Vic Daniel Andrews Retires, Undefeated

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt I'll ever understand why some love the 'angry dad' poor money management style of leadership only Dan can provide to infect federal politics.

I suspect voters in other states won't be as forgiving of his faults on election day. Either way, I'm more than happy to put the ALP last behind One Nation again if it happens.

Doubt I'll ever understand why some love the 'angry dad' poor money management style of leadership only Dan can provide to infect federal politics.

I suspect voters in other states won't be as forgiving of his faults on election day. Either way, I'm more than happy to put the ALP last behind One Nation again if it happens.

You think voters in other states will be thinking about Andrews when casting votes in their own state or next federal election?! 🤔😲😆

Time for another victory lap?

The man was a visionary.
“Power for people, not profit”. That was Dan’s spin for the rebirth of the SEC. And voters fell for it! A promise of the government handing over $1B to the SEC to create 4.5gigawatts of renewable energy, the creation of 59,000 jobs, cheaper power, and emissions cut by 80%.

The first project, a battery farm, has used $245M of the $1B, and has created - wait for it - 155 jobs.

And now the Allan government has reneged on the election promise of the SEC taking a majority stake in each project. Remember Dan promised to bring back “government ownership of energy generation”

As the editor of The Age says, Looks like new SEC is too good to be true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Victorian government approved a secret taxpayer-funded bailout of Tennis Australia on the eve of the last state election, just four months before record crowds flooded back to Melbourne Park for last year’s bumper Australian Open.

The previously undisclosed “solvency and cash flow support” payment of up to $63 million, approved by Treasurer Tim Pallas on September 1, 2022, was purportedly made so that Tennis Australia could pay its bills after its cash reserves were depleted by the additional cost of staging successive tournaments during the pandemic, documents obtained under freedom-of-information laws reveal.

The contingency was approved about the same time the government forgave a $40 million loan made to Tennis Australia in February 2021 to cover additional costs at the height of the pandemic.

The Victorian government approved a secret taxpayer-funded bailout of Tennis Australia on the eve of the last state election, just four months before record crowds flooded back to Melbourne Park for last year’s bumper Australian Open.

The previously undisclosed “solvency and cash flow support” payment of up to $63 million, approved by Treasurer Tim Pallas on September 1, 2022, was purportedly made so that Tennis Australia could pay its bills after its cash reserves were depleted by the additional cost of staging successive tournaments during the pandemic, documents obtained under freedom-of-information laws reveal.

The contingency was approved about the same time the government forgave a $40 million loan made to Tennis Australia in February 2021 to cover additional costs at the height of the pandemic.

And yet we hear TA treat the govt and the trust like lepers

These people let the commonwealth games go but oh no we must save Tennis Australis rolls eyes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back