Retired Daniel Rich #1 (2008-2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link

The Lions completed their main training session at the Gabba on Thursday, with Daniel Rich on the sidelines on crutches.

He could miss anything from two to six matches with a stress reaction in his foot.

rich52.jpg

Link

"It is a big blow. He is one of our good, long-term players for the club - hopefully, he is back sooner rather than later," Black said.

Sit him out too, for the rest of the season...it doesn't matter an iota with where we are on the ladder....and IMO we seem to bring our players back way too early, and cause more damage..

Get them all right for next year....start afresh.....surely third time (year) lucky re injuries:(

AFLPA meeting

Brown and every one of his 43 Lions teammates turned up to Brisbane's Marriott Hotel for the historic teleconference.

Even Daniel Rich, fresh from being treated for a stress reaction in his foot, hobbled in on crutches.

Dean Warren

Brisbane general manager of football operations Dean Warren said the club was "confident of having some good news" about Leuenberger and Rich "in the next couple of weeks". "They are both critical players for us, as everyone knows," Warren said.
"Things are looking pretty positive. We have had some good discussions with their manager and we are confident with how things are progressing."

rich79.jpg

Brett Burton injury update

Daniel spent some time on crutches last week and has been bearing no weight on his foot. He'll stay in the moon boot for the next week to take the load off and allow the stress reaction to heal. We'll get a better indication of a return date when we bring him out of boot.

rich75.jpg

Den Diaries

I must admit it was a bit strange watching the boys play Port Adelaide at the Gabba last weekend from the sidelines. It was the first time I hadn’t been available to play a senior match since arriving at the Club at the end of 2008.

The injury had been uncomfortable for a few weeks, but I was keen to push through it and keep playing. But eventually it got to a stage where the Club’s Physical Performance team said the only way it would improve would be with a few weeks’ rest.

So I strapped on a moon boot and have been getting around on crutches for the past week. It’s disappointing, but nothing too serious. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to train again with the boys in the next week or so.

rich89.jpg

Brett Burton injury update

Daniel’s stress reaction in his foot is settling well. He’s now back to weight bearing, but still wearing the moon boot on and off, so we are taking that slow. That’ll hopefully progress over next few weeks and we’ll see him back after the bye.

rich81.jpg

Link to article

Daniel Rich is believed to have rejected overtures from the Giants and the lure of returning home to Perth and instead committed to Brisbane.

rich83.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Link to article

Conergy mad scientist: What about your team mates? Are there any greenies there?

Todd Banfield: We've got Daniel Rich. He usually invites people around for dinner, makes them bring the food and then take away the rubbish.

Signed a two year contract. :D Just got the email from the club. Looks like the club site is having issues, probably flooded with enthused fans for a change!

Edit: http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/118864/default.aspx

“We’ve got a good, young team that if we can all stick together and work hard, success will come. The Club’s moving ahead, not only in footy, but in other areas as well. Brisbane is where I want to be. It’s a great city and I’m confident I can get the most out of my football here."

richzo.jpg

Video

Link ....

Left-footed midfielder Rich averages almost 19 disposals and five tackles in his 59 games. His elite kicking has made him a target for taggers, and after starring in his first season as a midfielder, he has been given roles at half-back to further the rounding of his football education, and to enable him to shake the attentions of stopperrs. Resilient, determined and consistent, Rich can now become one of the cornerstones of the midfield which will take over from premiership champions Luke Power and Simon Black.

rich62.jpg

Link ....

Securing Rich and Leuenberger, on deals worth about $450,000 a season, is a huge win considering they were in demand from the two WA clubs and also expansion side GWS.

Rich and Leuenberger are the two most important players on Brisbane's list right now but Polec and Karnezis aren't that far behind.

He said he never discussed his plans with any of his teammates.

richp.jpg

Re: North Melbourne v Brisbane Lions

Brown, Merrett and Rich are obviously the big outs from last time.

Daniel Rich is one of my favourite players, but it seems to me that our ability to win clean ball from the stoppages has improved since he was injured.

Daniel Rich is one of my favourite players, but it seems to me that our ability to win clean ball from the stoppages has improved since he was injured.

Because rich belongs on the outside IMO that left boot is a gift to be used as often as possible not to be wasted under packs

Because rich belongs on the outside IMO that left boot is a gift to be used as often as possible not to be wasted under packs

Totally agree with you on something for a change, he would be way more dangerous, and would kick a'lot more goals.We have Redden and Banfield to get in there and tackle through the Midfield.

Hasn't got the pace. There are plenty of elite inside mids with a booming boot, Sam Mitchell is a good example.
As our midfield grows so will his ability to find space and use his boot more.

Hasn't got the pace. There are plenty of elite inside mids with a booming boot, Sam Mitchell is a good example.
As our midfield grows so will his ability to find space and use his boot more.

He really isn't that slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back