Delisted Daniel McKenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's what the 2015 Champion Data Prospectus had to say about McKenzie:

Average 16 disp, 3 tackles and a combined 4 i50/rebound 50s in the TAC cup last year.

He was inconsistent - collecting 20+ disposals in four matches but fewer than 13 five times.

Had a disposal effiencey of 78% - ranked second at the Chargers of any player to play more than 3 games.
Consistency and goalkicking are the two things McKenzie needs to improve, then he could be a star

Judging by the TAC cup grand final it looks like he was the Chargers' go to stopper in the backline which may have hurt his disposals? Wishful thinking?
I'm sure it played a part in his lack of disposals some games, but he wasn't a defensive stopper all the time. Hopefully the games he didn't get much of the ball were because of his position

What's the ceiling on this kid?

Is he likely to produce Birchall levels of football (who he reminds me of)?

Does he produce competition for spots with my man Blake Acres? Which out of those two will be the better footballer?

Apols for the all the questions, I've seen his video and like what he offers (especially for our list needs).

Very interested to see how he progresses.

What's the ceiling on this kid?

Is he likely to produce Birchall levels of football (who he reminds me of)?

Does he produce competition for spots with my man Blake Acres? Which out of those two will be the better footballer?

Apols for the all the questions, I've seen his video and like what he offers (especially for our list needs).

Very interested to see how he progresses.

Expectation - Farren Ray - Above ave utility who will always have a spot in the 22 and can be relied upon to provide a clutch game or two through the year.

Potential - Jimmy Bartel - Elite utility/mid who dominates games but never seems to cop a tag due to his "vanilla" profile. Teams will target Billings, Eli, Dunstan etc while D-Mac goes about having the best 20-25 touch games you will see.

He's a big boy already. Probably doesn't even need to put on another kilo!

Yeah he's a nugget, he looks super ripped and ready to play seniors. He said he'd worked super hard to make AFL in his time at Port and really focussed on doing the program and then extras. I would call him driven. He told us he'd played with Billings in Cricket, Footy and basketball since under 9s I think he said. Last year was their first year apart. It's going to be a good story if he makes it.

Mc Kenzie is a really nice guy with a really good height and a frame that looks like he could fill out a bit. Might be that Nate Fyfe sized mid or a decent sized utility like Fazray.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love his speed and kicking! In his highlights he showed that he always had the ability to go to another gear when evading opponents and could still deliver ball when doing so! Also very strong overhead a good package. He will replace Monty on the wing/mid when required!

I love his speed and kicking! In his highlights he showed that he always had the ability to go to another gear when evading opponents and could still deliver ball when doing so! Also very strong overhead a good package. He will replace Monty on the wing/mid when required!

I agree he looks like he has that exciting combination of being able to read the flight straight off the boot, and then having the endurance and speed to get to the highest point in his marking action quicker than others. Makes other kids look lacadasical in his video highlights.

Good interview, pretty switched on. He should get plenty of games this year. I'm thinking McKenzie along with Acres should be able to earn a Rising Star nom if they play 11+ games.
'Locketts_Elbow' LOL that's a good user name:thumbsu:
If theres somebody out there with the user name 'Cavens_Face' you two should get together :p

Good interview, pretty switched on. He should get plenty of games this year. I'm thinking McKenzie along with Acres should be able to earn a Rising Star nom if they play 11+ games.
My jaw hurts just reading a post by you.

I think he'll play the most out of this years' draftees and should get a Rising Sar nomination. Blacres could potentially win the whole thing

TN25, do you know if D-Mac has been training with the mids or with the backs?

Really interested to see where we play him. Is the pro type wing man, IMO.
Sorry mate, I don't know a whole heap on DMac just yet. He seems to be hiding from everyone.

I think he may start his career in the back line before becoming more a wingman when he gets bigger

TN25, do you know if D-Mac has been training with the mids or with the backs?

Really interested to see where we play him. Is the pro type wing man, IMO.

Sorry mate, I don't know a whole heap on DMac just yet. He seems to be hiding from everyone.

I think he may start his career in the back line before becoming more a wingman when he gets bigger

aussierulesrules can you help here?

It's a bit of a strange one. He was a no-show on the track at the open training session as far as I'm aware, he didn't play in the intra-club game, he isn't in the squad for this week, yet he hasn't ever been named in the injury list either. Was hearing really good things about him up until about 6 weeks ago, but nothing since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back