Damaged Reps in the Media/Journalistic Domain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Shame File:

Chip LeGrand
Rohan Connolly
Robbo
San Newman
Bruce Francis
Tim Watson
Graham Cornes
Alan Jones

Others???

These dudes have stained their reputations badly. Horribly. Their bias and irrational angle left no doubts that they were either stupid and ignorant and/or compromised by Essendon/the AFL.
I've included Bruce Francis in there, cause his comedic role in this and what he does next is definitely worthy of discussion.

Gold Star:

Damian Barrett
Rebecca Wilson
Caroline Wilson (to a degree)
Patrick Smith
Dave Culbert

I always thought Barrett was an utter jerk. But he needs kudos for effectively breaking the story that no one wanted to touch, and sticking to his guns.
He sat there and was ridiculed by Sam Newman each week but maintained the rage - albeit in a rational and professional way.

Last edited:

Shame File:

Chip LeGrand
Rohan Connolly
Robbo
San Newman
Bruce Francis
Tim Watson
Graham Cornes
Alan Jones

Others???

These dudes have stained their reputations badly. Horribly. Their bias and irrational angle left no doubts that they were either stupid and ignorant and/or compromised by Essendon/the AFL.
I've included Bruce Francis in there, cause his comedic role in this and what he does next is definitely worthy of discussion.

Gold Star:

Damian Barrett
Rebecca Wilson
Patrick Smith
Dave Culbert

I always thought Barrett was an utter jerk. But he needs kudos for effectively breaking the story that no one wanted to touch, and sticking to his guns.
He sat there and was ridiculed by Sam Newman each week but maintained the rage - albeit in a rational and professional way.
I agree, Barrett went hard at it, but he was spot on.

Barrett is one who definitely went up in my estimation. Doesn't play the AFL boys' club game. Caroline Wilson I have stylistic problems with, especially her use of the word 'so', but she also overall went up in my estimation.

Barrett is one who definitely went up in my estimation. Doesn't play the AFL boys' club game. Caroline Wilson I have stylistic problems with, especially her use of the word 'so', but she also overall went up in my estimation.
Barrett is a bit of a flog with his "personal views" against teams. But any news or the process, he sticks by and is pretty much spot on all the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about law lecturer to the stars- Martin Hardie???

Deakin Law is alongside Harvard and Oxford as institutions now...

Given this clown was providing advise to various parties at Essendon I think his rantings were probably the biggest insight into what the mind set was in the bunker. I wonder how many in the shame file were being briefed by him.

roco.jpg

One Essendon personality who has gone up in my opinion is Lloydy. He has more reasons than most to be biased but if he was it never really showed.

Apparently he was so shocked by the verdict that he drove home to his old place instead of his new house.

That could also be due to his perceived lack of intelligence though.

One Essendon personality who has gone up in my opinion is Lloydy. He has more reasons than most to be biased but if he was it never really showed.

Apparently he was so shocked by the verdict that he drove home to his old place instead of his new house.

That could also be due to his perceived lack of intelligence though.
WTF are you on lol

Shame File:

Chip LeGrand
Rohan Connolly
Robbo
San Newman
Bruce Francis
Tim Watson
Graham Cornes
Alan Jones

Others???

Gold Star:

Damian Barrett
Rebecca Wilson
Patrick Smith
Dave Culbert

Newman is the biggest casualty of this saga, his constant ranting and raving was the efforts of a senile man with nothing better to do.

He slagged off all of the authorities and refused to accept that anything illegal had occurred.

Are we really condemning people for what is essentially an extension of their opinion?

OP is on the same level as the multitude of Herald Sun comments section posters that have appeared since Tuesday.

For me, Watson and Connolly have lost a lot of face. Connolly is a deent journo so when he went full Robbo a few times it was a terrible look. Watson for sitting wide eyed on TV and running an agenda was shameful.

Agree that Watson is unable to comment without his Essendon bias shining through.

However, I'll give him credit for actually admitting that Hird had a lot to answer for on the Ch 7 panel show Tuesday night. First time I'd heard him say anything along these lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back