Rumour Daniel Hannebery

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't his friendship with Buddy be influencing him in some way? I mean he just left his footy club and mates to secure his financial future. It wouldn't surprise me if they have had a discussion around Hannebery needing to look after himself first and foremost as your footy career is short.... Much like Buddy has done himself.

Anyway I hope the kid decides to stay but if not we should get pretty good currency for him. His best footy is definitely ahead of him so I hope he stays.

I'd rather get rid of Franklin before Hannebery

"Execution style boys"

I keep reading about the gun crime in Sydney but has it really come to this!!! Maybe offer the player for a trade but please don't get rid of them! Oh the humanity...

"Execution style boys"

I keep reading about the gun crime in Sydney but has it really come to this!!! Maybe offer the player for a trade but please don't get rid of them! Oh the humanity...

Well i am just saying. If this 'rumour' is right, it's the type of thing people feared when we signed Franklin, that it would put the squeeze on some of the younger guys like Hannebery etc.

Personally thought that we'd found the right mix after adding Tippett. But Franklin seems a bit excessive considering we've lost a bit of balance in the side with Mumford leaving. Pyke isn't up to it for me as a Number 1 ruck, whilst he complemented Mumford beautifully. Derickx is just a travesty, he has a dip, but that's about it.

Well i am just saying. If this 'rumour' is right, it's the type of thing people feared when we signed Franklin, that it would put the squeeze on some of the younger guys like Hannebery etc.

Personally thought that we'd found the right mix after adding Tippett. But Franklin seems a bit excessive considering we've lost a bit of balance in the side with Mumford leaving. Pyke isn't up to it for me as a Number 1 ruck, whilst he complemented Mumford beautifully. Derickx is just a travesty, he has a dip, but that's about it.
At the end of the day the trades have occurred. Franklin is here and we saw some of his potential against Adelaide. The Hanners rumour is just that, a rumour - and could be no more than an echo of rumours that spread like wildfire in the days after Buddy was signed. Some of this forum have been dirty about this signing since the day it was announced, but at some point, we need to bury our misgivings and back the team. They cannot un-sign him.

Would Mummy have left otherwise? We do not know. I heard a rumour he was headed to Waverley Park, so I'm glad that never happened. Could we have matched the GWS offer? Possibly. Would it have been wise? Definitely not.

Derickx has played 4 games. It is far too early to pass judgment. Had we been as brutal on Pykey he may not be playing today. Pyke's lack of skill was glaringly obvious when he first played, but Stephen Taubert has developed him to the point that he is our number 1 ruck. Should he be? Who knows, but sniping at the club doesn't help, and it doesn't look good. We are not Carlton supporters ffs.

Should Tony Abbott be PM? Arguably no, but he is.

Couldn't his friendship with Buddy be influencing him in some way? I mean he just left his footy club and mates to secure his financial future. It wouldn't surprise me if they have had a discussion around Hannebery needing to look after himself first and foremost as your footy career is short.... Much like Buddy has done himself.

Anyway I hope the kid decides to stay but if not we should get pretty good currency for him. His best footy is definitely ahead of him so I hope he stays.

Then again, hannebry may see the scrutiny that buddy is under and think to himself why put myself through that for a couple of extra dollars . Yes he doesn't have the profile buddy has but he still has a bad boy reputation and that will only be magnified of he decided to go to melbourne

I really hope the rumours aren't true, but if a club is willing to offer him a huge pay day, and he's not enjoying his footy at the swans then there's really no reason for him to stay.

So am I to assume that the club will trade for him then extend his contract and offer him a lot more money in the new deal? Cause if he's contracted until 2016 I don't see how else this "chasing money" could be achieved.

And Soph, don't worry about people's comments, if you've heard something on the grapevine that may have some substance to it I'm sure most fans would like to hear it. Whether positive or negative.

Yup like i posted its a rumour i heard...found it interesting...if you can hack it don't read it or post but I'm happy to read ur opinion at the same time The KJ rumour i heard was just about him maybe moving to melbourne to another team for $$$ but i brushed that one pretty fast...hes a pretty big NSW boy...family & friends up here would be a big move i guess

If Hannas has broken up with his girlfriend has anybody even considered that this is what is affecting his play? A break up is a very emotional time and if he is the one who got the push he might be going through depression, feelings of inadequacy, lack of confidence, low energy levels. Even if he was the one who broke it up he may be doubting himself and feel guilty for doing so. Break ups cause more upheaval in a person's work and personal life than people give credit for. Everyone of us is human and our emotions still rule our minds in many circumstances.

i heard a rumour he could play footy yet to see much evidence this season.

Will watch him with interest this year, if he wants out then he must believe he can reduce his value a hell of a lot and make it easier to be given a trade.

I think the concern about Hanneberry is a over the top. His season last year was good, but it was based on a series 7-8 really good games rather than being consistent all year. Personally, I think people have overrated where he was at in his career.

For the record, I wasn't having a go at Soph for posting the thread. I'm a big supporter of discussion & debate on here be it positive or negative. I'm not so blind to see that all supporters must be positive all the time however comments attacking the players or the club are in bad taste IMO. Constructive or crtical analysis over some of the more emotion-based/basless comments that have been occuring lately (imo) are more what I'd like to see.

I just feel that since the injuries hit late last year a lot of that negativity hasn't really stopped. Even getting Buddy was combined with a heap of negative comments which IMO don't support the club.

Anyway, as supporters we support. That's what we do & is our role at the club. Soph is one of the best at doing this. I hope you can all see that I in no way was indicating otherwise.

Hoping Dan can bounce back this week because we really need him. I know he's got another purple patch of form just around the corner somewhere, hopefully he gets around to it soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know about the Hanners rumours, but what I do know (from observations & interviews with himself & others who know him) is that he's a very proud individual, and a very driven one. He knows he's down on form, and not having the impact he should be having. You can see it when he's walking off the field at the end of quarters etc. He needs a bit of a rocket, his teammates might be having shockers, but he's one of our players who is capable of stepping up and lifting the whole team. It's time for him to stand up and lead from the front. We'll learn a lot about his mental fortitude with how he responds to these challenges.

There's no doubt that he likes to have a good time outside of footy, and that's fair enough. It's his personality, he goes hard on the field (when at his best) and he probably goes hard off it.

He will find that spark, I expect him to have a blinder against Freo.

If he is leaving at the end of the year, then I fully expect him to continue his poor form, and have a couple of blinders against easier opponents. To fight back from where we are at as a team, it requires everyone to buy in and give 100%. If he doesn't respond, I'd say he's as good as gone, he's too good a player to continue putting in the performances he has been.

Next few games will be interesting, and I'll be watching intently.

Look I'm not one to jump the gun over things i hear but i did find this very interesting
I was at a mates place a few weeks back who was telling me that Dan is looking at chasing money down in Melbourne at the years end...i don't know when his contract is till but i found that interesting as he's putting in no effort and there are all these off field rumours that he's having just a little too much "FUN"

I also heard that he's recently broken up with his Girl friend as well...maybe she didn't like his partying ways

Like i said all just a rumour but could be a reason as to why he's not the player he used to be

The way he is playing the only money he will be chasing will be at Crown. More efforts like we are seeing and his stock will continue to drop.

This type of scenario is the new age whether we like it or not and is exactly what the AFLPA wanted with free agency. We have been lucky enough to take advantage of circumstances in the last couple of years to attract opposition players so it's not inconcevible that we will lose players, let's be honest it started last year even before we signed buddy the mummy was shopping himself around for a big $$ and long term deal.

This type of scenario is the new age whether we like it or not and is exactly what the AFLPA wanted with free agency. We have been lucky enough to take advantage of circumstances in the last couple of years to attract opposition players so it's not inconcevible that we will lose players, let's be honest it started last year even before we signed buddy the mummy was shopping himself around for a big $$ and long term deal.

Due to the fact the Swans were not offering him anywhere near what he was worth as we were finding room in the cap for Buddy.

Due to the fact the Swans were not offering him anywhere near what he was worth as we were finding room in the cap for Buddy.
GWS are paying overs. Swans were never going to pay what he wanted. He was injured in 2012, virtually lame in the granny, so a long term big money deal would have been silly imho.

Yes it would be nice to have him but Buddy or no, Mummy was looking for big money and would likely have had to leave to get it.

Move on.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Why are people saying Mumford would improve us? He's having surgery on his knee FFS! He's not going to help much sitting on the sidelines for 3 or more weeks is he? And that's if he comes back from knee surgery after 3 weeks. More likely 6 weeks before he gets back to full fitness.

We'd still need either Nankervis, Derickx or Naismith playing, and if we kept Mumford, we might not have picked up Derickx or drafted Nankervis, and we'd be royally screwed right about now.

Mumford will be lucky to play 16 games a season through injury or suspension. In many ways, moving him on was good list management, and while it might hurt for a few games this season, it'll pay dividends over the next 5-6 years when we have 3-4 younger, developed rucks on our list.

Mumford will be lucky to play 16 games a season through injury or suspension. In many ways, moving him on was good list management, and while it might hurt for a few games this season, it'll pay dividends over the next 5-6 years when we have 3-4 younger, developed rucks on our list.

Mumford needs to be managed, GWS couldn't be stuffed with that which is why he is out for an extended period already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back