Injury Daniel Menzel - Ankle ligament tear

Remove this Banner Ad

LEts hope we can go 50 posts after the pic before someone comes and sucks the life outta this..

Don't think there is a peer amongst Menz that has worked as hard….

GO Menzel.

Its so easy to forget that we can potentially look forward to Dan playing senior footy for us. People are up in arms looking for the biggest and best FA or trade this time of year, yet if Menz can get back to form we'll have the best 'recruit' of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thought of this kid completing our forward line next year gives me shivers. However, the thought of his glass knees also gives me shivers. I'm praying to every deity that will listen.

And im hitting the ones up that won't listen.

Equal opportunity deity. Even let Partridge get a whiff of it too - and no Part you aint no deity….:cool:

Go Catters

Holidays are for wimps
By2muOpCAAAaziI.jpg
I didn't realise at first that he was stepping in that photo. Thought his left leg was just really tiny and misshapen.

Agreed...Mods, can we change the title of this thread to something like "Daniel Menzel progress updates"?
If he re-injures himself, this won't be the thread it appears in.

The policy is one thread per injury.

This thread is about his most recent injury and his recuperation. When looking back over each player's injury history on this board you will find a thread on each injury and recuperation.

I think this way makes sense.

If he re-injures himself, this won't be the thread it appears in.

The policy is one thread per injury.

This thread is about his most recent injury and his recuperation. When looking back over each player's injury history on this board you will find a thread on each injury and recuperation.

I think this way makes sense.
Is it possible to rename it then Daniel Menzel - Recovery from Knee Tendinitis?
To take some of the sting out of the title?

Its so easy to forget that we can potentially look forward to Dan playing senior footy for us. People are up in arms looking for the biggest and best FA or trade this time of year, yet if Menz can get back to form we'll have the best 'recruit' of the year.

I really wish I could share your optimism, but unfortunately I'm also an Arsenal fan, and I've heard Arsene Wenger use the line "like a new signing" far too many times in reference to Abou Diaby to be convinced by any suggestion that the we should look upon Daniel Menzel as some sort of pseudo-recruit waiting to happen.

Daniel Menzel’s punishing pre-season begins

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...preseason-begins/story-fnjuhrxq-1227079549395

Now a return date is tentatively pencilled in for the early rounds of next season, where he will look to navigate through about a month of footy in the VFL.
“I’ll do 50 per cent of the training come November,” he said. “I’m still a little way off.
“I imagine I’ll be playing some footy by rounds one, two or three."

So let's say Daniel Menzel plays VFL for however many weeks, absolutely setting the world on fire after a ridiculously cautious amount of time, and gets his AFL call up -

How many weeks do we play him as the sub for?

So let's say Daniel Menzel plays VFL for however many weeks, absolutely setting the world on fire after a ridiculously cautious amount of time, and gets his AFL call up -

How many weeks do we play him as the sub for?
He's been out of footy for SO long, I'd be fence- sitting on this one for a while!

I'm gonna take a stab and say it'll be the amount of games Billie Smedts plays next year.

6-8 ;)
So more than Morabito this year?
Generous, but IF he's fit, of course, why not? Full games though, not sub, if really proven fitness. 1-2 games as sub perhaps.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back