barely any of it stayed on.

Interesting couple games at Manningham yesterday, both teams pretty scrappy in the reserves as you'd expect, in the firsts we just got completely overran in the last quarter. Need a much more consistent performance next week against Chadstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back