List Mgmt. Dan Richardson Project - 2014 Uncontracted Players

Who should we keep?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i very much disagree here! i have seen each VFL game at Punt Rd this year and each time i have seen him play he's kicked across the backline (def 50 arc) to a 2 on 1 and turned the ball over costing us a Goal, i can't count how many times he's done this...... i'd think he'll be delisted at the end of the year. i am actually baffled that T.Clarke has said in "The VFL report" that he's been playing well when he's been turning the ball over in the same way each week.
Clarke will rarely say anything truly bad about the players in the articles on the RFC site. The worse you'll ever get is we expect more.

It's his decision making that let's him down. Reports the last 2 weeks have said he's improved dramatically in this regard.
definitely true and that is the main issue i referred to, but i have not seen much from him thats impressed me at all really. he's hard at the ball but it's a worry when he gets the ball

Clarke will rarely say anything truly bad about the players in the articles on the RFC site. The worse you'll ever get is we expect more.
have noticed the same, tho he can't openly criticise them in the media. no doubt it's a different story behind closed doors

definitely true and that is the main issue i referred to, but i have not seen much from him thats impressed me at all really. he's hard at the ball but it's a worry when he gets the ball
IMO he's a nice kick but his decision making has been awful. I think his toughness is something we have lacked.
I've always liked him though and he's starting to put it together. Question is whether it's too late to do it now. Is 3 weeks enough? Possibly not. Personally rather keep him than say Arnot who I just don't see making it.

It's kinda hard to say who exactly, and how many (obviously must be a minimum of 3), but first off I would DEFINITELY keep Newman.
I think at his current best he is still a very good player and is just a little off that at present. Also, he is the most experienced player at the club and we can't undervalue his leadership and how he might help younger players (like our young captain for example) feel more assured. I reckon he is marginally still best 22 anyway, given our list.

King is gone so that's 1, immediately Miles will replace him. In addition I'd probably be getting rid of Arnot, O'Hanlon, Helbig, A.Edwards and McIntosh. Keep Dea just in case Batchelor goes down, but Batch is definitely the better player and he is best 22 for mine with his intercept marks and left boot.
I think draft 4 kids, anyone we take would already be close to if not better than the standard of the players we are delisting, I'd reckon.
And chase after one trade/free-agent. Who though I have no idea.. Maybe a kid from GWS or someone like Garlett from Carlton who could be rejuvenated at the Tiges and add some pace/danger to our wings and forward line.

All said and done, 9 straight and finals OR finishing 9th, been great watching the resurgence this year and it's given me massive hope for next year and 2016 even moreso, whatever dent we make or don't make in September 2014.

Cheers from the land of the rising yet recently missing sun behind a shitty grey sky in the middle of friggen summer!

We have 2 x spots on the main list that we didnt use this year - used them as rookie picks. Maybe we she use full complement of main list this year and keep arnot and helbig. I actually think newman, king, edwards, and knights should retire and we keep 2 or 3 of arnot, helbig or o'hanlon for at least 1 more year. Cant believe we signed knights for 3 years - totally unnecessary as we were weren't competing for him. Edwards should have been signed up as a rookie not a main listed senior player. Like knights he was delisted or at least going to b.
The reason w e do this is to have the whole of the tpp we used of 38 players instead of 40, more money on less players. By using these 2 extras we may have to have more rookie players to compensate.

have noticed the same, tho he can't openly criticise them in the media. no doubt it's a different story behind closed doors
I'd say so, similar to Dimma, never really says anything bad about the players in public but would definitely give them direct honest feedback.

I believe Newman if he wants to play on next year, will. I doubt we will delist him if he wanted to go around again IMO.

The players I think will either be traded or delisted would be...

• Aaron Edwards
  • Bard Helbig - IMO he will be rookied either by us or Brisbane
  • Todd Elton- I know he is a tall and we are trying to make him a defender but my gut is saying he is gone.
  • Matt Arnot- Just not getting a crack with us. Has back issues but we will cut him. Again I would not be surprised if he plays for the bears next year.
  • Brett O'Hanlon- Has had enough time to grab a spot, has not. Gone.

I believe Newman if he wants to play on next year, will. I doubt we will delist him if he wanted to go around again IMO.

Gale was very uncommital on AW last right re: Newman

They asked if he was playing on next year, and he said it was a decision the list management team needed to make in the off season

They asked "didn't he recently say he wanted to play on next year?". Gale then ummed and ahhed, finally saying he was a player with a lot of respect within the club, and a proper decision would be made in the off season

I don't think a decision has been made, but the way he wasnt willing to back the "if he wants to play, he plays" line, I think the hard call will be made if we don't think he's up for it

Gale was very uncommital on AW last right re: Newman

They asked if he was playing on next year, and he said it was a decision the list management team needed to make in the off season

They asked "didn't he recently say he wanted to play on next year?". Gale then ummed and ahhed, finally saying he was a player with a lot of respect within the club, and a proper decision would be made in the off season

I don't think a decision has been made, but the way he wasnt willing to back the "if he wants to play, he plays" line, I think the hard call will be made if we don't think he's up for it
I still think he just wants 250. Our depth is almost at the point where good players won't always be selected on game day, going to be a lot of interesting conversations about favourites when that happens. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think he just wants 250. Our depth is almost at the point where good players won't always be selected on game day, going to be a lot of interesting conversations about favourites when that happens. ;)

Not sure about that, but I also think he's similar to King

Despite what some here think, I believe if he doesn't see himself adding value to the team, he will hang them up. When Ive heard him speak he's never grabbed me as the type of guy who is just in it for the money

Not sure about that, but I also think he's similar to King

Despite what some here think, I believe if he doesn't see himself adding value to the team, he will hang them up. When Ive heard him speak he's never grabbed me as the type of guy who is just in it for the money
Could also be a legacy thing, while he played finals he never won one, may not want to be remembered for that. Stranger things have gone through peoples heads. If he's going on next year, it should be for bottom dollar, potentially topped up with coaching dollars.

With King gone I wonder how long Jackson will stick around. This year wasn't great for him (with so many injuries) and he's probably not going to achieve much more from himself on field.

Could also be a legacy thing, while he played finals he never won one, may not want to be remembered for that. Stranger things have gone through peoples heads. If he's going on next year, it should be for bottom dollar, potentially topped up with coaching dollars.

With King gone I wonder how long Jackson will stick around. This year wasn't great for him (with so many injuries) and he's probably not going to achieve much more from himself on field.

agree on if he goes around, it will be on low wages. Why I get angry when people here say he's a paracite sucking money from the club - we have had a few of them at RFC, but he just doesn't come across as that type

Jacko will be interesting - has the belief now, but does he have the fire?

i very much disagree here! i have seen each VFL game at Punt Rd this year and each time i have seen him play he's kicked across the backline (def 50 arc) to a 2 on 1 and turned the ball over costing us a Goal, i can't count how many times he's done this...... i'd think he'll be delisted at the end of the year. i am actually baffled that T.Clarke has said in "The VFL report" that he's been playing well when he's been turning the ball over in the same way each week.
Majorly wrong.
Has been a completely different player the last month and has eradicated those types of mistakes.
Definitely worth keeping Helbig.

agree on if he goes around, it will be on low wages. Why I get angry when people here say he's a paracite sucking money from the club - we have had a few of them at RFC, but he just doesn't come across as that type

Jacko will be interesting - has the belief now, but does he have the fire?

Rumours of Jacko retiring have been circulating since mid season.

Happy for him to go around again, but i'm also happy to trade him to GWS or Melbourne so he gets one last very good payday and we get something in return, maybe a Trengove or WHE with draft picks changing hands.

He is such a great leader and character to have around a club and both those clubs should be making a guy like him top priority. GWS won't Melbourne might with Roosy

The players I think will either be traded or delisted would be...

• Aaron Edwards
  • Bard Helbig - IMO he will be rookied either by us or Brisbane
  • Todd Elton- I know he is a tall and we are trying to make him a defender but my gut is saying he is gone.
  • Matt Arnot- Just not getting a crack with us. Has back issues but we will cut him. Again I would not be surprised if he plays for the bears next year.
  • Brett O'Hanlon- Has had enough time to grab a spot, has not. Gone.
Does this mean Darrou might get upgraded or we will look to the draft for a KPD?

Personally I think Darrou is gone. He has not done enough in my mind to be on the senior list. Now i love the kid and I am being brutal here but he has had enough chances IMO
Might man we go after a kid like Goddard with our first pick as we will be a little thin for KPD's?

I had a dream Grigg retired this morning.

retired or traded. If he does not pull his finger out and give a Ellis like performance week in and week out, he will go the way of Hampson and be depth player only to be used if the plague strikes our club or till his contract runs out..One thing with Dimma, he can go cold and quickly with players that used to be his favorite...Nahas anyone ?

retired or traded. If he does not pull his finger out and give a Ellis like performance week in and week out, he will go the way of Hampson and be depth player only to be used if the plague strikes our club or till his contract runs out..One thing with Dimma, he can go cold and quickly with players that used to be his favorite...Nahas anyone ?

Do you rekon he will keep his spot if he keeps doing well in the tagging role?

Do you rekon he will keep his spot if he keeps doing well in the tagging role?

Don't know, we had him tagging before but it failed. Grigg believes he is a gun, I call it the Mitch farmer syndrome. So as a tagger he tries to "hurt" his man by going the other way so at times plays to lose as a tagger imo. Now Grigg has played good games for us but much like jackson, as our depth and talent improves, he will get passed over.

I cant wait till the day comes when limited footballers with one or two good talents are no longer starting 22 players.

Back